Print

Author Topic: Female game portayals  (Read 21645 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »
Although females in videogames have mostly gotten past the "damsel in distress" role, I still feel that the portrayal of women in games is superficial and in some cases offensive. Even in their roles as main characters, they're still always ridiculous stereotypes. Most people offer Lara Croft as an example of a good female role model in a game. I, however, think the contrary. Even after her recent redesign for Tomb Raider: Legend, she still retains the same stereotypical traits: absurdly small clothing that is impractical for her occupation (raiding tombs, I think) and a ridiculous breast size. It's even worse in RPGs: Every single female character that will join your party will always be a healer or magician, wear impractically skimpy clothing that barel even qualifies as clothing, and will, 99% of the time, have an attack where thay blow a kiss, visible as a giant pink heart. And in all other games where you can play as either a male or female, the female character will always have less health, but more ammo and an easier difficulty. And this phenomenon has been around before Resident Evil. I think the only actual positive female role model in any videogame is Samus Aran, with the possible exception of Jill Valentine. She doesn't go into hosile planets wearing tiny shorts and underwear (well, except in the original Metroid, with the Justin Bailey code), she goes with full armor, and has actual combat expertise. And even then, the power suit isn't a form-fitting leotard thing, it's an actual power suit designed to keep out the elements. I wish more games would feature female characters that aren't just sexist eye candy.
every

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »
Meryle in Metal Gear was pretty cool. In fact, all of the girls in that kick butt.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:51:29 PM »
Even EVA, although she dresses kinda sleazy. Ditto with Fortune and sniper wolf. Lea in Star Wars Battlefront is a pretty nice charachter, plus Nana from Ice climbers, and the white mage,(even though she is a mage, she can still use a hammer and she wears a robe) from Final Fantasy I are all good women in games. The female from Mercanaries, Playground of destruction is respectable, and you can't comment on Sheik, she isn't girly, although Zelda is.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
I wonder if the girls fashion in video games could be based off real life...

Go to a place with lots of people between 17 and 24 and you'll see what I mean.
Senior Mariology professor

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 04:32:51 PM »
you have a point.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
I don't like female roles in video games that are overtly un-feminine. In my view Samus falls into that category, but I don't find games like the Metroid series particularly obnoxious (there are far more feministic game series out there).

Worse than games in the above category, of course, are the "sex-object" portrayals of women in video games like Tomb Raider.

I wonder about anybody who finds the "damsel in distress" theme offensive. What on earth could you find wrong with it, besides the fact that it doesn't fit in with feministic views?

And regarding the first post: I nearly always discredit stuff I read if I see the word "sexist" used seriously. "Sexist" is almost only used by feministic-viewed people now, even if what it describes technically is sexist.

And anybody who calls ME a sexist dies. I'm a traditionalist, NOT a sexist. I respect women a lot, but also respect traditional sex roles.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:09 PM »
This is part of the reason why I hate Cream the Rabbit. Characters like Amy and Rouge can kick arse. Cream can't. Cheese shoulda been the playable character.

Sonic rants aside, I think Bow,Watt,Sushie,Goombella,Flurrie,Vivian and Ms.Mowz are good female role models.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 07:57:56 PM »
Flurrie?...
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:00:05 PM »
I think Glorb is pretty much wrong. I think smfan is pretty much wrong about the use of the word "sexist".
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
I think the reason people don't like the damsel in distress theme is because you see it all the time, but you never see a guy in distress.  At best you see a heroine rescuing a hero (a capable male character who just happens to be in trouble at one point in the game) or a young boy.  You never see a truely helpless adult male being saved by a female.  I can't think of a single example.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:56 PM »
Super Princess Peach, I think...

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 08:21:15 PM »
Well, Chupperson, I pretty much stopped listening to what you have to say about gender roles after your extremely casual dismissal of what I said here.

