Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have VVVVVV  (Read 26979 times)

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
The replay value alone should be enough to convince you. I've put in well over 50 hours and am only now just slowing down a little. And that's because I wanted to, not because it's a 50 hour game. It's a one hour game.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
Turtlekid1. Seriously. Buy VVVVVV. It's only five dollars. Five dollars.. That means packing a lunch just one time this week. Don't think too hard about it, just buy it. It'll be well worth it.
For me, that doesn't mean just packing a lunch once this week.  That means not being able to buy a game I want later next year.  Keep in mind that I get most of my games and all of my money from birthdays and Christmas.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
All I'm sayin is, there's no game coming out anytime in the future that's worth waiting for, when you can buy VVVVVV right now.

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
I laughed that me liking the game counted as a strike against it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
All I'm sayin is, there's no game coming out anytime in the future that's worth waiting for, when you can buy VVVVVV right now.
inFAMOUS 2, Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Batman: Arkham City, the 3DS, pretty much every launch title for the 3DS, etc.

As you can see, I'm already having to prioritize.

I laughed that me liking the game counted as a strike against it.
For most of the people on this forum, it might not.  But I'd say it's clear that we have radically different taste and philosophy regarding games.  And regarding everything else, for that matter.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 09:10:18 AM »
Alright, since Turtlekid was complaining about the "one hour" bit last night, let me emphasize how big a deal the replay value and quality of the game are in relation to bobman's gaming habits:

I felt bad about putting 27 hours into Red Dead Redemption.
I've put in well over 50 hours and am only now just slowing down a little. And that's because I wanted to, not because it's a 50 hour game.

I've not put in that much time myself, but I very easily could. I just played through it again yesterday, in fact.

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 01:03:25 PM »
The 2D Metroids are "one hour games" but Turtlekid1 doesn't seem to have a problem with those. Anyway, I recommend stop arguing with him. He's not going to freakin' buy it. And if he ever does, we'll just have to listen to him bash it for the next couple years.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
Metroid games are easily longer than one hour the first time playing through them.  And feature massive, relatively open, exploration-focused worlds that you can take multiple different paths through for a different experience every time.

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Exactly like VVVVVV.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
So practically speaking, I've already played it and there's no reason to spend money on it?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
You mean like inFAMOUS 2, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Batman: Arkham City, and half the 3DS launch titles?

Aside from the open-world structure, VVVVVV is nothing like Metroid games, or anything else you've played. You're just afraid to try new things.

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Lizard Dude is right, I'm not sure I want Turtlekid1 tarnishing VVVVVV by purchasing it.

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
So practically speaking, I've already played it and there's no reason to spend money on it?
I just mashed my hand into my face so hard I have to buy a new pair of glasses.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
Aside from the open-world structure, VVVVVV is nothing like Metroid games, or anything else you've played. You're just afraid to try new things.
Haven't we been over this?  It has nothing to do with trying new things.  What I don't want to do is spend money that I don't know will end up being well-spent.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »
Dude $5 is practically free compared to all these lame $50-$60 games you apparently have to buy.
That was a joke.

Print