Print

Author Topic: Mario in...LittleBigPlanet?  (Read 4588 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 16, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »

An interesting peice of concept art has surfaced for the new PS3 title "LittleBigPlanet", and I'll let you conclude as to why it's so surprising. Seems you can get so detailed on the customization that users could create Mario, and perhaps even other videogame characters. Of course, this is just concept art (sketch drawings at that), meaning these drawings may or may not end up on the cutting room floor. I'm not sure user-generated content can fall in lines with "trademark" issues (I'll leave you guys to investigate that one), but I'm surely a bit more interested in this title if the customization can get that good. Of course, not even a full blown Mario title for PS3 would cause me to plunk down 600 bucks for one.

Hm...Maybe if it was a special edition Mario PS3. Yeah, probably definitely most likely I would. Maybe.

Link: jeux-france.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:43:51 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »
Yeah, uh City of Heroes tried this and got sued.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »
Yeah, but they never had to change anything and actually ended up getting tapped to develop Marvel's own MMO.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:07:39 AM »
But we don't know the actual terms of the settlement.  Actually, the City of Heroes publisher tried to stop this type of activity while Sony is blatantly encouraging it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:09:43 AM by MEGAߥTE »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 02:35:54 PM »
Is that guy on the bottom right naked? O_O
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »
Nope, he's just wearing his birthday suit.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print