Print

Author Topic: K'NEX unveils new Super Mario building sets  (Read 7134 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:52:22 PM »
K'NEX and Nintendo have already teamed up to bring us awesome Mario Kart Wii building sets, and today K'NEX announced that they are expanding their Super Mario product line to include figures and building sets inspired by New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario 3D Land, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Along with entire sets such as "Bowser’s Castle" and "Ghost House", they are also releasing individual "Mystery Bags" which hold either Mario, Fire Mario, Luigi, Ice Luigi, Blue Yoshi, Yellow Yoshi, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad or Princess Peach.

Check out the press release, which includes pictures of the toys and a short video!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:14:50 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
Not Lego, would not buy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
This is probably as close to Lego as you're going to get..

*insert close enough meme picture*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:16:54 AM »
Not Lego, would not buy.

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't license their franchises to LEGO. It has seemed like a no-brainer to me for over 20 years now...
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
My son is 12, autistic, and addicted to Mario. Those Mystery bags have caused many meltdowns at our local Target store when he ends up with another [darn] Blue Toad (we have 5 now) when all he wants is a Mario or a Luigi.
"I'm not Alex, I'm Weegi (Luigi)!"--my son when being told to remove his green hat at the dinner table.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
My son is 12, autistic, and addicted to Mario. Those Mystery bags have caused many meltdowns at our local Target store when he ends up with another [darn] Blue Toad (we have 5 now) when all he wants is a Mario or a Luigi.

Oh man, that is the worst! :( I have never been a fan of mystery bags. It's gotten to the point that I just slit them open to see inside because it drives me crazy.

On a side note, if you wanna get rid of a Blue Toad, lemme know.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 10:23:05 AM »
Oh man, that is the worst! :( I have never been a fan of mystery bags. It's gotten to the point that I just slit them open to see inside because it drives me crazy.

On a side note, if you wanna get rid of a Blue Toad, lemme know.

I'll let you know if I can find one. They're probably all down at the bottom of the Lego tub.

"I'm not Alex, I'm Weegi (Luigi)!"--my son when being told to remove his green hat at the dinner table.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

I'll let you know if I can find one. They're probably all down at the bottom of the Lego tub.

Haha, cool man no worries. This is why I've hidden away all my Mario items until my son is older. He must learn why we cannot take the Mario Action Figures from their boxes

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
Lego AND Mario? Your son has taste.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »
Lego AND Mario? Your son has taste.

That and being a single father means he plays with a lot of pass me downs. Fortunately the toys from my childhood are still relevant!

Print