Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 371572 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1050 on: October 18, 2013, 03:56:59 AM »
I now have lots of Timid Protean Froakies, mostly with IVs of 31 in SpAtk. I took the best six that had 31s in SpAtk and Speed, started a flat battle to check their stats at level 50, and picked the best one.

Then this passerby from Japan starts a trade with me. I immediately offer one of the Froakies, and up shows a shiny Mienfoo. But abilities and natures don't show up on the trade preview. He took it back. I ended up trading the Froakie for his Flabébé anyway because I'm not a jerk.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1051 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »
Someone updated the legendary chart

« Reply #1052 on: October 18, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
Ouch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1053 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
After it being on the GTS for upwards of 24 hours, I finally got someone to trade me a Yveltal for my lvl. 50 Goodra + Luck Incense + Pokérus.  Awesomeness.  Also, I got my first shiny; a Vanillite in a horde battle.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1054 on: October 18, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
I am going to be so late to the pokemon party. I'll post about this all excitedly in like 8 months when no one cares anymore.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1055 on: October 19, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »
As someone who is tempted to get this now but savvy enough to wait until "Z" or at least a price drop, ^ this.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1056 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1057 on: October 19, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
That's what's throwing me off.  I can't be sure, but B2&W2 weren't terribly well-received, if I remember correctly, making me think they might default back to just one "third" version.

Even if not, the worst case scenario is that waiting a while will result in a price drop.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1058 on: October 19, 2013, 05:18:13 PM »
W2 was possibly my favourite Pokemon game to date. It smoothed out most of its predecessor's flaws, and quite possibly added more content to its respective generation than Crystal, Emerald, or Platinun did.

Not sure whether to import all my old 'mons in December, or wait until Z. Can the Pokemon Bank be used to transfer Pokemon between sixth-gen games, or just to import them from Gen V?

« Reply #1059 on: October 20, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
I think they'll make a Z since they are setting themselves up for it by using X and Y instead of Y and Z. They also have the Z legendary already and I don't recall a Grey legendary.

Edit: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tao_trio oops
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:55:09 AM by bobbysq1337 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1060 on: October 22, 2013, 03:21:05 AM »
I'm realizing it'd actually be feasible to breed for FIVE IVs of 31. Friend Safari, find three pokémon with different 31s only overlapping once at most (leaving the Attack stat you won't be using), breed two together with the Destiny Knot (now makes the parent pokémon pass down 5 IVs instead of two) until you get something with all four, and then breed that with the other until you wind up with five.

I wonder if Game Freak continually makes breeding easier not even generation after generation but game after game to try and bring the competitive scene back to the real games instead of the simulators.

I need to meet somebody with Poliwhirl in their FS. Or breed a Quagsire with the IVs I want for one. I can't get Drizzle until December though, unless I can find a Swift Swim Poliwag in a horde.

On another note I am having awful luck discovering egg moves for Hawlucha. It can't get the elemental punches, Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Wide Guard, Endure... I don't think Superpower or Circle Throw would be worth trying for...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1061 on: October 23, 2013, 08:59:41 PM »
I'm reluctant to train any Pokemon now, lest they be found to have important egg moves. On a related note, be wary of your moves when Ditto-hunting:

>Wild Ditto appeared!
>Go! Ralts!
>Ditto's Imposter transformed it into Ralts!
>Wild Ralts used Teleport!
>Wild Ralts fled from the battle!

« Reply #1062 on: October 23, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »
So apparently according to Serebii, you can get Ditto in the Friend Safari.  Just the fact you can get them with two perfect IVs + Synchronized nature should make kick-starting a breeding chain a zillion times easier in general.

Also, I'm still hoping Dedenne can get a special Fairy-type egg move; his typing is pretty good, but Play Rough with a mere base 58 Attack hardly counts as an adequate coverage move.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:01:09 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1063 on: October 23, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »
I got my nearly-perfect Politoed. She could only be better if her Attack IV were 0 (minimize damage from confusion and Foul Play), or if this were gen 5 and Drizzle rain were still endless.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1064 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Weegee your friend safari is Ghost, with Pumpkaboo, Lampent and Spiritomb.

I should have expected you to have a class A friend zone like this!
It's YOUR problem!

Print