Print

Author Topic: Wind Waker HD  (Read 5285 times)

« on: October 20, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
I noticed there was not yet a thread for this. I'm enjoying it so far, and I have to say that the Tingle Bottle is a surprisingly fun addition, and drawing things for the Miiverse is fun.

I do still miss the Tingle Tuner, though. Would've fit so nicely on a Wii U.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »
One of my housemates got it and I played it. I don't mind the Tingle Bottles, but I miss the Tingle Tuner; the exclusion of it is strange because the Tingle Chests are still in the game and have even had the graphics overhaul.

Overall, I love how much less time consuming some activities are. The Sail, Wind Waker, Bombs, and Grappling Hook are automatically equipped in the boat so you don't have to constantly switch between items as much. You can also switch items without pausing via the gamepad which is another plus for me. The game looks great, and Hero Mode ups the difficulty a bit.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »
Got a free digital download of this with my recently acquired Wii U and it looks gorgeous so far.  Just wish I had more time to play, especially in light of things like the interface improvements noted above.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 12:25:29 PM »
Is just like the Gamecube but well i must admit is good because the next generations will now about the greatest game of Zelda in Gamecube, well Zelda Twlight Princess was cool in Gamecube and Wii so..i hope it get a secuel on Wii U

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
Why remake the one that still looks good? I mean, I'm still gonna get Wind Waker HD, but wouldn't have made more sense to remake Twilight Princess instead? That game would have benefited a lot more from enhanced graphics.
Relics.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 03:31:02 PM »
Why remake them at all, but rather make a new game in a similar style?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »
Why remake them at all, but rather make a new game in a similar style?
I'd like to see the NES and SNES zelda Satellaview games that were essentially remakes.  A new version of Satellaview is possible today.  N already has challenges even if that aren't real time.  Regardless of our current time shifted society I think that Satellaview type gaming would work with proper incentives and locality adjustments.  Maybe make it a contest with Nintendo Club points, free VC games, etc. 

I don't think many people would be a Zelda 2 remake by itself, but with a Satellaview like mentioned above I think it'd be a huge release. 

I loved the user levels for MvsDK and WarioWare DIY even if the interface and connectivity was lacking.  Imagine a proper SMB title with user generated levels.  I'd buy SMB again (I think I'm on the 17 purchase now) if for only user generated levels. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:09 AM »
The Swift Sail is pretty much the best thing.

I'm also at least gonna make a stab at Nintendo Gallery completion, since alterations to Picto Box mechanics have made it feasible for people who like fun.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:33:04 AM »

Print