Print

Author Topic: E3 Disscussion  (Read 25088 times)

« on: July 13, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
Twas the night before E3 and all through gamers heads,
no sadness could be found, nor feelings of dread

Fanboys unite and sit flat on their tushies
to hear the news that makes them feel all mushy

"What new games will I see?" we all sit and wonder
like some infectious disease we've all come under

There will be laughs and tears, blood and gore
coming from the all new Gears of War

It's that time again, can you believe it?
E3 is here again, take it or leave it.

I decided to create a topic for to discuss what you'd like to see at E3, what titles are revealed at E3 and what ever else you could think of.

E3 may have been reduced in size, but it's still when developers usually choose to make big announcements and it's exciting to see new additions to games in development. I'm hoping to hear about a new Zelda, Pikmin, Star Fox, F-Zero and Kid Icarus for Wii. I also have a small hope in my heart for a new Viewtiful Joe. That would be swell.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:06:44 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:18:57 PM »
My top two realistic wants are Wi-Fi-enabled Wii F-Zero with a more in-depth garage mode than GX's (I wanna name my custom machine, especially since the announcer would just say "Original Machine" anyway), and the official announcement of Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes for the DS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
Is the title a pun? Nah, just kidding.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nintendo conference... but no game in particular.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »
Noy Duh

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »
I want to see MGS DS, Maniac Mansion 3, and a new Commander Keen.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
Scratch that, I want to see what the Chrono Trigger DS interface will look like.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »
I'm hoping to see a decent online game made by Nintendo. oh wait, you were serious, weren't you.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »
the official announcement of Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes for the DS.
This and
a new Zelda, Pikmin,
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »
Chrono Trigger DS is going to be basically Chrono Trigger SNES. We know this already.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »
And he wants to know what the interface will look like.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:24 AM »
Let's see...

Braid and Mirror's Edge have my anticipation palate fairly sated. Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 have already been announced, so that's pretty cool. Most things about GHWT and RB2 have been revealed already. I don't see anything Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Pokémon, etc. getting me very excited because they never change that much. A Wii/DS Four Swords or a 2D Metroid would excite me, though.

So how about Space Channel 5 Part 3. Preferably for Wii but I'll take any system.

(Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. :()

P.S. Anybody want to lay bets on Mario Party 9?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:15:56 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 02:19:43 AM »
I'm hoping to see a decent online game made by Nintendo. oh wait, you were serious, weren't you.
It's called Metroid Prime Hunters, by the way, but Nintendo needs some serious anti-cheating measures before any of their online stuff is really worth it (besides with trustworthy friends, that is).

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:21 AM »
I would like to hear more about the new Kirby game announced at E3 2005. I hope it's a lot like the highly underrated but extremely fun Kirby Superstar, only with...you know, awesome graphics and stuff.

EDIT: I just remembered the Kirby title announced at E3 2005. I sorta forgot about it, but whatever. I hope it's a highlight title at Nintendo's booth.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:27:06 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 02:22:06 AM »
Kirby Super Star Ultra recently got announced for DS. I'm not sure if it's a remake or a totally new thing, though.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »
That would be sweet. Kirby Superstar was one of my favorite games for the SNES. Hopefully Kirby Super Star Ultra will be a lot like it (quite a few recent titles have been disappointing with the exception of Kirby: Canvas Curse).

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
Wasn't Super Star On Gameboy, too? Anyway, were doing E3 stuff here still, right? Because I recorded the Microsoft (wanna see whats new, might just skip it), Sony and Nintendo conferences (Good thing they invented the FF button, right?) And a couple of coverage episodes of E3 '08 Live on G4.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »
Braid and Mirror's Edge have my anticipation palate fairly sated.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game. It would be sweet if they ported it to the Wii.

P.S. Anybody want to lay bets on Mario Party 9?

*shiver*

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
Kirby Super Star was not on Game Boy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
I hope it's a lot like the highly underrated but extremely fun Kirby Superstar, only with...you know, awesome graphics and stuff.
Then they would better not use the Nightmare in Dreamland graphics again.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
Yeah, Kirby Super Star Deluxe or whatever the new one on DS is called... it's already been confirmed as a pretty bland remake. When I say that I mean that it's a port with just newer graphics. HOWEVER, I am very pleased that they're adding in multiplayer finally after having to suffer through mini-games in Squeak Squad. If they can replicate the multiplayer from the SNES version, I'd probably get it, just because I can't get enough Kirby multiplayer.
On a side note, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is incredibly underrated and is one of the best GBA games ever made.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
On a side note, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is incredibly underrated and is one of the best GBA games ever made.
I have to agree completely. I just wish other people actually had the game so I could check out the "adventure mode" multiplayer. That sounded kick-butt when I read about it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
Cool I just caught the last half hour of the Nintendo one
I couldnt see the background very well so if theres anybody who saw the whole thing add on
Animal Crossing: City Folk ( Includes Mic called Wii Speak)
Grand Theift Auto ChinaTown Wars
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Music
Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
And a bunch of other cool games
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:27:24 AM by Negative_Zero »
Noy Duh

