Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1706752 times)

« Reply #6480 on: February 28, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
Sure. Anyways, the closing ceremonies are currently taking place. Neil Young opened by singing, "Long May You Run", followed by William Shatner delivering a tongue-in-cheek monologue professing his love for our nothern nation.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6481 on: February 28, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
I think I've heard that monologue.  It's the one about exploring strange new worlds and boldly going where no man has gone before, right?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6482 on: February 28, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
Should've seen that one coming.

After Captain Kirk came an enormous parade, proudly flaunting just about every fundamental Canadian stereotype in the book. It began with Michael Bublé in an RCMP outfit crooning "the Maple Leaf Forever", who gave way to a veritable legion of actual Mounties towing enormous inflatable beavers and moose. They were, in turn, joined by a good hundred hockey players, a small child dressed as a puck, and several dancers in maple leaf-themed costumes. Finally, they all began revolving around the rink on which the spectacle took place, at which point Bublé sang the closing verses of "O Canada", bringing the entire stadium to an orgasmic carousal of all things Canadian.

« Reply #6483 on: March 02, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
Class Struggle....... has got me somewhat down.
I only watch [adult swim]

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #6484 on: March 04, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
My liver just ate me!!!
(_8^(I)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6485 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
I'm taking the ACT this week.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6486 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
I never actually took that. I did take the SAT, though, and did fairly well.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6487 on: March 09, 2010, 05:34:44 AM »
I'm taking both; but I don't take the SAT until May.

« Reply #6488 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
I don't have much motivation to take my SAT. Maybe I'll do exceptional, or maybe I'll fail shamelessly.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6489 on: March 09, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
I'm taking the SAT in May, too. Subject Tests in June. Got 1590 on the practice test x_x.

On the topic of ANGST: I hate studying for the SAT/Subject tests. I love biology but learning about cells doesn't like to stick to the cranium.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #6490 on: March 09, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
A book I brought to school was confiscated today. That normally wouldn't be too great an issue, except that the book in question was A Practical Guide To Racism, a hilarious satire which parodies ethnic stereotypes in an obviously un-serious way. However, our school's close-minded dumb[dukar] principal evidently doesn't have the perception to see that, and told me that I should be expecting a phone call later today.

[wtd].

« Reply #6491 on: March 09, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »
You brought a book about racism to school and didn't expect it to be confiscated?

You deserve that.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6492 on: March 09, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »
I guess what irks me is less the fact that it was confiscated, but more that he failed to see that the book was satirical even after reviewing it. Far from condoning it, the book never really references racism, instead focusing on stereotypes. Aside from scarcely a few potty words and mild sexual references, it contains nothing which would offend a sensible person. So,

[wtd].

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6493 on: March 09, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
Was that book published by the brilliant minds at Encyclopaedia Dramatica, by any chance?  From what you've said, it sounds like their brand of "satire."

« Reply #6494 on: March 09, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
Try bringing Hantei to school. ...never again!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print