Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91816 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2006, 08:42:42 PM »
This whole topic has gone out of hand. I fail to see what Chup's original response about "usefulness" had to do with what was being talked about. None of what's being discussed now has to do with what I was talking about originally.

It's her job... here, at least.*imagines a job where you run around telling people useful stuff in real life...

They're called counselors and advisors. ;)

COUNSELORS AND ADVISORS TELL PEOPLE USEFUL STUFF IN REAL LIFE!
That doesn't mean people are required to listen to them, but they're there to give direction when one needs help and seeks it. This includes school counselors; their job is to tell "people useful stuff in real life."

Whatever Chup says he implied by what he said didn't really mean anything to what I was saying. All it did was offend people. I never ONCE implied that people "always need direction about everything because they're helpless and clueless about life in general."  Either way, you're trying to make me look stupid. I'm sick of it.

Jeez Louise.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:51:21 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »
I have this incredible urge to be all ridiculous and say something like "the fact that you think I am trying to make you look stupid hints at some hidden fear that you may be incompetent" or something similar. Not that that's what I actually think, but it's tempting because it's such an easy target, and because it's a completely false accusation. Anyway, I personally thought I was being pretty tactful in my original statement. I would not find the advice of a counselor to be useful, because I am capable of discerning needs and making decisions on my own, without the aid of a paid professional. I don't think people should need to be told Useful Stuff, I think if they're smart they should be able to figure it out on their own.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:55:41 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »
The only advisor I have is for help knowing about and deciding what classes to take in college.

I would not find the advice of a counselor to be useful, because I am capable of discerning needs and making decisions on my own, without the aid of a paid professional. I don't think people should need to be told Useful Stuff, I think if they're smart they should be able to figure it out on their own.

You're contradicting yourself, not to mention hearing only what you want to hear. READ THIS:

COUNSELORS AND ADVISORS TELL PEOPLE USEFUL STUFF IN REAL LIFE!
That doesn't mean people are required to listen to them, but they're there to give direction when one needs help and seeks it. This includes school counselors; their job is to tell "people useful stuff in real life."
SCHOOL COUNSELORS/ADVISORS "TELL PEOPLE USEFUL STUFF IN REAL LIFE" -- THAT USEFUL STUFF BEING KNOWING WHAT CLASSES WOULD BE GOOD FOR A PERSON TO TAKE!
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »
You have me at a logical fallacy; I originally read your post before you edited it, and did not see that comment until later. You are correct that I was not including a school advisor in my statement, but as far as I can tell, that kind of advising is a different type than the one we had been discussing previously. I was not talking here about things which require extra, specialized information such as class descriptions and schedules. Without a person to explain these things, it would be much more difficult to plan a schedule. This is not the type of "counseling" that I was talking about. If you consider them to be one and the same, I have a different point of view and have explained my point as much as necessary.

For reference, what do people like Dr. Phil and Oprah do, in your opinion?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 09:13:30 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »
imagines a job where you run around telling people useful stuff in real life...

They're called counselors and advisors. ;)

These were the original posts. Bird Person described a job, and Sapphira clarified what individuals would hold that job. That was it, and nothing more. There was absolutely no intent for an argument, but one got started anyway. Who started it? And why?

If you need an "advisor" for your life, I have to wonder about your ability to survive in any situation at all.

Humor me, Chupperson: How on earth does this post have ANY relevance to Sapphira's post?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 10:16:44 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2006, 11:34:59 PM »
Oh crap, what did I do? I didn't take Sapph's post as negative. I actually imagined Oprah or Dr. Phil running around a crowded town telling people not to step in the puddles. I'm gonna... click "Post" and then "Home".
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »
It's not your fault, Bird Person. You didn't start this. I am simply stating that your post and Sapphira's post alone were just part of a simple, pleasant discussion about editing votes. Let's look at what came out:

One could argue against the "usefulness" of that "information".

