Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91164 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »
You are correct.

And, there is an ant on my keyboard. It is now on the number pad. It's dead.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2006, 02:44:43 PM »
I think actually think that Alternate Realities ahould be added to the list. Some people may actually beilive in those. I actually beleive that when I die , I'll be reincarnated in another dimention.

« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »
Just to let everyone know, I changed the TMK option to other dimensions.  So your answers are still the same just more specific now.  I can put Alternate Realties and anything else on the list as long as they could work (whatever that means) and people agree with them.

The Chef: You would probably come back as a chef.  You sealed your destiny!

If I had to be reincarnated as anything, it would probably have to be a T-rex.  No, make that a new species of T-rex that can fly, swim, and run fast.  However, as a human going through life once I don't know if I would want to do it again. I think that by the time I'm about to die I would much rather die and live with God and my friends and family forever.

Edit: Okay, I put alternate realities up there (I was going to add "the matrix" and then I just realised that's an alternate reality).  I also changed option 13 to the trinity and will try to find more ideas later.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 04:46:52 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2006, 07:45:29 PM »
Did you lock the voting, because I can't fing the Remove Vote, so I can get new votes in.

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »
I didn't lock the voting.  Sorry, I don't know what's going on here.  Can anyone help him out?
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »
The 'Remove Vote' is back.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2006, 11:05:14 PM »
...By the way, what is meant by "Giai"?
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »
Maybe he means "Gaia"? And if so, do you mean the Gaia Hypothesis or Gaia as in "Mother Earth"?
I thought something else was originally under "Bob's Mom"; did you change the option?

But if there's no purgatory, wouldn't that mean that someone who commits a lot of venial (comparatively minor) sins in his life and doesn't repent of them, but does repent of any mortal (serious) sins he may have committed, will go straight to heaven after he dies, just like a saintly person who tries as hard as he can not to commit any sins and repents of every sin that he does commit?
I don't believe in Purgatory. I believe that once you're forgiven, you're forgiven; once you ask for forgiveness, you're also asking forgiveness for anything you do in the future, as well. All your sins you've committed and will commit are "placed at the Cross" when forgiven, and the Holy Spirit enters you. From that point on, God doesn't see "you" (the broken sinner); instead he only sees his perfect Son. Whatever sins you commit, no matter how big or small, don't matter anymore, although that doesn't give you "fire insurance"--an excuse to do bad things. So, I don't see the reason for Purgatory. Note that this is all my personal belief; I'm not saying others' are "wrong".

On another note, I believe that--for those already saved, who are forgiven--how you live on earth will have some consequences, but more an "awards ceremony" than a punishment or whatever. Pretty much your life will be put on display--the good and bad. The bad is already forgiven, but the good is rewarded. And, like an awards ceremony in real life, if you're awarded nothing or very little, you'll probably feel ashamed or at least not that great (not to mention embarrassed by all the bad things).  Purgatory seems more like a punishment, having to "wait longer" before experiencing paradise. This Judgment Seat of Christ "awards ceremony" is scriptural; Purgatory isn't, at least to my knowledge.

I've never found any evidence of Purgatory in the Bible, and from what I've learned in history, the idea of Purgatory led to corruption in the church, with some clergy encouraging people to basically "buy their way into heaven"--well, buy their time out of Purgatory faster, or something. So personally, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of Purgatory. So, yeah... Again, this is what I personally believe.

I heard something about the Pope or Catholic church or something changing (or thinking about changing /wanting to change) that unborn and unbaptized babies actually go directly to Heaven, rather than Purgatory first.

Semi-related to this whole post, I recently read this, and I find it very interesting--and applicable to my own life. This is something I've struggled with, and my mentality is changing more and more.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:17:42 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2006, 08:24:55 AM »
Koopaslaya: Was the ant dead when you found it or did you squish it?  If that's the case, you should be called "Antslaya."

Yeah... Gaia.  I had a feeling I spelt that wrong. XD I didn't know there was also a theory that went along with mother earth, I just heard about Gaia itself.  I may have had something under Bob's mom before but I don't remember what it is now, sorry.

Sapph: I feel like I can never be able to say things like you can, Sapph.  But I don't feel jealous, just wish I could communicate better. But we all have unique talents.  I know exactly how you feel with what you pointed out (the verses in Galatians) and it's also hard for me to focus on trust and obedience to Jesus and not just trying to keep all of the rules alone (hey, I just finished reading Galations two books ago!).  But if we keeping praying, have patience, and do our best to make the right choices, the Holy Spirit can slowly change our character through our whole lives.  "It takes only a day to grow a mushroom, but it takes years to grow a Red Wood."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 08:26:57 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2006, 09:32:13 AM »
I squished it. Hah, antslaya.

Well, the Jehova's Witness came over today. That was a different expreience. I did the best I could to try to have a discussion with them. Unfortunately, it failed, since I got a phone call, and they got to leave then, but other that that, it was pretty solid.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »
I don't believe in Purgatory. I believe that once you're forgiven, you're forgiven; once you ask for forgiveness, you're also asking forgiveness for anything you do in the future, as well.

Yeah, but not everybody asks for frogiveness though. Like maybe they have a secret that they try to hide (good luck with that). I know most people confess and ask for forgiveness, but happens to everybody else that doesn't. It's not like they're going to "The Basement" for not asking forgiveness and still having a sin. Unless it's bad enough.

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »
Koopaslaya: What did you talk to them about?

G-Dawg: Well... I don't know everything about how purgatory and other things work.  All I know is what I believe, which is if someone confesses to God all their sins of their whole lives, believe in Jesus and his resurrection, and do their best to trust and obey Him, they won't have to worry about that.  All sins are the same to God, so it's no problem for him to forgive and forget any amount and any size of sins. "Yes, I'd like to forgive the tripple decker sin-which with some peace and love on the side, please."  And do we really know if everyone doesn't get a chance to ask for forgiveness?  I believe that God gives everyone that chance and really "desires that none should perish but all should have everlasting life."  The final choice is up to us.  But I doubt that there's any way that anyone can ever stop failing at times, but we should just worry about asking for forgiveness, forgiving ourselves, and then moving on and keep trying to do the right thing (All things that I just believe, of course.  Always gotta say that.)

Okay, now you convinced me.  I'm gonna to go hear Boston rock on!  WoooooooooT!! *drives to Boston and doesn't know where to go next*
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 04:39:19 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2006, 08:23:42 PM »
You can Ignore this but...

I can't believe that 5 people have voted for Luigi in SM64.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »
Oh I just kindly proved to them that Jesus is God. Jesus isn't merely a being, like they believe. I used John 1:1, and the origional Greek. They were pretty much shocked, they left on the first chance they got, which is after I went to answerr the phone.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »
This is off-topic too, but I have noticed people have voted for aliens...but not UFOs. I didn't, but I mean don't aliens use UFOs as their ships if they were real?

Print