Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260068 times)

« Reply #4290 on: June 15, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »
That's good to hear.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4291 on: June 15, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »
:D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:45:46 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4292 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »
I know "I'm posting this from my x" posts are totally overdone, but... I'm posting this from my DSi.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4293 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
Say, do items ordered from Nook's catalogue provide Points? Getting those Nintendo-themed accessories shouldn't be too difficult if such is the case.

Yes, that does work. Before getting the next discount, 4 Triforces got me to silver and gold statuses. Triforces are 10,000 bells for Silver members. They became 9,500 and 9,000 as I went up in shop rank. And yes, if you time travel back to a day when Nook is haveing a point sale, it will still be in effect. Now all I need to do is save up 100,000 bells to get to.. whatever rank is above gold (platinum I assume? That would make sense..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4294 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »
Excellent strategy. Now that it's finally Goliath/Elephant Beetle season, the Bells to buy said overpiced catalogue items should just come rolling in.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4295 on: June 16, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »
Are Barred Knifejaws and Red Snappers not as good money as they used to be, then?  I almost exclusively used fishing to pay off my loan from Nook in the original AC.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4296 on: June 16, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
They certainly are. I'm just more partial to Beetle-hunting, and Summer nights are the only time when such is a viable moneymaking option.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4297 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »
I propose we make "mario's butt" a meme. It'd be better than everything else out there anyway.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4298 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
I'm installing Red Alert 3, which I bought on the same day as my netbook. (It requires Internet activation, which is why I hadn't already installed it.) I paid $30 - which is what they want for the normal version - for the Premier Edition, which comes in a nifty tin, includes two bonus discs (a bonus DVD with bloopers, outtakes, and other neat stuff, and the soundtrack), some codes that expired at the end of April (Warhammer Online item, bonus multiplayer maps that I might still be able to get, and a beta key for the next C&C game), and a Women of Red Alert 3 poster. Pretty nifty stuff overall.

« Reply #4299 on: June 19, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »
I managed to get accepted into this really nice artist job for the summer. I'm surprised I got in since space in the program is always so limited. For my interview I even made my first portfolio (I really wish I had a scanner so I could show some of the stuff I've drawn or the characters I've made).

« Reply #4300 on: June 19, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
I propose we make "mario's butt" a meme.

I'm still trying to make relative sense of mario's statement. It could roughly translate to,

"Hey! Luigi Mario [Luigi's full name] lives across the street from me and Luigi! [This "Luigi" being of no relation to Luigi Mario] TALK [if] you are not just posing. [By which he is trying to enforce his objective of supplanting meaningless banter, or "posing", with intelligent conversation.] marios butt [LOL]"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4301 on: June 19, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »
Was marios butt just his sig? The post was old enough for it.

Why couldn't you have waited a week so the topic would be an even 9 years old, though?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4302 on: June 19, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »
Was marios butt just his sig? The post was old enough for it.
Yes, but I included it in my analysis anyway.

Why couldn't you have waited a week so the topic would be an even 9 years old, though?
Its time had come. That thread was to Weegee as expensive cheese is to French people. Its allure became even more irresistable the more it aged, and the temptation just hit a breaking point a few days ago.

marios butt

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4303 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
Quote from: Weegee's sig
Mario's butt: Best meme since Weegee.

Whoa, don't jump the gun there, Weegee.
every

« Reply #4304 on: June 19, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »
'Twas a joke, good Glorb -- I'm quite aware that when it comes between Weegee and marios butt, each one is more awesome than the other... Huh? Wait. That... doesn't... Never mind.

In other news, dad just got that classic* Mini Austin which he's wanted since childhood.

*Well, a 1984 model technically doesn't quite register as a "classic", but it's dang close.

Print