Print

Author Topic: Pain from Video Games  (Read 6029 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
I remember getting blisters on my left thumb from the NES controller a few times.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 09:18:20 PM »
My right wrist hurts when playing the DDR simulator on my computer. (Yes, I know, it's wrong to play with your fingers. Shut up.)

REAL MEN PLAY INDEX

I've also gotten several blisters from the original Mario Party's stick rotation games. I think my record is seven blisters at one time.
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »
Yes, stick rotating in Mario Party and other such games were awful for me, made my palms really red. Another thing that kills my thumb are soft D-pads. I don't really know why, but they cause more pain than clicky ones. I also distinctly remember getting a really really sore right thumb from pressing the C buttons in Tony Hawk on the N64, because I would often hold a trick, then slide my thumb over into another trick, causing them to get scratched and pretty raw. It hurt.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 06:49:36 AM »
Never had that last problem in Tony Hawk before. I just sort of button mashed.

I once had my finger stuck in that place on the GC's controller in between the Control Pad and the C-stick. I got it out, and it hurt a little bit. I have also received pretty sore headaches when playing a video game for a prolonged time, especially when I don't move my head. Once I did move my head, it hurt a deal. Finally, when I played Star Fox Assualt, I was really dizzy, and my eyes could barely focus on anything. That's about it.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 11:55:16 AM »
Hmm, I once in a great while get a fierce double hand cramp that lasts about 3 seconds immediately after stopping an extended run of multiplayer SSBM. It's almost as if my brain tells my hands, "It's okay now, We're done."

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »
I hurt my wrist playing PP:TTYD from playing for hours, no bathroom breaks, no rest.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »
Well my neck and shoulders hurt when I play games and talk on the phone at the same time. Plus my eyes hurt a lot too, when playing for a long time.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »
Snes-Street Fighter 2:World Warrior.  I only just got a Super Nintendo, and I bought a few games, including Street Fighter.  I was playing as Ken, and while doing his fireball attack and the spinning kick attack, I was sliding my thumb, and the D pad gave me a blister on my left thumb.  Then I got another one when I was playing Marvel Vs Capcom, but this time trying to do the Hyper combos.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »
My eyes used to hurt from playing too much MK64, as well as my thumbs hurting. Needless to say, I don't play that game much anymore. xPPP
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »
Oh, right, I forgot... When I was younger, my brother rented Virtua Fighter 3 and I played it so much I got a huge migrane, so I had to go to the doctor. He said it was just a migrane (I didn't know beforehand) and soon I was all better. The end.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
I forgot, as well, that my hands often get sore from extensive SSBM playing, particularly in "frantic" situations like Hard and Very Hard modes and when against people who are really good.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »
And I got a red left thumb from play Super Smash Bros.64 for 8 freaking hours straight yesterday(Strangly it went away today and I just got it yesterday O_o).
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print