Print

Author Topic: Riddle Me  (Read 12515 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2004, 09:56:01 PM »
Both Insane Steve and Fifth answered correctly, however, I.S. was slightly faster.  Therefore, he gets to post the next riddle.

Here's the answer to mine, SPOILER ALERT:

Each number is equal to the number of letters it has in its name, with 5 letters being "Magical".  Thus, 1 = 3 because "one" has 3 letters.

"Oh, and Dexter, don''t let those nasty Grab-Ons getcha!"

"They are called Hang-Ons mother!  The ruthless Hang-On Empire!"

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 5/29/2004 8:57:39 PM

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2004, 08:09:26 PM »
Ok, here's mine.

There are many words in the English language that end in the suffix "-ful": tasteful, hopeful, joyful, etc. However, there is one and only one word in the English language ending in "-full," with two L's instead of one. What is it?

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 5/30/2004 7:10:32 PM
~I.S.~

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2004, 08:51:45 PM »
Popple got it very shortly after I posted it. Answer below.

Full. I didn't say anything about the length.

~I.S.~

~I.S.~

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004, 02:10:21 PM »
Always old, sometimes new
Never sad, sometimes blue
Never empty, sometimes full
Never pushes, always pulls
What is it?

Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2004, 02:50:45 PM »
¥tterbiJúm was the first to reply

Answer:(do the highlight thing, although That seems to be a given by now.)

The Moon.

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2004, 03:22:07 PM »
Ok, here goes:

Hugh had never seen the movie "Top Gun" before he got on the transatlantic flight to take him from London to Los Angeles.  However, he had heard that it was good and was pleased to see that it was due to be shown during the flight.  After lunch, "Top Gun" was screened, but Hugh did not bother to watch it even though he had a clear view of the screen and the sound and picture quality were fine.  Why not?

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2004, 09:58:56 PM »
Both TEM and Insane Steve answered, but TEM's answer was wrong, so Insane Steve got it.

The answer is:

The movie was shown both before and after lunch.  Hugh watched it before and didn't bother watching it again after.

$100 invested at 7% interest for 100 years will become $100,000, at which time it will be worth absolutely nothing.

-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 5/31/2004 8:59:33 PM

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2004, 09:41:54 AM »
My answer might've not been what you were looking for, but it made sense.

^_^ ._0 @_@ O~O

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2004, 10:56:09 AM »
Actually, TEM, your answer "Hugh didn't speak English" doesn't really make sense.  Think about it.  Why would Hugh want to watch this movie if he didn't speak English?  And if he did, why did he suddenly decide to not watch it.  No offence, just pointing that out.

Time for another riddle, Insane Steve.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 04:43:17 PM »
Eh, the slopes aren't of equal grade.  3/8 != 2/5.  It looks really close, but check the points where the traingles' corners touch the grid...

So we rearrange them...
3x5=15
2x8=16

...Makes sense to me.

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 6/9/2004 3:45:28 PM
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 06:13:26 PM »
That's a good one.  I had it posted in my room until the other day when we had to take everything down for summer.  Monday is our last day at school.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2004, 07:06:48 PM »
Perhaps the squares are not of equal area.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2004, 11:25:06 AM »
I has to do with an irregularity in the Fibonacci series. Note: 5x13 triangle. This can be done with an 8x21, or a 13x34, etc. The pieces, if this is done with paper, will not line up perfectly, and the hole is one unit square in area. This cannot be seen as well on a triangle, though. Fifth explained it pretty well.

Anyways, here is my official riddle. Shouldn't be TOO difficult. It is actually blatantly obvious.

Before the 26th Amendment, the minimum age required to vote for president was 21 years old. Why is it that, despite the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which lowers the voting age to 18, that there are still many American citizens who cannot legally vote for president until they are 21?

EDIT: Riddle slightly revised because of an ambiguity that LD pointed out. (As an answer)

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 6/14/2004 6:49:16 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2004, 02:05:53 AM »

Print