Print

Author Topic: Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games  (Read 24545 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »
Heh, this is amusing.

When I was a wee lad, I had an irrational fear of organ music (probably the whole "Phantom of the Opera" feel). Thus, I could never touch a Castlevania game. Later, when I overcame my Organmusicophobia, I would never touch a Castlevania game because they were brain-explodingly hard. I finally went back to them around 2000; to this day the only CV game I've finished was Symphony of the Night back in 2001.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 06:07:51 PM »
Certain parts of Luigi's Mansion scare me. Most notably when the chandilier falls on you and the sound of a ghost comes up up even though there aren't supposed to be any ghosts in lit rooms. *shivers*

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
The fact that people were SCARED of things in Luigi's Mansion amuses me.

The times I rented it, I've never found any parts of it scary at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »
I'm afraid of the flaming skulls in LOZ:WW. They're super freaky.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »
Vidgmchtr, stop belittling people for things that scare them! You're just being a bother making remarks like that. Why, I ought to mention that the LightFoot Test of Strength was the easiest "challenge" I ever completed in that game! (seriously, it takes me less than 4 seconds to push that "musclefoot" guy over the edge.)

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20:57 PM »
Vidgmchtr, stop belittling people for things that scare them! You're just being a bother making remarks like that.

You know I honestly don't believe I was belittling them. I said that the fact that people were scared of things in the game was amusing to me. It's not like I was telling them they're stupid for being scared of something in a Mario game.

Why, I ought to mention that the LightFoot Test of Strength was the easiest "challenge" I ever completed in that game! (seriously, it takes me less than 4 seconds to push that "musclefoot" guy over the edge.)

Good for you. I'm not a strong button-masher. I literally needed the aid of a tool (a pencil, or more recently, the tool that was supposed to remove food from behind the wires of my braces) to complete that task.

As for my easy completion of the Test of Fear, all I did was look at the bar, with my finger on top of the control stick at all times, quickly shifting it whenever the red line quickly started moving off of the green area. Not too difficult.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »
Vid, I believed you were belittling them, and I believed you were belittling me. Also, I'm sure there was some point in Luigi's Mansion where I was scared at some point, out of surprise or anxiety (see: near-end of Boolossus).

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 06:56:18 AM »
Well, I was noticing that Vid was saying that other people's fears amused him, but then again, Vid is also amused by carnivorous insects, so I don't think there's reason to mind the fact that Vid is often amused.

I rented Luigi's Mansion once, and it was fun and all, my brother got all the way to Melody, but to be honest... the Game Boy Horror scared me.  I mean, when you point it at a mirror and everything starts moving--GAH!  But I don't think sharing something that I find scary is much of a secret...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 09:39:54 AM »
I sold a nonworking Chrono Trigger cart to Game Stop.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »
Naughty.

Now, this is the first time I've ever told anyone this. A few years back, I went to gameStop to sell a few N64 games. This was back when they had a big selection of used N64 carts both on a rack in a big bin. Discreetly, I picked up a few ones I was sure to get big bucks for, took off the price tags, went up sold them their own merchandise. Score! Still, I feel sorta guilty about it.
every

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
That's dirty, Glorb.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:46:16 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 01:50:27 PM »
Well, for some reason I tried to post here two days ago, but I couldn't so I'll say it now.
In Star Fox Adventures, the test of fear was extremely easy, but the test of strength took me months to beat. I had to use the help of a friend for that one.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 03:32:08 PM »
That's dirty, Glord.
Glord?  That's nearly as funny as TEM's Christ Farley.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »
I'm not sure why, but "Glord" sounds cool.
every

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:54 PM »
Edited. Everyone always catches my mistakes. XD I don't mind, though. Glord rhymes with Lord. Back on Topic.

I choked my little brother when he tore my animal crossing game booklet.

Print