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

It's awesome. A lot of backtracking is involved to keep the player interested for a long time. Heck, it's probably the closest thing to Kirby: Great Cave Offensive.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »
Well, Nintendo's presentation blew. Do they seriously believe they are appealing to the core gamer by showcasing Wii Whatever?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »
They aren't, but the downmarket is gonna flock to it. I applaud them for being so crafty while singlehandedly ****ing off so many people.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
Well, I just finished watching a live feed, and I must say, I'm mixed.

Pros:
- Wii motion plus
- Wii Sports Resort looked fun
- Wii Speak to solve voice chat woes
- Animal Crossing: City Folk to bring a fresh outlook on the series
- Good third party support (GTA for the DS? Wow)
- No Mario Party 9 (yet)

Cons:
- No Nintendo franchise titles for the hardcore player.

Seriously, there was nothing to satisfy the die-hard Nintendo freak within me. Kirby would've at least brought a smile to my face, but no, not even him. Hope something is announced later like Brawl was at E3 '06

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Yeah, Kirby Super Star Deluxe or whatever the new one on DS is called... it's already been confirmed as a pretty bland remake.
Two brand-new full game modes and you're calling it a "pretty bland remake"?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
- Good third party support (GTA for the DS? Wow)

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »
What brand new game modes are there? I didn't hear of this... Cubed3 reported that it was a remake with newer graphics.

And yeah, I can honestly say, Nintendo's kinda... I think I'm almost done with Wii. I like Animal Crossing as much as the next guy, but come on. They basically announced three big first-party games, two of which are "Wii ______". Now I'll admit Wii Music looks kind of neat, I've been wanting to see a full fledged game of it for some time now. Unfortunately, that was three years ago before Rock Band came out. Now Wii Music just sorta looks like... 'woo, shake the wii remote in rhythm with the music.'
And yeah. I absolutely hated Wii Sports, so a Wii Sports sequel (even with 1:1)  doesn't really give me much faith in Nintendo. Seriously! Did they announce ANY first party DS games? Sheesh, it's times like this I'm glad I finally decided to get a 360.
= = = = = = =

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »
I'm hoping 358/2 Days comes out quickly... but if I remember right, it hasn't even been mentioned at E3 yet...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
Kind of disappointing this year. No Kirby, Star Fox or F-Zero title. All we get is Animal Crossing (this is a plus) and a Wii Sports remake, which sucked to begin with. Oh well, at least Wario Land looks good.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Oh, come on!  Where's Pikmin 3?

My thoughts on the mic: Why didn't they just put a mic into the remote in the first place?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
Oh, come on!  Where's Pikmin 3?

My thoughts on the mic: Why didn't they just put a mic into the remote in the first place?

Probably would have driven the price through the roof.

Plus, this allows everyone in the room to talk into the microphone.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Probably would have driven the price through the roof.
Oh, please.  Microphones are cheap, the DS has a microphone, and Nintendo makes money off of all of their hardware.
Rhythm Heaven.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:48:56 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »
Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/890/890279p1.html

:D
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:32 AM »
Did he really say "Leave it to me" when they asked him to make a Galaxy sequel?!

Though with the team that worked on New Super Mario Bros., it doesn't mean they're making a new one. For example, the team that made Jungle Beat's next game wasn't a sequel, but they made Galaxy next.

And Forest Guy, I read on Wikipedia that the new modes are games that have you play as Meta Knight in one, and King Dedede in the other.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:16:53 AM by jmdblazer »
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »
Hahaha, Wikipedia.

And Linkin, that article proves nothing. Anyone over the age of 9 knows that Nintendo always throws in little cryptic suggestions like that even if nothing is really going on.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 07:45:04 AM »
Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/890/890279p1.html
Its probably fake since Galaxy just came out less than a year ago
Noy Duh

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
Meh.  They'll probably keep delaying the release until the appropriate time for a sequel to come out.

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
Rhythm Heaven.

Yeah, I just found out about it today. Looks fun, but I question if it's as grand as something like Star Fox or Zelda. Well, at least they're trying something new.

