Print

Author Topic: Mega Man 9  (Read 26605 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:36 AM »
That link just goes to a deleted blog post or w/e. But I really want one.
Ditto used Machop!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »
Best box art ever. It really takes me back to the days when a game's box art had absolutely nothing to do with the game it contained. Wow, Capcom really went all out on this one.

I still have to wonder, why is the game on Xbox 360 and PS3? It's essentially a new NES game (with non of those fancy HD super-realistic graphics you PS3 and Xbox gamers love so much), so it should be exclusive to the Wii.

And yes, they should do more "classic-style" games. Sonic 4, Super Mario Bros. 5, Metroid, anything!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »
I still have to wonder, why is the game on Xbox 360 and PS3? It's essentially a new NES game (with non of those fancy HD super-realistic graphics you PS3 and Xbox gamers love so much), so it should be exclusive to the Wii.

I want to throw you into a deep, dark hole that you can never escape from.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »
I want to throw you into a deep, dark hole from which you can never escape.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »
The game was originally developed solely with WiiWare in mind, but they threw it up on Ecksbocks Live as an afterthought. General consensus is that the WiiWare version is better.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 04:15:12 PM »
Better...how? As in, Wii does simple graphics better, or what?
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
Well, there's that, but a sideways Wiimote also imitates an NES controller better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2008, 06:12:22 PM »
Graphics, graphics, graphics. Why is the argument always about graphics? Sheesh. And this game was practically made just to destroy those arguments. I must agree about the controller, though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17:15 PM »
Holy. Snap. I thought MM was trapped in the hole I dug. Ah well. Nice to meet ya.

Anyways, I'm best with Wiimote on NES games.

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »
WiiWare Mega Man 9: 480p

360/PS3 Mega Man 9: 1080p

It's not better on Wii. It's blurrier on Wii.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 06:38:54 AM »
High resolution doesn't work for NES games anyway, plus I don't see how that automatically makes a game "better".

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »
Unfortunately my TV does not have HDMI input and can only display 1080i.  If it could display full 1080p HD I'd consider the PS3 version, but as is MM9 has black bars on each side when playing on my PS3.  I could probably set the PS3 to show MM9 full screen, but that would be a hassle since the PS3 doesn't remember settings for each game.  My Wii at 480p displays full screen.  While this is a lower resolution than the PS3 version I'd rather play full screen with an NES styled Wiimote.  The PS3 controller isn't necessarily bad; I'm just trained to roll my thumb on side-by-side buttons from the NES Mega Man days. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 09:35:40 PM »
I used to be a brainwashed idiot who hated good graphics too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »
So, a good game with good graphics on PS3 or 360 is bad, but the same game with worse graphics on Wii is good?

I gotta clean off the wall behind my head, 'cause that just blew my mind.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
It's pretty much irrelevant with MM9 unless you want your pixels to have slightly sharper edges (and be made of more pixels). As it is, it looks the same as an NES game on my Wii, and I believe that was the intended effect.
That was a joke.

Print