Print

Author Topic: New Donkey Kong and Mario games announced for 3DS  (Read 6642 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 14, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, and Mario Golf: World Tour were announced for the Nintendo 3DS during the Nintendo Direct webcast today.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is a remake of Donkey Kong Country Returns, which was released on the Wii in 2010. The 3DS version will release this summer.

The latest in the "Mario & Luigi" RPG series, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is scheduled for a summer release.

Mario Golf: World Tour is also coming this summer, and is the first "Mario Golf" game since Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour was released ten years ago.

The Mini Marios from the "Mario vs. DK" series will return in Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, coming soon to the Nintendo eShop.

Link: NOA press release

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Super excited about the new Mario & Luigi... but as usual, the premise makes me nervous.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »
3D remakes...

Can't not be excited for a new M&L, though, even if they make a concerted effort that you never, ever are at risk of dying.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »
3D remakes... Of three-year-old games, no less.

I'm cautiously excited for M&L.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
3D remakes... Of three-year-old games, no less.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was a 3D remake of a three-year-old Wii game.

Okami HD was an HD remake of a four-year-old PS2 game.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate HD and Resident Evil: Revelations are Wii U ports of year-old 3DS games.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »
For some reason M&L:DT seems like a weird combination of classic M&L with Super Princess Peach/Bowser's Inside Story.

I love that they moved on, graphics-wise; it looks fantastic. I was a little surprised to see Starlow again, since M&L companions are usually exclusive to their individual titles.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
WHY ARE YOU SO PAINFUL TO LISTEN TO, IWATA-SAN
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:07 PM »
the first "Mario Golf" game since [...] ten years ago.
...Dang.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print