Print

Author Topic: MTV Writes Nintendo Open-Letter About Mario Kart Wii  (Read 4963 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »

Jason Cipriano from MTV's gaming blog wrote an open letter to Nintendo concerning some of Mario Kart Wii's flaws. I'm sure some of us can related to at least one of his issues, but is it something that justifies an "open letter"? Click over and find out!

Link: mtv.com (gaming blog)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
I wonder if that first comment was really from Nintendo. If it was, that was pretty rude of them.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
Doubt it (fairly good letter, by the way).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »
I can definitely see his less is more issue because playing online with more people can be frustrating especially if you don't know the people you are playing with and can't talk to them while playing.  On the other hand, playing in person the items from others in the room can add to the enjoyment. 

I disagree about the Wii Wheel though.  I find it fun to play with.  It may not be quite as much fun as tilt steering in Excite Truck, but still more fun than tilting a half-inch lever.  I've only played with the wheel so far, but I could see how the other methods may be more precise. 

The times for some unlockables is insane, at least to me at the moment.  Maybe I can improve drastically when I get used to the wheel or switch to a Wavebird and beat them.  I wish they'd included the DS challenge mode or whatever it was called.  That was more fun than simply beating a ghost. 

On another note, I like the addition of and to the tournament mode, but why couldn't they have included stuff like that offline. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print