Print

Author Topic: Magic:TG  (Read 12123 times)

« on: March 07, 2001, 05:54:27 PM »
Anyone here play Magic:The Gathering?

"Thus Spake Lizard"

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »
7 YEAR BUMP!!!

i don't mind it. its actually a pretty good game.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »
Get out.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
sorry, i just couldn't help it. It was just staring at me, begging to be bumped. It deserved at least 1 reply...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:26:49 PM by chucknorris »
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
Well, you've been begging to be bumped out of here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
After seven and a half years, my third post gets a reply.

So, uh, anyone here play Magic:The Gathering? Besides buying (quite) a few packs of Unhinged, I haven't played since Mirrodin.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »
Thread-bumping is only as big a deal as the bump police decide to make it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 09:19:36 AM »
I've been playing MtG for over five years now. Unfortunately, I don't get to play it much anymore, because my brother seems to think collecting the cards and not playing the game is a good idea, and the guy I played with at school doesn't care much for the game lately (despite having paid like $120 for a box of 10,000 cards). Also, I haven't gotten any cards newer than the Time Spiral block, except for the ones that came in the free packs they gave to everyone in the goodie bags at Wizard World.

LD, Mirrodin block or the Mirrodin set itself?

WarpRattler's story about recent events regarding MtG:

While at Wizard World this summer, I spent a lot of time at the Wizards of the Coast booth. Most of that time was spent helping out with the MapleStory TCG demo (I really wish I had taken them up on their offer regarding potentially getting into GenCon as a volunteer to help at the WotC booth, but oh well), but I also did the D&D4E and D&D Miniatures demos...and lots of MtG demoing, since they were giving out Time Spiral tournament packs and loads of boosters. On Saturday, I left my box of decks (containing, among other things, the sliver deck I've been building for over three years) at the booth...fortunately, I was able to get it back the next day, but not before having made another sliver deck using cards from the tournament packs and boosters. Also on Saturday, I won a raffle at the WotC booth, which got me a neat MtG bag containing a life spinner (not the die kind, unfortunately - or maybe fortunately since I probably would've gotten it mixed up with real d20s when I was running D&D sessions later in the summer), a card box (some assembly required), nine boosters, a playmat with Serra Angel and Black Lotus images on it (which I gave to my girlfriend, who was hoping to win the raffle prize right before that - a signed Serra Angel print - because she wouldn't be forced to throw it away by her semi-ultra-Christian mom*), a pack of D&D Miniatures...and books 4-6 of The Legend of Drizzt (aka the first three books written in the series), which has turned out to be my favorite part of the prize by far.

*Weirdness about that: Her mom lets her read stuff like the LotR books, but when it comes to Magic and D&D, no, sir, she won't allow it. I've told Kalee that she should explain the proper logic regarding this to her mother, but I don't know if she's done so yet.

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
LD, Mirrodin block or the Mirrodin set itself?
Probably the set itself. I just looked down the list of set symbols and after    they turned from instantly recognizable to totally unfamiliar.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »
Thread-bumping is only as big a deal as the bump police decide to make it.
  • No bumping for the sake of bumping. Bumping is posting in an inactive thread for the sole purpose of moving it to the top of the list.
7 YEAR BUMP!!!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
I don't play M:TG because it's a game for small, weak nerd persons who wear glasses and don't get as many ladies as I do.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »
If it's a repeated "offense" then the bumper should be told to stop, sure. But I mean, Lizard Dude makes loads of threads like these. So what difference does it make to me whether it's a thread about this older game I've never heard of or an XBLA game I've never heard of? If nobody posted anything about how "this bump was so bad and evil," it would go mostly unnoticed. You'd check it, leave it, it'd fall off your recently unread list. Simple as that.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
"this older game?" You've never heard of Magic?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 04:51:13 PM »
Oh wait, this is about the trading card game. I've heard of that.
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
I got like 500 Magic the Gathering cards I collected because I liked the art. I don't know how to play at all.

Print