Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario coming to VC next month?  (Read 6029 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »
An interesting scan has popped up across the internet, allegedly from the next issue of Nintendo Power. If true, the scan confirms the release of Paper Mario sometime in June! It looks to be legit, and with Super Paper Mario being somewhat new still, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo banked on its newfound success and squeeze a few more Wii Points out of the craze. Also if true, that means the Paper Mario series will be the first series that can be played entirely on Wii. Okay, that's not a HUGE deal, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention. Take an eyeful of the scan after the jump!

Edited: I am a kid of the Everything64 era, so excuse the error of "64" at the end of everything :P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:15:22 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:16:59 AM »
Great, now I have to scrounge up another $10.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »
Allright! Now I finally can have an entire series on the Wii!

.. but I think I will hold off on this one. My N64 still works like the day I bought it, and Paper Mario still works fine. I believe I have a recent new file that I have yet to complete on there..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:14:23 PM by Super-Jesse »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! (was necessary) Finally!  I'm Definitely buying Wii points one of these upcoming days!  *waits patiently for any word on SMRPG*  I just hope this doesn't end up being some dirty joke.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »
I'm glad I already own most of the Virtual Console games I would buy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 09:00:06 PM »
Huh.

Well, I was going to spend those 1000 extra Wii points on A link to the Past, but is this is true, then I might have to keep them a little longer.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
I'm still holding out for Kirby's Dreamland 3 (irrelevant though such a statement may be).

Honestly, most people who own a Wii and are buying things online were probably old enough to get the original version of most of these games, anyway, or at least catch all the remakes (I think OoT and Mario Bros. are bordering on getting bruises from all the different discs and cartridges they've been crammed into). Obviously, this is not the case with Paper Mario, but the point is, I already own it (only game I ever got on the VC, actually, was Mario Kart 64. Hasn't aged as well as I thought...).

...And it's, like, one of the most awesome games ever (Mario RPGs tend to be).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 12:14:05 AM »
The connectors on my SM64 cartridge have become so sensitive that the game freezes from any small interference.  I had gotten a star from Rainbow Road, but my cat rubbed against the cart before I could save. :(  It's still playable.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »
Clean it with rubbing alcohol.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
Rainbow Road? I always thought it was Rainbow Cruiser!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
It's actually Rainbow Ride, in the US at least.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »
Road, Ride, it's still Cruise to me.  I must've been thinking Mario Kart when I wrote that post.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print