Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1265817 times)

« Reply #4215 on: May 23, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
I was playing a great game of Team Fortress 2 today and I was playing as the engineer. I set up a sentry in such away that it made it very difficult for the opposing team to blow it up; furthermore, I had a dispenser constructed close by for emergency health/metal.

After about 20 kills, they sent in an ubercharged pyro to stop me. Fun, fun stuff.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4216 on: May 23, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
John Freeman is officially the biggest badass ever.

"I have to kill fast and bullets too slow."
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4217 on: May 23, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »
Macs are good if you don't need to do anything besides what you can do with pen and paper.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4218 on: May 24, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »
There's no way to convince you otherwise, but I beg to differ.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4219 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »
If Mac users weren't always so busy bragging about how wonderful their Macs were, they might make programs for Macs so that they'd have some.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4220 on: May 24, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »
Um...I wasn't bragging. I just like my Mac.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4221 on: May 24, 2009, 02:59:07 AM »
Not you. Most Mac users.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4222 on: May 24, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
Basically,

PC snobs think PC is best because you can play Crysis.

Mac snobs think Mac is best because you can do everything except play Crysis.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4223 on: May 24, 2009, 04:50:55 PM »
Maybe Macs are better than PCs, but the crap Windows has pulled on me over the years has got nothing on some of the craziness that's gone down with my iPod(s). On separate occasions, for no discernable reason, my album arts have turned to missingno-esque static, my battery has konked out when it reads half-full (but only on the bar at the screen's top, not the gray "rest" screen, and buttons have just stopped working--Ditto for my brother. I think the worst thing I ever got on XP was the Blaster worm... but then again, that crippled the thing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4224 on: May 24, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
Never trust your iPod's up-top battery display. To me, it's a minor inconvenience and just one of the quirks that I normally had to deal with. Of course, right now my iPod has been completely incompatible with any computer, but that's probably because I owned it for a year and Apple wants people to buy extended warranties. So yeah.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4225 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
I have never gotten a virus on Windows.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #4226 on: May 24, 2009, 10:02:49 PM »
I have gotten a virus from licking windows.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4227 on: May 25, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »
I've found that almost all problems I have with Windows computers are related to other people not knowing how to use them and doing stuff on my computer. It's not really going to matter for much longer, thankfully; the laptop I'm buying will run Linux (I'm getting one of those little netbooks), and the PC I'm building will probably dual-boot - and no one else is using either of them.

Picked up Silpheed: The Lost Planet (with manual), Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (the only full-priced game-related thing I bought while out), and Hidden & Dangerous 2 (only 29 cents!) earlier. Unfortunately, the reason that last game was even cheaper than its now-usual 99 cents was because...it didn't have the disc. No worries, though, since it has the CD key and I have the magic of torrent software. I also picked up some World of WarCraft TCG stuff, since it was really cheap.

Also, my cousin has fallen in love with Plants vs. Zombies.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4228 on: May 25, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »
Couldn't you just torrent H&D and not pay anything? Besides, that'd be paying far too much for it anyway.

EDIT: To clarify, torrent a cracked version of H&D without the CD key required.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:32:20 PM by Glorb »
every

« Reply #4229 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
2091 coins in SM64! FINALLY!!!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print