Print

Author Topic: "A DS Options Pak Is Inserted"  (Read 6095 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 06, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »
Several people on verious websites have reported getting the message "A DS Options Pak Is Inserted" on their DS where it usually says, "Start GBA game" when they use a Gameshark, improperly inserta GBA game, or use a GBA game with dirty contacts.  It has also been reported that when the "A DS Options Pak Is Inserted" message appears you can click on the alarm clock to turn it on and then it will ask you if you want rumble with the alarm.  I can't confirm any of this since I can't duplicate this glitch.  Has anyone seen it?

This is new and very interesting to me.  (If you've already heard it, please don't post just to say it's old news.)  I could image a rumble pak, gyro pak, memory expansion, camera, etc.  Here are some fake images to start this discussion:

What DS Options Paks can you imagine Nintendo or third parties might make?

Get Firefox!  Post your Super Mario 64 DS high scores on the TMK Fungi Forums.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:54:44 PM »
Well Action Replay is already out, which besides cheating allows you to transfer DS and GBA saves to and from a PC.  As for the Option Pak thing, it wasn't a glitch, it was activated by some devs.  I'm wondering if the DS firmware is flashable like the PSP...

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »
What about the games like Feel the Magic and WarioWare that detect when certain GBA games are inserted. What are those considered?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:06:04 PM »
GBA games.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:24:06 PM »
BOOSTER! I knew it! I'm so glad!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
> BOOSTER! I knew it! I'm so glad!

The box art I posted is fake.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 09:29:14 AM »
I think Nintendo needs to make GBA-type cartridges with a flash-drive (It would have something like a gigabyte of memory), which would let you transfer songs, videos, pictures, and small games to and from your computer. You could stick the cartridge into a little stand which would, by USB or wirelessly, be hooked up to your computer and would let you store it w/ anything you want.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 11:30:18 AM »
Heh, I knew that, Luigison. I'd just really like to see it come true.

Another possibility that would be interesting, but not particularly useful, would be an additional speaker, for further sound quality.

Edited by - Suffix on 4/9/2005 10:33:07 AM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 06:31:27 PM »

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »
But, when I found out DS can't play GBC games... I was so let down. Can't a man enjoy his SMBDX?

I think they should make an accessory that enables you to play GBC games!

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 09:07:25 PM »
Goofball, that's what your GBA is for.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 09:12:10 PM »
You mean the GBA I traded in to get my DS?

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 10:29:57 PM »
You are a tool if you traded any system in for any other system.  In any case, if an adapter is ever made to allow GB/GBC games to be played, it will be pretty bulky since there is plastic on the DS preventing the insertion of GB/GBC carts.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »
I actually thought it was compatible with GBC carts... oh well. I can always get a NES Classics GBA Game, or get a SNES wth SMAS.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 05:17:35 PM »
I guess I'm a tool because I traded my GBA in for a GBAsp.

MB, you said the Action Replay DS was out.  Do you mean some other country because I haven't found one, and got the following email today.

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

DS/GBA Action Replay

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801985&affid=1

Old Release Date - 4/25/2005
New Release Date - 5/16/2005

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!

Print