Print

Author Topic: E3 Disscussion  (Read 25143 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
Is it just me or has Nintendo COMPLETELY abandonded the DS altogether? Rhythm Heaven is fine and dandy, but that's it. That's the only 1st party game they announced for it here. Right now it just looks like the DS is just an obligatory rehash machine for remakes. I like remakes as much as the next guy, but it seriously has little else right now. Remember when the DS was an absolute powerhouse that dominated everything in the market? I miss those days.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Um...

...what

I don't think how many DS titles were announced at E3 is a good basis for determining that Nintendo has beaten the DS to death and left it on the side of the road to die.

The DS doesn't need a bunch of new amazing first-party titles. Where have you been for the last four years?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:06:47 PM by bobman37 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:32 PM »
If it isn't a rehash, it's shovelware, amirite??????
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891395p1.html

:D

HA I knew it was going to happen!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »

This is delicious!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:58 AM »
Excellent! Now I have a big, 3D Wii title to look forward to!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »
Forgive me for asking such a n00bish question, but what's so great about Pikmin?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
If it isn't a rehash, it's shovelware, amirite??????

That depends on what your definition of a rehash is. Honestly, the DS fares a lot better than the GBA ever did, IMO. Take the Mario series, for example. The GBA was stuck solely with ports of old games and spin-offs. Now look at the DS: not a single direct port of any mario game - all the main titles either are either totally original or are remakes of old titles, not just ports. NSMB and Super Princess Peach are totally original. Yoshi's Island DS is all original levels and has new game features. Even Super Mario 64 DS has 30 new stars, new playable characters, and a totally different control scheme - to name a few changes. The Gameboy Advance could only dream of stuff like this.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »
Forgive me for asking such a n00bish question, but what's so great about Pikmin?

Nothing. People like it because it's the closest Nintendo's ever come to a strategy game. That's why little kids like it so much.

Yeah, I saids it.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »

For once Kirby isn't angry on NOA's boxart.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:19:01 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
I'll likely be getting that.
every

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »
I'll probably be getting it too, even though I own (and still play) the Snes one.

I haven't been following much of the E3 discussion (mostly because I've had to work alot), but it wasn't always at E3 that Nintendo announced things. I seem to recall Nintendo announcing things a week or so later, after E3 had ended.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
I will be, because the original game won't run in SNEmulDS. >:P

Yeah it's really hard to get E3 news when IRC won't work and I don't know why everything else is working but I can't connect to IRC so I'm not very happy in fact I'm rather frustrated.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
IRC? That's what connects to the chatroom, correct?

That reminds me.. I have downloaded the mIRC.. thing, but somehow still can't connect to the chatroom. I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't go in-depth about it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
I'm not on my computer right now
He's posting with his mind!!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print