Print

Author Topic: Wii problems  (Read 5734 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »
Here you can post any problems that you've had with the Wii remote, or the Wii. Things like injurys would be most welcome. (I'm just curious, but mabye it'll help people be prepared)
"it's always the present"

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »
Well, once or twice, my Wii-mote wouldn't turn on at the Wii channels screen.

Once, when my mom was playing Zelda, the plus button and the accelerometer in the Wii-mote wouldn't work, so we called Nintendo tech support, and he told us to turn the Wii-mote backwards and hit the Wii-mote on the palm of our hand (it worked, thankfully).

Finally, I was playing my own custom level in Elebits, when the game froze. I unplugged the AC adapter, and the reattached it. I turned on the Wii, and it worked perfectly.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »
I've not really had problems, but every so often I have had to reset the console after waiting 3-5 minutes after starting the Disc or Mii channels.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »
Oh ya I forgot to say, my friend and I were playing Wii Sports, when he hit me, quite painfully, with the remote, in the elbow.
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »
The best way to be prepared is to read the manual and use some common sense.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:38:56 PM »
I am having my Wii sent to NoA for repairs tomorrow. It does not read a single disc I try to put into it. My cartridge-based consoles, except for my ancient NES, work like new. I've had a few problems in the past with it suddenly crashing on a black screen and needing to be unplugged, but that's not happened since some distant update. Sometimes the remote doesn't respond, but that's also easier to fix these recent days.
Anyone else experiencing their remote going... wonky? Mine definitely doesn't pick up from as far as it did when new, and often it'll be stuck pointing left when I've pulled it up to point upward. It takes a few seconds to register the change and the cursor reappears.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »
You might just be having infrared light interference that you may not have had when you first got your Wii. Try adjusting the sensitivity.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
When I send it to Nintendo and get it back, of course. The only thing that could be interfering is the reflection of my light bulb.
Since I tried every disc I own on that thing, my entertainment center's a mess. Just like the rest of my room.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
and he told us to turn the Wii-mote backwards and hit the Wii-mote on the palm of our hand (it worked, thankfully).
Weird, man. That fixed the plus button as well?

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 10:55:40 PM »
Weird, man. That fixed the plus button as well?

Indeed it did.

Although, by that time, I wanted to switch to Wii Sports to ensure it wasn't a problem with the game. Unfortunately, I couldn't save mom's game, so she lost a lot of data :(
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »
One of my remotes--the one that came with the system, I think--just spontaneously started going abolutely nuts a little after I got a new one. I tried everything, called tech support ("hit it on your hand?" Oh, and there was Twilight Princess hold music!), did what they said, and... well, it got replaced. New ones have some kind of serial number on the side, I guess.

I'm so glad I don't own a 360.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »
They have their FCC ID printed on the side.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
When on stand by, my Wii gets really hot. So I just leave it on.

Also, my Wii is like 5 times louder than my TV.

Of coarse, these are more of annoyances than problems.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »
I haven't had any heat or lockup problems since the last update.  I never noticed any noise from the Wii since my TiVo fans and hard drives run all the time.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
I used to think my Wii and PS2 were noisy.

Then I got a 360.

Now I think my Wii and PS2 are dead silent.

Print