Also, I'm not so sure about a direct sequel to Galaxy. SMG was great, but making a direct sequel would soil the originality a bit. They should put it in a new setting.

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »
Well, all I know is that the Super Mario Galaxy Wikipedia article has links to info from Famitsu and Gamespot that really seems to confirm that Miyamato at least wants to make a sequel. Since it's not just info without sources, I'm willing to believe that we may see a sequel within the next two years. :)

Seriously though, I'm really disapointed with how Nintendo seems to be neglecting a lot of its core series in favor of gimmick titles like Wii fit, Wii Music, and others - not to mention allowing the Wii to be a haven for piles of shovelware. I mean, look at how the core series are standing:

Mario - Galaxy, and a sequel, along with all the necessary spin-off titles. No suprise here, but it's still good.
Donkey Kong - The abomination known as Barrel Blast doesn't count, and the rumored 3-D Donkey Kong platformer hasn't been mentioned since the Wii was first revealed. Come on, we need more respect for the Kongs than this!
Wario - WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Wario Land Shake. The latter was a welcome supprise, and I have high hopes that if this does well, we will see more of classic Wario (who I prefer to new wario).
Legend of Zelda - Yes, we get an awesome zelda game. But we only get one - and basically every nintendo system to date has had at least two big Zelda games. Seriously Nintendo, we need something better than Link's Crossbow Training!
Metroid - One awesome game, and nothing else. Yes, Metroid rarely ever has more than one or two games on each console, but the Prime series was so good that I'd love to see more 3-D metroid. Even a 2-D title with 3-D graphics would be cool.
Pokemon - Just Battle Revolution, which was extremely average, even for Pokemon. I want to see more than that and a silly Wii Ware game, Nintendo!
Starfox - Nothing, unless you think that having three star fox characters in Brawl is enough. This isn't good at all.
Kirby - Again, nothing. Where's my 3-D kirby platformer, Nintendo?
F-Zero - Nothing, nadda, nope. How long is it going to be before Captain Falcon starts pwning Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow on the race course again?
Pikmin - Can you say nothing? Grrr, this is getting really tiring!

So, overall, only Mario and his alter ego are getting any great representation. Others like Zelda and Metroid at least have one title, but a console like the Wii needs more than that. Even worse is the fact that a lot of the main series aren't getting any representation at all!

I really wish Nintendo would run the Wii machine like they are running the DS. The Dual-Screen has a lot of gimmick games, yes, but it also has a neverending supply of awesome games as well - plus representation for almost every series listed above. The Wii just doesn't seem to have as many stand out titles or as good representation as the DS, which is really disapointing. :(
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »
You know, as much as I like sequels to series I'm familiar with, I'm still more eager to try out something new. Where's Disaster and Sadness? Why cancel Project H.A.M.M.E.R. for Wii Sports Resort?

All of you buy Wario Land Shake so we get more 2D goodness on our home consoles.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
You know, as much as I like sequels to series I'm familiar with, I'm still more eager to try out something new. Where's Disaster and Sadness? Why cancel Project H.A.M.M.E.R. for Wii Sports Resort?

All of you buy Wario Land Shake so we get more 2D goodness on our home consoles.

I've recently heard H.A.M.M.E.R.(time) has been reconfirmed. I'd really love to get my hands on disaster, and it seems to still be in production but they sure are taking a long time. Also, Nibris said they would finish Sadness by Fall '09
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:18:43 PM by Robert »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »
Yeah, I just found out about it today. Looks fun, but I question if it's as grand as something like Star Fox or Zelda. Well, at least they're trying something new.
Let's put it this way.  You should import the GBA version ASAP.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »
I've recently heard H.A.M.M.E.R.(time) has been reconfirmed. I'd really love to get my hands on disaster, and it seems to still be in production but they sure are taking a long time. Also, Nibris said they would finish Sadness by Fall '09

If that's true, great! I thought Project H.A.M.M.E.R looked like it had a lot of promise, and if it does get released, I bet it will be a lot of fun. Finally, a beat-em-up that actually uses extensive motion control and does it right! Although, with the Force Unleashed coming to Wii, we may not have to wait as long for that kind of a game. :)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
Is it just me or has Nintendo COMPLETELY abandonded the DS altogether? Rhythm Heaven is fine and dandy, but that's it. That's the only 1st party game they announced for it here. Right now it just looks like the DS is just an obligatory rehash machine for remakes. I like remakes as much as the next guy, but it seriously has little else right now. Remember when the DS was an absolute powerhouse that dominated everything in the market? I miss those days.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Um...