Hirocon: What cultural basis is there for a theme about a powerful woman saving a helpless man from danger? That sort of theme may be a feminist's utopia, but it sure as heck has no base in nature.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »
*imagines some sort of Doomsday scenario where smfan1085 has to live with the Amazons*

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »
Well I have a game called "No One Lives Forever", and it's about a lady who's a spy. She gets all the weapons that James Bond would get...handguns, machine guns, and even a harpoon gun when she goes underwater. I haven't beaten it yet but it's really fun.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »
It's not even certain that the Amazons actually existed. I certainly have my doubts.

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »
Ah yes, Cate Archer. Quite positive.

As for the Amazons, that's just what situation popped into my head while reading the thread.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »
Super Princess Peach is an example of a heroine rescuing a hero.  Mario may be in distress throughout the entire game, but he's been a hero so many times already that the game is understood to be a temporary role reversal.

Amazons aside, there is no real cultural basis for a woman saving a man, because that theme never appears in culture, e.g. in video games, movies, or an other sort of media.  But the theme of the man saving a woman does appear in culture, all the time.  That's my point.  I don't really have a problem with it.  It's fine for video games to reflect and perpetuate existing culture.  While video games can and do shape culture, I feel no pressing desire to see this particular aspect of culture to change.  But many do, and I wouldn't be offended in any way if the culture did change.  In today's world I don't think the man-saving-woman theme has any more of a natural basis than the missing woman-saving-man theme.  Neither do I think there is any natural basis for the theme of mushrooms which, when eaten, cause the consumer to double in size.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:44:41 PM by Hirocon »

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 09:16:47 AM »
It's even worse in RPGs: Every single female character that will join your party will always be a healer or magician, wear impractically skimpy clothing that barel even qualifies as clothing, and will, 99% of the time, have an attack where thay blow a kiss, visible as a giant pink heart.

Ever played Fire Emblem? I can name about five girls from the game that don't fit that stereotype.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »
Fire Emblems aren't really RPGs, but more Turn-Based Strategy. But your point in general is good.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 01:43:56 PM »
Okay, on non-sexist Team 1 there's Fire Emblem. On Team 1 there's most of the Dragon Quest (especially VIII) and Final Fantasy (especially X) games, along with almost every other non-FE game.
It doesn't matter really how "strong" the female characters are; as long as they're in absurd, impractically skimpy clothing, I still consider it fairly sexist. And I'm a guy. Not that I hate any of these games, or I'm a southern Quaker/born-again Christian, but come on! It's ridiculous.
every

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 11:42:24 PM »
It's a proven point that sex sells. Sad but true. I mean, as shallow and superficial as it sounds, people are going to want something that not only plays good, but also looks good too and what looks better than girls with exagerated features and skimpy clothing? I'm also betting it has something to do with real girls never looking like that unless they're going to a cosplay expo.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »
Well...true. Apparently, game execs think that, because some wierdo thinks that the only game-playing demographic is 18 - 30-year-old men, then all games should objectify females in some way. I mean, look at G4 - They used to be a channel anyone who plays games could watch, then once their CEO got fired and replaced with some random jerk, they got rid of most of their video game programming and replaced it with the leftover table scraps from Spike TV, which is to say it's all beer/cars/boobs now.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 01:00:28 PM »
...look at G4 - They used to be a channel anyone who plays games could watch, then once their CEO got fired and replaced with some random jerk, they got rid of most of their video game programming and replaced it with the leftover table scraps from Spike TV, which is to say it's all beer/cars/boobs now.
Thank You! I hate G4 now. They aren't a video game network anymore. They're Spike's neice.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 08:11:41 AM »
Actually, they're more like Spike TV's wierd, spazzy little brother who wants to grow up to be just like Spike TV.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 01:08:27 PM »
Yeah and the only vidoegame shows they still have suck. Cinematech is stupid, why watch, when you can play. Arena, same thing, why watch others play when you can? Electric Playground is G4's way to suck up to the creators of announced games thet end up bad. AOTS was good when it was TSS and had Kevin Rose and Sarah Lane, but now it is pure crap. Lastly, X-Play. Morgan Webb is not a gamer! Sessler is but Webb wouuldn't know a fire flower from a super mushroom without the true talent of the show, the writers. As for Triumph, Man Show, Fastlane, street fury, Star trek, happy tree friends, and brainiac, some may good, but they belong somewhere else. Now they're bringing back Filter and I know it won't be as great as it used to be.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »
call me a nerd but i have a huge crush on morgan webb. not because of here looks because of her tom boyish personality. too be honest if morgan webb wasnt a gamer i wouldnt think she was hot.

anyways samus is a strong female video game charcter. who says girls cant kick alien butt?

