Print

Author Topic: More Brawl Assist Trophies: Waluigi and Stafy (and some thoughts!)  (Read 18254 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:02:21 AM »
Waluigi will be appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an assist trophy, clad in his traditional outfit and carrying a tennis racket.  The Smash Bros. Dojo site's 12/14/07 update revealed Waluigi (as well as Stafy, that loveable starfish from under the sea) in all his purple glory.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder how many Nintendo franchises won't be in Brawl.

Here's a preliminary list, culled from The Nintendo Database.  I trimmed out any games that already seem to have character/music/item/whatever references in Brawl... how many do you think we'll eliminate by the time the game launches?

Stuff in bold represent games that had trophies/music/items in Melee.

(I'm making no guarantees this list is currently complete, nor up to date; however, it generally seems to be accurate.)

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Band Brothers
Battleclash
Card Hero
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Electroplankton
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Mach Rider
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Mole Mania
Nazo no Murasamejou
Oendon/Elite Beat Agents
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Shin Oni Ga Shima
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Wii Sports / Play
Wild Gunman
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

All the generic sports titles
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:09:47 AM by DavidDayton »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 02:20:42 AM »
Alleyway or Electroplankton stuff would be pretty cool.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:11 AM »
Sorry, PaperLuigi, but I've got to smile at this... Poor Waluigi. He sure seems angry... he should have been beating up Wario in the screenshots.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »
Best Assist Trophies yet! As for more Nintendo series being included... who knows? These two were inevitable, anyway, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »
Brain age music was seen, as well as a Bulborb pikmin trophy.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:18:25 AM »
At least Waluigi wont be playable.  If they put anymore data into Brawl's CD they'll either have to make a second CD or it will explode.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
Chibi-Robo, probably not, because it being Wal-Mart exclusive.

Radar Scope, definetly not. The only thing that game was good for was fodder for the Donkey Kong machines

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 11:00:38 AM »
Yesterday's update (Mario Circuit) and today's update (Waluigi and Starfy AT's) seem to confirm a little theory that I've had regarding playable characters..

When the Mario Kart stage was first show in video form (the first Brawl video, months ago) all of the racers were Shyguys. I'm going to assume, now that we've had a real update about the MK stage, that all characters from past MK games are either going to be playable, be AT's, or be non-playable NPC's.

These past two updates seem to confirm my theory: we've already got most of the cast of the first two MK games playable (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Wario) Toad and DKjr haven't been in SSB yet, but both were trophies in Melee.

Petey Pirahna and ROB the Robot both have been confirmed as NPC's (Petey was in MKDD and ROB was a secret character in MKDS).

Waluigi being an AT seems to wrap things up nicely.

This makes me think how everybody else from the MK games (MKDD and MKDS in particular) are going to be in.. If Toad were playable, they could give him a Toadette costume, just like Peach has a Daisy costume.

EDIT: I forgot that Petey was a hidden character. Whoopsie!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:27:31 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
Chibi-Robo, probably not, because it being Wal-Mart exclusive.
It was only Wal-Mart exclusive in the US.  SSBB is not being developed in the US.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:53:39 PM »
I'm neutral about Waluigi being an AT.  I kinda wanted him playable, but at the same time I didn't want him playable.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
It was only Wal-Mart exclusive in the US.  SSBB is not being developed in the US.

Duh. But who know how far Wal-Marts malicious tentacles reach?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:19:02 PM by Boo Dudley »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 02:25:28 PM »

It wasn't even Wal-Mart exclusive in Canada.  And the first game wasn't exclusive at all.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »
Hmm, there's no Sin and Punishment on this list, although it's a Nintendo game and its main character Saki is already an assist trophy. Also, there's still Metal Gear Solid and the Sonic series that could have assist trophies (Well, Metal Gear Solid already has an assist trophy, The Grey Fox, but Sonic doesn't).

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
If Toad were playable, they could give him a Toadette costume, just like Peach has a Daisy costume.
It'd have to be Toadsworth. :(
"it's always the present"

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »
Sorry, PaperLuigi, but I've got to smile at this... Poor Waluigi. He sure seems angry... he should have been beating up Wario in the screenshots.

Meh, I don't feel too bad about it. At first, I was disappointed, but there are so many more characters I can play as. The fact that they put Sonic and Wario in it had distracted me from the fact that he's only an assist trophy. Still, it would have been nice to have him as a playable character.

I still wonder if Luigi will be playable or not. I have no doubt he'll be involved in some way, but if he's an AT or a playable character has yet to be answered. It would seem rather stupid to include Mario, Wario and Waluigi without Luigi.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 04:22:01 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print