...what

I don't think how many DS titles were announced at E3 is a good basis for determining that Nintendo has beaten the DS to death and left it on the side of the road to die.

The DS doesn't need a bunch of new amazing first-party titles. Where have you been for the last four years?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:06:47 PM by bobman37 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:32 PM »
If it isn't a rehash, it's shovelware, amirite??????
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891395p1.html

:D

HA I knew it was going to happen!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »

This is delicious!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:58 AM »
Excellent! Now I have a big, 3D Wii title to look forward to!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »
Forgive me for asking such a n00bish question, but what's so great about Pikmin?

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
If it isn't a rehash, it's shovelware, amirite??????

That depends on what your definition of a rehash is. Honestly, the DS fares a lot better than the GBA ever did, IMO. Take the Mario series, for example. The GBA was stuck solely with ports of old games and spin-offs. Now look at the DS: not a single direct port of any mario game - all the main titles either are either totally original or are remakes of old titles, not just ports. NSMB and Super Princess Peach are totally original. Yoshi's Island DS is all original levels and has new game features. Even Super Mario 64 DS has 30 new stars, new playable characters, and a totally different control scheme - to name a few changes. The Gameboy Advance could only dream of stuff like this.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »
Forgive me for asking such a n00bish question, but what's so great about Pikmin?

Nothing. People like it because it's the closest Nintendo's ever come to a strategy game. That's why little kids like it so much.

Yeah, I saids it.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »

For once Kirby isn't angry on NOA's boxart.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:19:01 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
I'll likely be getting that.
every

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »
I'll probably be getting it too, even though I own (and still play) the Snes one.

I haven't been following much of the E3 discussion (mostly because I've had to work alot), but it wasn't always at E3 that Nintendo announced things. I seem to recall Nintendo announcing things a week or so later, after E3 had ended.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
I will be, because the original game won't run in SNEmulDS. >:P

Yeah it's really hard to get E3 news when IRC won't work and I don't know why everything else is working but I can't connect to IRC so I'm not very happy in fact I'm rather frustrated.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
IRC? That's what connects to the chatroom, correct?

That reminds me.. I have downloaded the mIRC.. thing, but somehow still can't connect to the chatroom. I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't go in-depth about it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
I'm not on my computer right now
He's posting with his mind!!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »
Nothing. People like it because it's the closest Nintendo's ever come to a strategy game. That's why little kids like it so much.

Yeah, I saids it.

ok please kill yourself tactless griefer

As for the confirmation of Pikmin 3, it's pretty obvious it was coming eventually, he probably just confirmed it so people would stop bugging him and to tide over the disappointed traditional gamers.

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
I'm not on my computer right now

He's posting with his mind!!

I am at work, you lunatic. XD

I was under the impression that Pikmin for the Wii has been confirmed for a while.. I seem to recall a video reel which showed several games they were/are working on before Mario Strikers came out. I think Pikmin was on it..

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »
SNEmulDS.

Pronounced "Snee-mulds", right?
every

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
The Wii was worth the $250 for Galaxy, Brawl and a few other killer apps. And my gamecube was broke, so...it helps there too.

That said, if I want anything multi-platform, I'll be getting the 360 version. Except Sonic Unleashed. I'm getting both (different level designs/game engine).

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »
I don't think how many DS titles were announced at E3 is a good basis for determining that Nintendo has beaten the DS to death and left it on the side of the road to die.
This isn't based off of just E3. Nintendo hasn't been doing much of anything on the DS for about a year now. The last big name DS game to come out was Phantom Hourglass. I'm not saying they have to pump out 1st party titles constantly, but seriously, there hasn't been much in the way of core games in the past 12 months.

The same goes with Wii. I'm not expecting a game on par with Mario Galaxy to come out every few months, but still. It's not as big a deal with Wii since they've had a few big games come out recently (Brawl, Kart, etc...) but as we've all seen, they can't rely on 3rd party games much for Wii. Hopefully The Conduit, Deadly Creatures, and the likes will wake up the rest of those 3rd party shlubs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:20:15 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »
I think you're majorly confusing "big-name" with "first-party". There are and have been a lot of great third party titles coming out. It isn't as though Nintendo makes the only good games or something.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
Yeah, alright, good point. When I say big name, I mean 1st party titles, since yes, there's been some good 3rd party ones on DS lately like Final Fantasy A2 and such. The Wii on the other hand... disregarding all these little tidbits about Pikmin 3 and Mario Galaxy sequels... there's a lot more promising-looking 3rd party games on the horizon, as opposed to the past two years where the only good non-Nintendo games were all made by Capcom. (all three of them)
= = = = = = =

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't work on Boom Blox or No More Heroes.