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 02:51:23 PM »
I guess Sypha Belnades is a strong female character. But then again, Everybody thought Sypha was a dude.
Aeris/th from FFVII is probably my favorite female portrayal in a videogame. No massive breasts or skimpy outfits (in fact, she wears a full length dress), she has an important role in the story that goes beyond being "the love interest", and her untimely demise was probably the most emotional moment in any videogame I've ever played.

I'm not dead certain that Morgan Webb is a gamer at all. Perhaps I'm just subconsciously unable to accept the existance of an attractive female gamer (after all, Sapphira is obviously a sophisticated computer program and holographic projection), but Morgan Webb seems...fake.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »
Should I make a list of all the female characters in video games that don't conform to this supposed pattern? I mean, off the top of my head, I can think of tons of just Final Fantasy characters that aren't healers with hearts and skimpy clothing. Seriously guys, play some games.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
...after all, Sapphira is obviously a sophisticated computer program and holographic projection...
Wha? The Sapphira here?
every

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »
Have any of you guys beaten a metroid game really fast before? Or seen the screenshots to the new smash bros game?

Personally I don't find a problem with a plot as simple as "gorilla captures girl, man who jumps must save girl" offensive. I mean, does anyone care about the plot in MB, or SMB, or pretty much any Super Mario game (with a few exceptions). Peach has done her fair share of keeping her pathetic little partners alive in SMRPG. But I would agree that a game like Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball does much work edgewise...
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
Well, Donkey Kong was, as you most likely know, an homage to/parody of King Kong. Besides, I never objected to that plot. I guess what I would consider a truw change is an actual female role model in a game. Most game developers throw in a token "tough" female character and say "Oh, she's, like, a mechanic. I mean, she still gets kidnapped and there's still numerous opprtunities to see her in lingerie, but she's still a role model."
It's just like how they might make a GTA ripoff and add bullet time to make it "unique". It's really the same thing.
every

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »
I still don't think there really is a problem until the female gamers of the world rise up and attack some studio just to get thier point across.

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 10:15:26 AM »
I think solids right about G4. I mean I like to watch X-Play occasionally and of course E3. But the comercials are outragious.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »
I stopped watching G4 after The Man Show was added to the schedule.

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
(deleted)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:24:19 AM by DekuSamurai »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 11:50:39 PM »
>That pink-haired girl, from FF6 (or was it FF4?, SNES & PS1).   I haven't played it in several years, so I don't actually remember her name (or which game it was)... but I remember her being able to fight well, she was a pirate, and at first everyone thought she was a male, even.
Faris from FFV. Along with Galuf and Gilgamesh, one of the best characters in any Final Fantasy game.

>Terra, from FF3/FF5 (SNES & PS1).  She was a magician, but she did lead the party and seemed independent enough.
Terra's from FF3 (US) / FFVI. Though, she's not really just a magician, as she's one of the few female protagonists to use a sword.

That said, there are many games that use sex appeal to sell, and there are many that don't. I feel that perhaps we'll see a shift in some genres to be more accepting to the female audience, as it seems that they as well as other "non-gamers" are being focused on by particular companies. I don't think we'll see an end to games like Dead or Alive, however. Not that I feel it's particularly a bad thing.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
Well, let's see... I'll point out the Gerudo. In OoT, they were fierce warriors, but thieves... In MM, the pirates of Termina (the alternate universe replicas of Hyrule's Gerudo) were all still female, yet still warriors and thieves. One of the Zoras commented that he was near their fortress because they were all beautiful, and the fisherman ONLY trades the seahorse if you bring him a photo of a pirate. Oh well, I didn't think much of it until I got to this topic.
Anyone else notice that 4/6 sages in OoT were female? Impa is an exception, I suppose... All who thought she was a man at first glance post "aye." Sorry 'bout spoilers.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 09:10:43 AM »
>Any female Paper Mario partners.

