Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 474683 times)

« Reply #675 on: August 21, 2006, 04:22:48 PM »
Bowser in Mario Sunshine apparently was on vacation with Bowser Jr. at Delfino. Mario came at the right time and the right place to stop Bowser Jr's mucking around.

I think the only real reason the door opened a thousand years later was because.... well, it's a nice round number and Beldam's plan to bring back the Shadow Queen was finalized then. With the help of the X-Nauts technology and Mario finding all the Crystal Stars for them, it was all in perfect place.

The Koopalings and Bowser Jr. where born around the same time ( withen a couple years ) but only the Koopalings had growth excelleration. Bowser probably wanted to have a real natural child, and thus, Bowser Jr. was growing up, and was old enough to do some action in Mario Sunshine.

Since there's over 10,000 known species of mushrooms there has to be at least a few thousand in the Mario universe.

There's nothing left in the Shadow Palace anymore really ( unless you include over a thousand years of black magic/pure hate/dark power/ and bad vibes stewing around ), so it could be reinhabited by the Rogueport folk. Since the Palace used to be 1/4 of the old city, the whole thing could be magically raised up again. Mabey.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #676 on: August 21, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »
Something just came into my head that would be a good question for the Mariology. How in the name of maple cream cookies did Toadsworth exist in the Mario universe if his first game he appeared in was Super Mario Sunshine!? His younger version also appeared in Partners in Time, but what happened to him during the Super Mario Bros. years (the first games Mario appeared in). It just doesn't make sense with Toadsworth added into the Mario universe a tad too late. (This question might have been done already, but I'm not really sure...)   
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #677 on: August 21, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »
Let's just say that he was there, but the player doesn't know that. Heck, the same could be said for a lot of things that were added in later games.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #678 on: August 21, 2006, 05:09:05 PM »
Well, some say that he was the Chancellor in SMRPG, but I think he can be explained around without too much trouble, since, as far as I know, Peach's castle wasn't deeply explored in peacetime before his introduction - the castle in SMRPG is a more ceremonial castle, and the one in SM64 is an art gallery.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #679 on: August 21, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »
Toadsworth was around, but just in trouble or away.  I'll only mention a few of the main games, to give a general idea.  In Super Mario Bros.,  he was turned to stone, like many of the other mushroom people.  SMB2 (USA), he wasn't invited to the dream.  SMB3, he was in the Princess' castle, which we never saw.  SMW, he didn't go on vacation.  Having the princess out of the castle was just as good as a vacation.  Super Mario 64 had him stuck in the walls, again, like the other Mushroom people.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #680 on: August 21, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »
There isn't much of a role for a butler in an adventure.

« Reply #681 on: August 21, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »
On the subject of Shadow Sirens: how come when Vivian joined your party, she didn't tell you about Beldam's plan to re-surrect the Shadow Queen? She could have at least given the party a heads up that she used to work for the Queen.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #682 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:06 PM »
I always thought Toadsworth was like a Mushroom Advisor and Princess Peach's caretaker.  I may have said this before, but Peach's relationship with Toadsworth isn't all that different from that of Zelda and Impa.

To answer your question, Toad, the purpose Vivian's zipped lips was part of the plot device.  Okay, maybe she was too young to remember anything about the Shadow Queen, and Beldam wouldn't say a thing about it to her younger sister because she's just that abusive.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #683 on: August 21, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »
On the subject of Shadow Sirens: how come when Vivian joined your party, she didn't tell you about Beldam's plan to re-surrect the Shadow Queen? She could have at least given the party a heads up that she used to work for the Queen.

I doubt her sister would tell her something like that anyway (Vivian had an inferior complex, and wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch). Beldam might of explained it to Vivian as a game of sorts (or she may not have explained it to her at all, for fear Vivian would have spilled the beans to the heros.)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #684 on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:58 PM »
I doubt her sister would tell her something like that anyway (Vivian had an inferior complex, and wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch). Beldam might of explained it to Vivian as a game of sorts (or she may not have explained it to her at all, for fear Vivian would have spilled the beans to the heros.)

Hmm.. I guess that makes sense. I'm going with the "she kept her lips sealed as a plot device" theory.

Here's another question now, along the same lines: why didn't the Shadow Queen recoginze that she was there? I thought that all 3 Sirens were at least 1,000 years old.

.. and here's a question not relating to Paper Mario: in the old SMB game (and now, the New SMB), why does the Mushroom Kingdom need that many castles (and/or fortresses)? The old game had a flagpole and castle for each level, and a big castle for the World you were in. The castles, I get, but the forts.. why did they need 24 fortresses? (and even more in New SMB, since the secret exits in that game have red flags)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #685 on: August 21, 2006, 09:13:56 PM »
Something just came into my head that would be a good question for the Mariology. How in the name of maple cream cookies did Toadsworth exist in the Mario universe if his first game he appeared in was Super Mario Sunshine!?
He was in another castle.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:16:07 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #686 on: August 21, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

Here's another question now, along the same lines: why didn't the Shadow Queen recoginze that she was there? I thought that all 3 Sirens were at least 1,000 years old.

Huh, that's a good question. Most likely, someone just forgot to put in text for the Shadow Queen, such as, "Why did you betray me?" But it also could have been that the Queen was all-knowing, and knew Vivian would betray her anyway, although the latter doesn't seem to likely.

.. and here's a question not relating to Paper Mario: in the old SMB game (and now, the New SMB), why does the Mushroom Kingdom need that many castles (and/or fortresses)? The old game had a flagpole and castle for each level, and a big castle for the World you were in. The castles, I get, but the forts.. why did they need 24 fortresses? (and even more in New SMB, since the secret exits in that game have red flags)
[/quote]

For larger forts; more weapons to protect the castle, bigger space and power. (Like a Rook in Chess) Bowser was obviously too powerful and over-took these fortresses. (That's just my guess.)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #687 on: August 21, 2006, 09:39:34 PM »
The old castles and mushroom houses where leftovers from an old war.

The more modern houses are built like regular ones since there hasn't been an all out war in a while.

« Reply #688 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:10 PM »
To answer about Vivian and the Shadow queen, perhaps the shadow queen was so ashamed of Vivian for her betrayal, that she shunned Vivian altogether by not talking about her?

And about all the castles around the mushroom kingdom, maybe this is where all of Bowser's troops stay when Mario hasn't entered the level? What I mean is before Mario enters a level, the castles are where the enemies found in the level, live. Every night, they would go to the castles to sleep, then in the morning, they would take their position in the level until night time. Then they would go to the castle for rest, and the night shift would begin their patrol.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #689 on: August 22, 2006, 05:50:33 AM »
I don't think that Vivian knowed even what were they doing.

Print