Print

Author Topic: Crazy Newbies Must Stop  (Read 20117 times)

« on: July 03, 2003, 05:17:11 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. About ten newbies are now running all over the board creating pointless chaos and flame wars in each and every thread. One even called my signature annoying! I haven't seen it this bad since the Code Wars. And that, at least, had a point (all technological advances meet with some opposition).

SO! The moral of the story is...

Crazy Newbies Must Stop

Go talk about Mario or something like that.

I'm sure the Good Old MembersTM will agree.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 05:18:33 PM »
I agree.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »
--Changed original Content, as to be productive and not spam.--

I'm not exactly sure what to say. Some of the new members tend to make themselves well known. However, I'm not really in the place to look down on their actions.

However, it is undeniable that the board's state currently is in a depression. Whether it be clashing personalities, or immaturity of members and what not. I just think eveyone needs to cool down a bit, and possibly think about what they're actually posting. Quite often, that is the remedy to much of what others post.

So, yeah, in a round about way, I do generally agree with you, Lizard Dude.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/3/2003 4:57:32 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 05:55:24 PM »
lol, Black Mage.
Why do I sense the forums entering another Depression?

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 06:05:23 PM »
Either that or all the n00bs are actually ONE person.........
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 12:29:47 AM »
You notice how the n00bs® from a few days ago are seemingly gone and some more n00bs® are posting now...?

Am I one of the Good Old Membersâ„¢?
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 12:34:59 AM »
I guess that would make me a just a plain Good Member.

--------------------

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 02:45:09 AM »
I say we get Deezer off his duff and over here to actually moderate this thing.  It took us like a year to get him to add HTML.

Edited by - MamaMia Mario   on 7/6/2003 12:57:50 AM
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2003, 03:11:14 AM »
there is a second way, but hard ay to stop n00bs.
We need a phpBB, and the main users(sp?) must become mods there.

SummerTime - Time to conquer the beach with towels!
----------
Yay,Finally I''''''''m back... after 6 months Japan x-Trem

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 03:20:25 PM »
1. You spelled "users" correctly. Good job!

2. Remember, n00bZ are good, it's Crazy Newbies that are bad.

3. Due to the speed of the Information Age, even you are pretty much a Good Old MemberTM, Sapphira.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 05:55:02 PM »
How long must you be actively posting here to be a Good "Old" Member? 6 months? A year? What defines that? Either way, I've met both requirements(1 year, 5 months).
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2003, 07:28:39 PM »
Sweet. I've only been here 3 months (and 4 days), and already I'm a considered a Good Old Member(tm)!

--------------------

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2003, 07:39:26 PM »
Why are you superised? You're very old. Well... atleast older than me.

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2003, 08:35:54 PM »
I have about the average age here.
And GOM refers to how long you've been on the boards, NOT how OLD you are. :P

--------------------

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2003, 08:39:22 PM »
The board's current state is sort of...depressing. I've actually been here since day one (Ninth Registered member, if I remember correctly), although I admit that I have basically lived on the AWOL side for a good half of my 'staty'. I really don't have a clue which of these memebers are 'newbies' or not. I greatly dislike the term newbie...It just seems like such a harsh term, like it's descriminating against you for not being there before.

Anyway, there are some methods for getting rid of the 'crazy newbiness', for lack of a better word, that don't involve running to a moderater or the big man. One of the things that comes to mind is not to encourage or provoke them-even if they say or do something outrageous or moronic. You could probably even try to tell them very politely that their behavior isn't appropirate, or that they're being off topic, or that it's generally nice to use decent grammer and stuff. The not provoking the 'newbies' also helps, because if you're not 'rewarding them' with the attention they're seeking, they'll look else where for attention.

Although the crusade for higher standards is a noble one, I don't want to see innocent new comers  trampled. TMK Fungi Forums is a place for Mario fans to unite, and well, we could use all the mario fans we can get. It gives the boards blood, makes them live. With a big of help and being nudged in the right direction, I'm certain that they have a good chance of becoming a functional memeber of the Fungi Society. 'Course, there are always those that won't change...Not much you can do about them.

Sorry to ramble, I've picked up that habit lately.  
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print