I don't know about that. Other than the sex appeal part, they fit into a few stereotypes. Vivian summoned fire, sort of like a mage, Goombella's heal attack was in the form of a heart, and  Bombette was pink. Then again, I'm stretching it a bit so you might be right.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »
But Vivian's a guy.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 01:57:57 PM »
(deleted)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:23:09 AM by DekuSamurai »

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 11:55:21 PM »
But Vivian's a guy.

LIEZ!

At least in the U.S.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »
Sorry man, Vivian is NO guy. Only in Japan... I wonder what the Japanese really think about this. Yes, I know their standards are far different from ours, but how far?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »
I remember hearing that there are a few bits of text in the japanese version that refer to Vivian as a 'she' and that Goombrella was that only one who ever actually stated that she was really male. So maybe Vivian has no gender. Like Yoshi.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 11:15:59 PM »
Vivian is a guy whether you like it or not. USA localized versions of games are the messed up ones, not the Japanese versions.
P.S. Mr. Wiggles and DekuSamurai, do you consider all the Bob-Omb Buddies in SM64 to be female?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »
I know what you mean Chupperson. It's because of that that things like the Zelda timeline are hard to figure out(just using it as an example) in which the Seven Wise Men are actually supposed to be called Sages. Then you have games like Earthbound, which has a crapload of changes both understandable and downright confusing.

Odd Fact: Some of the things that were changed from Mother 2 to Earthbound were not retained in the Earthbound references in SSBM. (Such as The Runaway Five's coloring and the Drug Store sign).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2006, 03:44:36 PM »
I've always wondered...do Yoshis have genders? I mean, for much of my early childhood I assumed Yoshi (the character) was male, but then again I "assumed" Link's name was Zelda, Megaman was a girl (?!) and Samus was a guy.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »
I had this thoery that all Yoshis could lay eggs, but only the female ones could give birth. Part of my theory was that the female Yoshis hadn't appeared in the games yet. I also saw another theory that the male Yoshi's 'eggs' were really turds covered in a calcium-based shell.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »
No no no. The eggs the males lay just won't hatch into other Yoshis, only females will lay them for reproduction. This belongs in Mariology...
Everyone thinks that Link is Zelda at first glance of the game. Why didn't Miyamoto name it "The Legend of Link"? Think of it, the series would be abbreviated "LoL." that would be AWESOME.
Glorb, didn't the name MegaMan give a teeny hint of his gender?
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »
According to the Japanese SSBM trophy, Yoshis are neither male nor female, regardless what someone in the Mariology thread thinks.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 11:15:41 PM »
Well, then how did the Yoshi on the Excess Express in PMTTYD have a wife?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 08:28:17 AM »
According to the Japanese SSBM trophy, Yoshis are neither male nor female, regardless what someone in the Mariology thread thinks.

This is from the same game that got Meta Knight's first appearance wrong and don't know the relationship between Wario and Waluigi
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »
...and said that Daisy was in Mario Golf as well as saying that the Great Fox first appeared in Star Fox on the SNES when it didn't appear until SF64.

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
I heard earlier say what partners were female in PM:TTYD. Um...isn't Flurrie a girl? I think so.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
Vivian is the one who's supposed to be a guy.

