Print

Author Topic: Kirby 20th Anniversary  (Read 6872 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »

"We’re thrilled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kirby by releasing a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games this year!"

(x)

Sorry, Samus. Maybe you'll get something for your 30th. Like Donkey Kong did.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
It'll probably only include the NES and SNES releases, but hey.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:11 PM »
A Wii disc featuring Canvas Curse and Mass Attack? That's weird!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »
Then again, it's "a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games this year!" That slightly ambiguous wording could mean that it's only my favorites of the Kirby games that have come out this year. And the only Kirby game scheduled to come out in 2012 is... the collection disc itself.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:23:57 AM »
Lizard Dude you're a funny man

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
Canvas Curse with remote controls... If only...

I'd buy it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
It'd be awesome if it was the NES, SNES, and GameBoy releases.

They are all my favorites (not so much Kirby's Dream Land 3) and I haven't played any of them in a long time (most recently played Kirby game: Kirby's Epic Yarn).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
They ought to have at least some of the portable releases, considering that's where the series started (and therefore is what they're measuring the 20th anniversary of). And also because they could do Tilt 'n Tumble on the Wii remote if they tried.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:58:41 PM »
Seeing as I've only recently gotten into Kirby and don't own any of the series, this is pretty much a must-get for me regardless of what's on it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 11:07:57 PM »
This makes me think: How come Nintendo didn't do anything for Metroid's 20th Anniversary (or has it not come yet)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 11:31:58 PM »
August '86. So it would've had its 25th a little later than Zelda; along with Kid Icarus, which was intended to be kinda like Metroid's bizarro twin sister.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
This makes me think: How come Nintendo didn't do anything for Metroid's 20th Anniversary (or has it not come yet)?
Because even they want to just forget the series at this point, after Other M?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
Turtle, I love ya and Imma let you finish, but your angst over this one little scene in this one game in a series of great games is about to drive me up the wall.

That one little scene drives me crazy too, but you don't see me bringing it up every other post. You're becoming almost as bad as TvThemes used to be.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:36:02 PM by Toad »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »
He doesn't bring that scene up in every other post! It's not a four-second video of ponies!
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
It's not just that one scene, though. It's also that scene where Samus sees a Metroid and stares at it and then Adam shoots her and says "No! Don't shoot that Metroid, because shooting it with an ice beam might not work!" and then after she gets knocked out cold, her suit turns off (because her suit is powered by her emotions, which is a very practical system, because when she experiences any emotional shock, the entire system fails immediately (this is clearly what is depicted in every other game)), and she crumples defenseless to the floor, Adam shoots the Metroid with an ice beam and it works. And when she regains consciousness, he explains to her that these are special Metroids that are immune to the ice beam, even though that one wasn't I guess because it's a baby? but maybe probably all the other Metroids (which we haven't seen) can't be frozen, and that's why I had to shoot you Samus why do you do this look what you made me do Samus do you think I enjoy shooting you. Because the ice beam is now apparently absolutely the only possible way to kill a Metroid? And also because if that Metroid had turned out to actually even be one of the ones that the Ice Beam doesn't work on, then if Samus had tried shooting it, something bad might have happened? Even though she wasn't about to shoot it anyway, because she was so busy thinking about how she's a girl and stuff? I guess?

Or how when Samus is walking around in her suit during the game, she's like a foot taller than the other women in the game, but then at the end, when she's standing by a window and her love interest guy walks by, he's like two feet taller than her, because we can't have Samus being taller than her man now can we, so apparently Madeline Bergman is like one feet tall.

Or that plot twist about Madeline Bergman. They turned Mother Brain into an anime girl. There is no excuse for that.

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
True, but I don't want to talk about it everytime Metroid is brought up either.

Also

her love interest guy

I don't think MAnthony is her new love interest. They're just really good friends after the horrible game ordeal.

I thought Other M was ok. Some story scenes were just meh, but the gameplay is awesome

CrossEyed7

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
MAnthony
I don't know if this was intentional, but I like it. MANthony is the perfect name for him. Fits with the subtlety of the game.

But anyway, back on topic.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
That wasn't intentional. I have no idea how that happend.. M is across the keyboard from A.. One of my fingers must have gone rougue during the typing of that post..

Anyway, yeah.. Back on Kirby: did you draw that? It doesn't suck!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 05:41:31 AM »
No, that's from someone else on DeviantArt. Here's one I drew:

Print