Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1703277 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7395 on: May 23, 2011, 12:43:17 AM »
We had an electrical storm take out our modem and the network card on at least one of our computers. It's going to be a couple weeks (and $120 for a new modem) before I'm online again (I'm posting this from my phone) and I have to find another network card on top of that if I want to be able to use my desktop. 

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7396 on: May 25, 2011, 03:22:03 AM »
RRoD is caused by having the console run for too long, correct? I never got my very own red ring, but I made my Wii die that way at least twice before figuring out that leaving it on while away for the weekend probably wasn't a good idea

Yes it was, actually. What's crazy is I've had my Wii on for... seriously months. Only thing that turns it off is when the power goes out which has occurred twice, and I turned it off when I was playing my 360 exclusively for a while (which I've stopped letting run because it heats up my room).

Also, Camping says it happens 6 PM local time everywhere, so even if he's right, Americans will have plenty of warning as reports come in from Australia.

However, if Camping is right about everything, then it's impossible to be saved after 1988 anyway, so it's kinda pointless.

Howeverever, if Camping were right about everything, the world would have ended multiple times already.

So no.

Speaking of him, I read an article somewhere where instead of saying he was wrong, he says he was simply wrong about the date out of nowhere and the rapture is supposed to occur on October 21.

Someone told me a Bible verse the other day:

Matthews 24:36 - But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Camping... glossed over that, I guess?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:24:21 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7397 on: May 25, 2011, 04:41:56 AM »
The original thing was that after May 21st, it would be living hell and chaos on earth for everyone who didn't get beamed up into heaven. God would then get tired of torturing his toys on October 21st and destroy the planet, and everyone who died would not go to hell, but completely cease to exist.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7398 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
Let me make this as clear as a I can: He's either an insensitive liar or an arrogant idiot.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #7399 on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
I got a detention for doing something that I do everyday at barely counts as something bad if you want to consider it bad (Nowhere NEAR bad enough to warrant a detention, in my opinion.)
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #7400 on: May 25, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
lol, masturbating at school
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7401 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
I'm gonna laugh if that's what he did.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7402 on: May 25, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »
My 360 RROD

Unlike seemingly every other 360 in the world, all I had to do was turn it off and turn it right back on, aaaaaand it's perfectly fine.

dude this completely just happened to me today as I was about to start playing L.A. Noire
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7403 on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »
I've seen that before.

It'll go on like that for a while, hinting toward death, clinging to life... disc read error here, frozen screen there...

Then, one day, it'll be gone. Gone forever. Those three ominous blinking lights the only thing left in the soulless brick by your TV.

The music from Aegis Wing turns my stomach, sends my body into a Pavlovian state of fear for the worst...

all those frozen screens...

« Reply #7404 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:37 PM »
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light is breakin' my ever-lovin' balls, man. I restarted its single save file in hopes of attaining the perfect file that eluded me last time around. Of the game's seven ultimate acievements (Get 9,999,999 Gil, complete the bonus dungeons, fully upgrade every job on every character, upgrade one piece of equipment to the maximum of +99, talk to every animal in the world, obtain at least one of every item and open every single treasure chest), I had completed all but the last two. However, according to the strategy guide and every online resource imaginable, my file was absolutely complete. Cross-referencing my item stock with an online listing of their hex locations proved I had at least one of every object in the game's programming, and I used an Action Replay code to walk through mother****ing walls to scour every dungeon for hidden vaults. Now, over thirty hours into my current run through the game, it looks as though I've once again hit a dead end. The fact that nobody on the searchable internet has announced their completion of The 4 Heroes of Light makes me wonder if those last two achievements are even possible to finish.

I'm not making a seperate thread for this because nobody else has this game.

« Reply #7405 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
I'm coding a Java program for my course and half of the methods have arbritarily stopped working. I'm getting strange errors and characters not showing up anywhere. It's due tomorrow and I only had a couple more things to do, HA, how wrong was I. I'm ****ing ready to hit someone at the moment.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7406 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31:16 AM »
dude this completely just happened to me today as I was about to start playing L.A. Noire

lol

Also, coolkid maybe was chewing gum.

My school temporarily (and retardedly) banned chewing gum from classrooms. Once it was revoked, only the ban applying to the computer labs remained.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7407 on: May 26, 2011, 02:13:40 AM »
I love how in college they permit you to chew gum whenever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7408 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
Okay, so we got our replacement modem way earlier than expected (read: yesterday), and I found another network card that works...but the weather has been terrible and is preventing us from registering the modem.

God[darn]ed satellite Internet.

« Reply #7409 on: May 26, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »
God[darn]ed satellite Internet.

Tell me about it. The slightest spot of overcast weather means a [dukar]ty connection for the rest of the day, it seems.

Print