Print

Author Topic: A Super Smash Bros. Combo Video  (Read 4152 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »
Hey guys! I made a new video, and this time, it's a combo video for Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64. Even if you don't play it anymore, give it a look! All the combos there are originally made and executed by me. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ZkmrTSkyk

Also be sure to check out my profile for more cool videos!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:58:18 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »
Nice! Though these "combos" don't do much for the combo meter. Though it still is very awesome.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »
The combo meter doesn't really tell if something is a combo or not, especially since it doesn't count grabs. If the opponent cannot escape from the series of attacks, it is a combo. Thanks for looking!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:40:45 PM »
Cool video. The people say the combos are escapable, but it looks like they haven't tried them themselves. I remember in Melee that I could get caught in a combo and I'd have a very hard time getting out of it. So I wouldn't be surprised if the characters are stunned during the whole combo. And it seems to be a silly thing to argue. Even if you could escape the combos, that doesn't make the video any less impressive (unless you have a video saying you owned Pikachu when you're playing against a stationary Pikachu in Training Mode).
But I guarantee that if the video had two Captain Falcons combo-ing eachother, it'd go up another star.
You didn't say wot wot.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:33:18 PM »
Thanks. The only reason it has 4 stars is because someone who doesn't like me for some reason rated it one star.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
I'm sorry guys, but I just realized that my combos weren't done perfectly, since I did them on a keyboard. I'm going to try and repost the video with the combos done perfectly.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »
But if your opponent can't get out of these combos, then how much more perfect do you need to be? Unless your friend had difficulty pressing the Up+B buttons on a different side of the keyboard.
You didn't say wot wot.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
I already fixed 2 of the combos. Well, when I tested them on my friend, I did all of the combos perfectly, since I had a controller and it was on the console. When I record them, I do it on my computer with a keyboard. On the keyboard, I'm not as good, and I can't perform actions as easily; therefore, my timing is slightly off from the console. I'm trying my best to improve the combos. They're all good; it's just that I have to get them done perfectly on the keyboard.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
Well, that video was put together quite nicely.  Thanks for sharing.  It was really fun seeing the original Smash Bros. for a change.  I'll always have a soft spot for the original.

My favorite part was the, "Show me your moves!" as Captain Falcon teetered on the ledge (2:11).
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
Okay guys, here is the improved video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ZkmrTSkyk

I'll also update the link on the first post.

Enjoy and be sure to check out my profile for more cool videos!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:14:25 AM »
Excellent combos.  As usual, you've proven your gaming skills.  The best was the one with Mario and Ness and 22 hits.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 07:17:51 AM »
Of course, Kimimaru going for the high score again.  That looked really cool,  my favorite one was what you did to Ness in the course that looked like it was on top of a building in the future.....I obviously don't know the name.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
Saffron City, dude.

The last little clip made me laugh.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 12:26:32 AM »
You are an amazing video game player, Kimimaru!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 09:52:40 AM »
Great job! I loved the ending lol.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

Print