Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 29703 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
That game is awesome! Oh and AB, I might have not been rare while it was just realeased, but it is now.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »
If you look at the patent for the Virtual Console, one of the drawings specifically mentions Mario RPG. That's pretty encouraging, especially with Nintendo and Square getting back together again. It's also been rumored for a while now that you'll be able to download VC games to a DS. Ideally, there'd be some way to save it onto a blank cartridge or something, but I doubt it. Still, there's a pretty good chance you'll be able to play SMRPG on a DS before too long, and I've seen SNESs on eBay for more than the $330 for a Wii and DS.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »
Oh yeah! I forgot about the virtual console! Bet Nintendo will put it up to download.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2006, 05:23:23 AM »
Only problem is that Square owns the rights to all the non-Mario characters in that game. But that's the problem with any possible remake of SMRPG.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
If a character made their debut appearance on a Mario game, they are likely a Mario character.  Even if a third party owns the rights to that character, that character is still a Mario character.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »
I think they ought to make it for the GBA, because then it would be playable on both the GBA and the DS.  Plus I don't have a DS.  By "remake" I mean "exactly the same as the original but played on the newer system".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2006, 08:29:31 PM »
You mean 'port' right?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »
There are no non-Mario characters in SMRPG besides Link and Samus. That said, Square still owns partial rights to all SMRPG-exclusive characters.
Super Mario 64 is not rare. It's a bit uncommon, but not rare. SMRPG I would go ahead and put in the "rare" category, although it's still not incredibly hard to find.
If you buy a SNES for $300 I feel sorry for you.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2006, 11:10:24 PM »
Wha???? Samus and Link are in the game??? Oh yay, a huge serving of spoilers for me!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »
Why wouldn't Square let Nintendo do this? They'd get credit, probably even money... and they wouldn't even have to do anything! Making money off of something you did and made money for ten years ago sounds like a good deal to me.

Link, Samus, F-Zero and Star Fox all make cameo appearances. Link's is pretty awesome. Samus makes two cameos, actually. If yu don't like spoilers, PLAY THE GAME!!! You'll kick yourself for not doing it before!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2006, 11:42:37 PM »
Oh yeah, I read about Link sleeping in one of the bed's in a Town of Rose.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »
Characters like Geno may be owned by Square, but they're still Mario characters.  Oh, and I've heard rumors that Nintendo might buy the rights for the SMRPG characters from Square.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 09:32:09 PM »
It should be for the DS. It could be a tiny bundle

Super Mario RPG Bundle Pack! 2 Games in one!

Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario.

Do you like the idea?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »
That would all fit in a DS card-tridge? SMRPG's was 32 megabits. Paper Mario's, 320.  and the DS card can hold 1024. Wow...! More than I expected... Heck, I'd buy it.
Anyhow, people who own an M3 for the DS can already play SMRPG with portability. It's the newest version of the GBAMP I ordered in the mail... now I see why Chupperson tried to make me not buy it, I should've gotten M3 instead. But that's okay, I'll buy it in two years or so.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
SMRPG Remake?

[Oh] yes!

Count me in!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:50:11 AM by Sapphira »
Matthew Coburn
Webmaster of The Secret Society of Gamers

Print