Print

Author Topic: Relationdukars  (Read 79374 times)

« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »
Friends=good. Crush turned friend= WHY?

Because they're just like any other friend in that they might not be attracted to you?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
It's soul-crushing. You can't blame him for not wanting to hang around with her anymore.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
Friendzoned: because "consolation prize" is exactly what her friendship is going to feel like if that's just happened.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
It's soul-crushing. You can't blame him for not wanting to hang around with her anymore.

And it's not hurtful to her that he wants to end their friendship just because she doesn't want to be intimate with him?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
I have no intentions of ending our friendship, guys.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
Good, so you're not just a lousy Nice Guy™.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
Wouldn't it be worse if someone wanted to end a friendship and then didn't?  Their relationship would become a dishonest charade.  Even though it may be shallow to stop hanging out with someone because they turn you down, at least the person bailing out is being straightforward about their motives.

Not that this is referring to IAH's situation; this has reached Level Hypothetical.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
You got me there, I just think it's a stupid reason not to be someone's friend. Can't force a person to feel a different way, I guess.

« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
It's usually that you develop feelings for them, not that you only befriended them in hopes of dating them.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »
IMHO if you are friendzoned and don't speak up about your lust/attraction/affection/love then you are rightfully friendzoned whether you are male or female.  You can't just expect the other person to make the first move in fear of being let down or friendzoned and then be upset about it.  Declare your intentions.  Then you will either be well rewarded or have a right to be upset. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
It's usually that you develop feelings for them, not that you only befriended them in hopes of dating them.

I don't recall saying such a distinction mattered (although the latter is a truly retarded reason for being someone's friend). If you develop feelings for them and they're not returned, fine, take a step back to heal if you have to. But don't just flat out stop being their friend forever. The feelings of the other person do matter (surprising, right?) even if they only go so far as friendship. Learn to let [dukar] go, Jesus.

Then you will either be well rewarded or have a right to be upset.

And whatever you do don't be upset at them. It's not their fault they're not attracted to you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:21:08 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
how do i grils

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »
hav patients
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
And whatever you do don't be upset at them. It's not their fault they're not attracted to you.
Yes.  I meant that your feelings would be justified, not that you'd have the right to take it out on them.  Thanks for the clarification. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
My crush is now dating my bi (formerly gay) friend. I is sad.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print