Print

Author Topic: SMB Racing  (Read 4937 times)

« on: December 01, 2002, 07:04:25 PM »
Here's something interesting to pass the time. See how fast you can beat Super Mario Bros. Start the timer when you first press a button (probably right) on 1-1. Stop time when you hit the axe (or kill Bowser, but it's slower that way) on 8-4.
My best time of about eight tries was 7'55".
I'm particularly interested in what kind of time the staff can get.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 07:59:09 PM »
we're allowed using warps right? If not, you are very good! Wait till I try! I'll do my best to beat your record!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 10:24:02 PM »
Holy cow. I can't even beat the dang thing.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 09:08:41 PM »
Yes, warps are allowed. I don't think Mario could even run straight through all the levels in 7'55" even without obstacles.
We 'could' start a no-warp league, but I kind of want to see some other times before that. Start basic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 10:31:24 PM »
I wish I could beat that. I can beat all of the "traditional" Mario games except SMB1, 2, and 3. (But I can beat SMA.)
Ah well, I'm workin' on Chrono Trigger right now....

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 05:43:55 PM »
Wait a minute...isn't there only like two more "traditional" Mario games besides 1-3?

1 and 3 seem rather easy to me, but 2 is pretty dang hard. I can see why it didn't make it to the US.

Anyone have a time yet? Deezer?

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 07:26:14 PM »
SMB2, nahhhh. It's not TOO hard. I even made it to the final flying Hawkmouth once without so much as getting HIT. And I made it to World 6 with my feet!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 11:22:00 PM »
Er, that is not SMB2. That is Doki Doki Panic, which IS easy.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 12:17:44 AM »
By traditional, I suppose I mean platforming.
So, besides 1-3 (and SMB2j), there's SMW and Yoshi's Island, SM64 and SMS... and I suppose that's all.
Then, the RPGs are rather platformingish... and I've only beaten them on emulators.

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2002, 09:22:38 PM »
No one has a time?

Dim timeFlag As Boolean
If timeFlag = True Then
  lstOutput.Clear()
  lstOutput.Items.Add("Then post it already!)
Else
  lstOutput.Clear()
  txtDeclare.Text = "I declare myself the SMB champion!!!"
End If

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2002, 09:36:59 PM »
6 minutes, 2 seconds is my all-time best. I did it without getting a power up (Wates time) or dying. The 3 seconds I needed to break 6, probably wasted on 8-4, with the last Hammer Brother. Grrrrr...

(In that run, I don't know HOW, but I blazed through 8-3 almost without stopping.)

Off, topic, but how's 5 and a half seconds for a lap in Frappe Snowland in MK64?

That's right, 5.50 seconds. 0.10 seconds off the official world record lap of 5.40 seconds. This isn't made up.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2002, 09:51:59 PM »
The secret in the -3 levels is you just gotta get your timing down.

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2002, 08:19:59 AM »
Wow, you guys are GOOD! I think the best time I had for Super Mario Bros. is about 8 minutes with all the warps... Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version) is HARD, I wonder why they eventually decided to release it with Super Mario All-Stars/Super Mario Bros. Deluxe?

It should have been released for the original NES; Nintendo could have made it a bit easier, but they just thought it was a waste of time, I guess...
---------------------------------------------
Nintendo is cool like ice cream! PS2 is cool like winter vacation!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2002, 02:46:26 PM »
After about 15 diferent attepts, I beat the game! Time was 7 min 17 sec. Man I have to get power ups cause I can't get throught 8-3 without a fire flower.

......LINE!......
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2002, 11:45:08 PM »
I'm just jealous.

What you own is your own kingdom, what you do is your own glory.
What you love is your own power, what you live is your own story...
That was a joke.

Print