Print

Author Topic: 3DS Ambassador GBA games now available for download  (Read 6956 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program members can now download all 10 Game Boy Advance games from the Nintendo eShop. The 10 free GBA titles are:

* Mario Kart: Super Circuit
* Mario vs. Donkey Kong
* Wario Land 4
* WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
* Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
* F-Zero Maximum Velocity
* Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
* Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
* Metroid Fusion
* The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Link: NOA Customer Service: Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »
I'm impressed at Nintendo's choices here. Yeah, it absolutely makes sense to go with Minish Cap and Amazing Mirror over Link to the Past and Nightmare in Dreamland, they being original GBA games, but something about the fact that they went with what makes sense is pretty sweet.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
My only disappointment here is no Zero Mission.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
See BP's comment about original GBA games.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
I suppose so, but the degree to which it's better than the NES version of which it is a remake (like, even if it weren't the best installment in the series, just that it's playable is enough to separate it from the original) might as well qualify it as such.

Might just be biased, I suppose.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 02:26:49 AM »
Awesome list! Unfortunately I'm not an ambassador, but I have beaten most of the games on that list.

Also, I didn't think Metroid: Zero Mission was anything like the original at all.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »
I have been playing Minish Cap the most out of them so far. Following as a close second is Yoshi's Island, which we used to have on the GBA. As far as the F-Zero and Fire Emblem titles, I haven't been able to get into them; I've never played them before and I'm kind of waiting it out until I run through all the other titles first.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 08:20:50 PM »
Here are my complaints about the free stuff (the Turtlekid Maneuver):

There is no way to make these games look good on the 3DS screen. The two options are full-screen, which is a total washed-out blur-fest similar to viewing SD stuff on an HD TV, or native resolution, which due to the 3DS's higher pixel density shrinks the viewing area into the size of a postage stamp and makes even a Game Boy Micro screen look like a JumboTron. It's like watching someone play GBA five rows ahead of you on a bus.

Secondly, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror? Really? That's a 4-player game. It's Kirby's Four Swords. Multiplayer is its entire raison d'ĂȘtre. But there's no programming to allow a 3DS to connect to multiplayer. It wants a GBA Link Cable.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:11 PM »
I never understood that anyway. Even emulators support multiplayer on a non-native platform. Why is it that Nintendo have never thought to have some sort of module in the software that redirects Link Cable requests onto local Wi-Fi? It's fair enough that the DS didn't have it (hardware emulation and all), but, really, the 3DS is software emulated anyway, it probably wouldn't be that hard to fit in and it would definitely boost sales for Gameboy games. It's not as if they're making a profit on legacy systems anyway.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
Re:Remakes:

I'd hardly call SMA3 a GBA original, but that made it on the list and didn't make nearly as many changes from its original version as Zero Mission did.

Print