I'm also disappointed Capcom didn't even hint at whether Tatsunoko vs. Capcom could see localization. That would've been nice.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

Me wants.
Or I want, for you grammar police.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »
Me too, but I have to say, that's one of the worst logos I've ever seen.

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »
But at least Kirby's not angry!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2008, 12:17:58 AM »
Me too, but I have to say, that's one of the worst logos I've ever seen.

It'd look better if the world "ultra" was in the same font.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »
And I've always hated the new Kirby logo.  It looks like somebody sat on it.

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:52 AM »
I believe it'd have something to do with battery life. I think relaying information like that via bluetooth takes a lot of power. If anything though, it would've been cool if there was an attachment (like WiiMotion Plus?) that let you plug a mic dongle into your Wii remote. *shrug*

You know, I really don't like how everyone has all these negative, doom n' gloom vibes for Nintendo post E3. I can't say that this was the best E3 presentation ever from Nintendo, but I suppose it is a "business" expo now, so it's more about trying to please stockholders and not about trying to please us 'hardcore gamers' anymore. Just because they didn't show all the games we're looking for doesn't mean they forgot about us. And plus, there is still a lot I'm looking forward to though these next couple months.. what with Animal Crossing, Rhythm Tengoku (which was an extremely excellent GBA game, btw), Wario Shake it!, Kirby, etc. etc. I'm sure a big chunk of my income will still be on Nintendo this coming holiday season.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2008, 12:44:46 AM »
Yeah but see, that's the thing. E3 is and always has been about future projects, going far into next year and perhaps even after the next E3. All these decent looking games like Wario Land and Animal Crossing (not) will be out in a matter of months, leaving Nintendo with wagglewagglewaggle 1st party for a while, as far as we know. At least the 3rd parties at least look like they're trying, now.
= = = = = = =

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »
I believe it'd have something to do with battery life. I think relaying information like that via bluetooth takes a lot of power.
No way.  The speaker is just a microphone is reverse, and there's no battery problem there.

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »
I really am losing faith in Nintendo.. somehow, this year's E3 was just terrible (for them). The biggest game announced for release was the Animal Crossing sequel, plus a bunch of pug-ins/add-ons that nobody really cares about.

I probably won't be getting a Wii microphone (or whatever in the world it's called) as I don't want some five year old gamer to scream in my ear when they fall into one of the several pitfalls that I have planted around town. It almost seems like Nintendo just doesn't even care anymore.. Wii hasn't seen a game with some story behind since Super Mario Galaxy came out. SMG was great, yes, but where's my Kirby? .. what about another Zelda? Whatever happened to releasing more than one Mario/Kirby/Zelda per gaming system (ports not included)?

This comic from Fanboys describes perfectly how I feel (actually, it's not as much the comic as it is the explanation under the comic)..

Here

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »
I don't want some five year old gamer to scream in my ear
According to Nintendo World Report, Friend Codes are used to let people into your town. As for the rest of your post, this is all I had to say. But I do have to agree, she and Bill Trinen during the Wii Sports Resort demonstration were acting pretty stupid.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:16:27 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
This comic from Fanboys describes perfectly how I feel (actually, it's not as much the comic as it is the explanation under the comic)..
Here

I lol'd.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »
I love that comic.

My biggest disappointment with E3 though was the lack of Kirby's Adventure Wii. It was shown off as a Gamecube game in like... 2005. Then two years later, they say it was dropped and brought up and being worked on for Wii. Now it's 2008, and they still have yet to release anything new about it, despite stating that it's still being worked on a few months ago.
= = = = = = =

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
The one with the motorcycle/totem pole stacking thing?

Where the eff is that? Gahd.
every

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 07:08:24 AM »
I was looking forward to seeing Kirby's Adventure Wii at e3. This is a business expo (kinda), so were gonna have to wait for E4All. In winter. >:(

I'm gonna buy Kiby Super Star Ultra.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »
Nintendo said what they showed at E3 is basically it for the year.
WLSI and KSSU will be playable at PAX though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
So....Portal: Still Alive, which was said to be a version of Portal exlusive to XBLA with additional maps, secretly turned out to be the map pack made by the creators of Portal: The Flash Version. So, PC gamers don't actually get screwed over, but 360 owners don't actually get new content. In fact, they get charged for previously free content. I know Valve's first and foremost a PC developer, but this is surprisingly lame.
every

Print