One could, but why? Seriously, why must you criticize everything Sapphira says? It's annoying and rude. This comment had no place in this discussion. All it was meant to do was to offend.

If you need an "advisor" for your life, I have to wonder about your ability to survive in any situation at all.

It's bad enough that this post had absolutely no relevance to the "what people who help other people are called" discussion, but worse is that its word choice offended several people here, not just Sapphira. Chupperson, if you're going to criticize, do it with respect. We don't need you to constantly spew insults at people you disagree with, and then ignore and disregard their side of the argument. We don't care if that's not your tactful way to argue with people, you still need to treat others with respect and consideration. And if you're still whining "you know I don't really mean it," NEWS FLASH: the rest of us DO mean it when we say "You're annoying and offensive." If you're not going to realize and change what the rest of us see in you and are annoyed about, then you're obviously just an immature, arrogant jerk. CUT IT OUT AND GROW UP. You have a bad enough reputation as it is.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 08:50:11 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2006, 09:14:31 AM »
Would you not agree that people should be smart enough by themselves to know not to step in puddles? Bird Person perfectly captured the essence of my thoughts. Actually, what bothered me the most was Sapph's winking face after that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2006, 10:39:02 AM »
You completely ignored what I said. You're only looking for an excuse to make Sapphira look like an idiot.

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
Would you not agree that people should be smart enough by themselves to know not to step in puddles? Bird Person perfectly captured the essence of my thoughts. Actually, what bothered me the most was Sapph's winking face after that.
You need to choose your words WAAAY more carefully and considerately, then. It's not about what you MEANT; it's about what you SAID.
And yet, Koopaslaya had no trouble seeing what I meant. Interesting, isn't it?
We "know" what Chup thinks, as we established in the past above posts. Again, as we said before, it's completely fine to have your own opinion. But what you say is what is wrong-- not his opinion. He has insulted others of what they do and believe in; he could've just kept that part aside and still state his facts in a respectful way.
You're contradicting yourself, not to mention hearing only what you want to hear. READ THIS:
SCHOOL COUNSELORS/ADVISORS "TELL PEOPLE USEFUL STUFF IN REAL LIFE" -- THAT USEFUL STUFF BEING KNOWING WHAT CLASSES WOULD BE GOOD FOR A PERSON TO TAKE!
Whatever Chup says he implied by what he said didn't really mean anything to what I was saying. All it did was offend people. I never ONCE implied that people "always need direction about everything because they're helpless and clueless about life in general."  Either way, you're trying to make me look stupid. I'm sick of it.

Jeez Louise.
[/quote]
You're contradicting yourself, not to mention hearing only what you want to hear.
Mabey if you ACTUALLY read these posts, you might understand. If not, I have pity on you. All of these posts were about "Not what you mean, but what you say." along with your failure to read other parts of important posts. Or if you just look back upon your posts, you might just realize what you are saying is wrong.

This will be my last post on this discussion, for as Sapph and NE89 have mentioned, this topic has gone out of hand and should be discussed in a different place. Nothing will be accomplished here if Chupperson continues to fail for listening what others say. Or at least should be handled by other staff members and not us(normal members).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:08:08 PM by Khold »

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »
EARAGGHH! Stop the fighting! My head hurts.....
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2006, 12:51:06 PM »
wow. look at all the capital letters.  O.O

(Monday! Monday! Monday! battle between Sapph and Chupperson to the death!)

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »
Wow! People do argue about the weirdest things.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2006, 03:05:07 PM »
What's the deal with everyone thinking I'm trying to make them look bad? I don't get where that came from.
And no, I was being perfectly honest that the winking face creeps me out and for some reason looks like it's saying, "You're dumb" when I look at it.
I don't know if this is a good example or what. People love guys like Dr. Phil for telling everyone all this stuff, and he's just telling them really obvious things that they would already know if they were smart. And that's sad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 03:08:58 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »
It still baffles me how a wink sparked this.

Print