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2006, 10:31:18 PM »
But, thankfully, she was proven a girl in the American version of the game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 12:47:51 AM »
You guys are all 100% wrong in taking the American versions of games as the "right" versions.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 02:11:52 AM »
This theory is the best I've heard: Mario is telling the whole story to Luigi, right? Maybe he heard Beldam's insult of "man" to Vivian and assumed she was male. Or maybe he made the detail up to make Vivian's low self esteem seem lower. I don't know. I know I'm supposed to believe that the Japanese versions are always right, but...
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2006, 08:46:47 AM »
This is getting complex.
every

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2006, 11:20:43 AM »
You know, it doesn't really matter.  The game is what you make of it.
If you think for sure that Vivian is undoubtedly a girl, then yes, you can think that.  If you think Vivian's a guy, yes, you can think that too.  It's not a huge issue, here. 

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »
I say listen to Chupperson. If you want the actual 'canon' take what's in the games. If you like making up fan-intepretations, that's fine, just don't go telling people that your theories are fact, because they aren't. I hate it when Mariologists say that some things aren't 'canon' just because they can't work it out. I take whatever I see in the games as fact(especially the Japan version) and sometimes I devise my own theories but they don't involve taking out anything that's already there.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »
Then, according to my calculations, Yoshis are part of a secret eighth gender known as the "Garshpligarshplarch!!!!!!11" which was discovered in 1981 in Denver by Tom Garshpligarshplarch.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
Eighth?!?! O_o
WTD are the other 5 I have't heard about?!? Actually, don't tell me, please. Tossing my cookies all week doesn't sound like a good way to spend a summer.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 08:31:21 AM »
I think they're Fire, Water, Wood, Metal and Earth. Am I correct Glorb?

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2006, 10:46:08 PM »
Back on topic:
Indeed the females of gaming are typically the kinds of girls that you see in 15-minute hotels, but you'll see that alot of girls in real life do act and look like this.  I literally hear at least one sex story a day on the HS school bus and it's almost always the girl telling it. 
I'm quite frankly tired of women who take offense to things like this.  How does a females appearance in a game truly affect the gender as a whole?  Those that see these icons of the virtual battle of the sexes are either smart enough to know that women aren't like that in real life, or at the point where women won't talk to them.  Most game developers have reasons for their female heroines being the way they are.  Take the developer of Rumble Roses, I read in a copy of EGM that he actually made the game because girls were mean to him in school.  Honestly, you are unaffected by these women and it's your choice to play them or not.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 02:46:26 PM »
I think the whole reason that women are a lot like tha in real life now is because of the media, if only subconciously, pressuring them into doing so. I'm not saying women shouldn't be independent, but by being that way they are basically giving developers a get-out-of-jail-free card, so they can say "the females in are game are like that because they're like that in real life". The women have every right to do so, but by doing so are just allowing themselves to be degraded. I don't think that we should go back into the dark ages when women had no rights, but they're mostly doing a lot of it.
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2006, 02:35:07 PM »
duuuude those girls r hawttttt!!@

that is the mentality of many hormone-driven boys struggling through puberty. technically it's not pornography, so there you have it.

(although, I must admit, Vivian is simply adorable!)
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2006, 09:36:15 AM »
Well, er...hmm. You summed that up in two sentences. Wow.
every

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:00 AM »
Well, Donkey Kong was, as you most likely know, an homage to/parody of King Kong. Besides, I never objected to that plot. I guess what I would consider a truw change is an actual female role model in a game. Most game developers throw in a token "tough" female character and say "Oh, she's, like, a mechanic. I mean, she still gets kidnapped and there's still numerous opprtunities to see her in lingerie, but she's still a role model."
It's just like how they might make a GTA ripoff and add bullet time to make it "unique". It's really the same thing.
Ohh female role model in a game the total game atmosphere is changed.The character of the women is like GTA bullet.....

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 07:48:13 AM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:49:48 PM by I am hello »
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »

Is this a comment on the portrayal of females in games or did you forget to include the image's URL? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 11:07:22 AM »
It is supposed to be a picture of a sign with "BUMP" on it. So, yes to not putting URL.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
All you have is:

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
You should have something like: 

Code: [Select]
[img]http://images.roadtrafficsigns.com/img/lg/X/Bump-Sign-X-W8-1.gif[/img]
Resulting in: 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print