Print

Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons GCN beats the pants off PS2 & Xbox!  (Read 26086 times)

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2005, 01:25:06 PM »
Well, Graphics don't really make the game.

It's all Gameplay. Music plays a good role in there too, but...

Really, just because a game looks really great graphics-wise doesn't mean it's gonna be fun.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2005, 02:29:14 PM »
I'm not sure. The ps2 is pretty sweet and yet, the gamecube is something to die for. So I'm not exactly sure which one's better. I've never played an x-box.
One of the best games forgamecube I'd have to say would be:
Mario party games
Mario sunshine
supersmashbros melee
F-zero GX
Wario land
Luigi's mansion
there's probably more but I can't think of them right off hand.
Ps2 games:
Ratchet & clank ain't too shabby
K.D.H.
DBZ Buodokia 2
Same with the game cube

So the point here is Mario's just awsome. Ps2 has great games that don't need Mario.
I'm not sure which one's better. It would be nice though if Mario was on more consoles then just nintendo.
I am Doc. Cann.E.Bol. I am a cannibal?! Huh! Who knew?

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2005, 05:32:21 PM »
i didnt post that. it seems perfectly fine for u to post a topic on how gc is better than the other systems, but its all wrong when i put one about how xbox and ps2 r better than gc. thats really fair

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »
Stop.  Spamming the forum isn't going to get you any supporters.  You're in the minority here.  Get it through your head!
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2005, 08:26:33 PM »
You revived this thread for that, Watoad?

I understand it's all in good fun, but rather unnecessary.

I'm not X-box fan, but I can see where there are some who would take as much offense as you might have from "nintendo is sorry"'s post from your own.

Though I've never cared much for the topic of this thread, to see it rear its head again, especially in the way it has-- I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.

Each system has its perks, and it's simply a matter of personal preference. Pick the right one for you, and let others do the same. I don't understand what the big deal is, nor why there needs to be a "better" system.

Edited by - Black Mage on 2/14/2005 6:28:52 PM

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2005, 10:09:45 PM »
Well, we're not saying what you did is wrong. It's just that there are more GC supporters on this board. (surprise surprise)
----------------------------

Super Mario Bad Influence Feb 05: Encourages children to eat wild mushrooms in hopes of becoming super.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2005, 11:49:15 PM »
Sorry, Black Mage. I tried to make it pretty clear that I posted those images for fun—just to share some pictures that I found humorous with other people here. They are of course appropriate in light of this thread's title, but I wasn't attempting to prove a point. If you hover your cursor over the first image, you might gain a little insight into my interest.

As one who hasn't played video games for what feels like a couple of years now, I frankly don't care which system people prefer. Since this is a Mario message board, the support is (or certainly should be) automatically tilted toward Nintendo, but it doesn't really matter. My creation of this topic stemmed from caring about the debate to some degree, but that was not everything. Please feel free to read the opening post again if you need a refresher.

In any case, although I do truly care about other people, I will not carefully avoid any word or image that might potentially "offend" somebody. That, to me, is a ridiculous way to live. For example, I will continue to wish people a "Merry Christmas" in December even though some of them believe that only "Happy Holidays" is safe and inoffensive. Or if you want to tell me in a respectable manner what you think of Apple Computer's trashy products, which I strongly support, then please go ahead.

What I cannot stand is blatant flaming, which is very difficult not to be offended by. It is outright rude, and for the morally incompetent, it is in violation of one of the forums' mere four rules. Unless you didn't read my edits of nintendo is sorry's posts, you know that violation is why I edited them. What he said served first and foremost the base purpose of inciting anger and dissension among the other members here. It is this type of behavior for which such members as marioguy and jon were banned. If you cannot see the difference between this and what I have posted, then I do apologize. I can say nothing to help you.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2005, 09:37:16 PM »
I'd better not get into a long rant here, but I'd like to state my opinion. And my opinion is that the GC is a ZILLION times better than PS2 and Xbox combined. Why? The main reason is that GC has Mario, Kirby, and other classic game series. I see Sony and Microsoft as idea-thieves who are trying to take the industry away from Nintendo. I CAN'T STAND people who think that the GC is kiddy and stupid; in my book it's a downside to the other two systems that they have so many M- and T-rated games. The world would be a far better place without immorality pervading video games. (Note that I do not think all T-rated games are bad; Super Smash Bros. Melee is a great game, though I think it was too severely rated anyway.) But I don't have time to address all the issues; this is getting long already. I hope I make no enemies through this post, aside from obvious goofballs like nintendo is sorry (I wish I could find out his previous identity).

Edited by - smfan1085 on 2/18/2005 6:21:50 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2005, 10:01:49 PM »
See? It can go either way. The Nintendo GameCube is not the issue here.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2005, 10:07:24 PM »
You took the force out of my post. "Misguided"???

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2005, 11:52:11 PM »
No, I took the rudeness out of your post that was a particularly bad idea in a volatile topic like this. If you must say that you think a certain console "sucks," then go ahead. But please don't use words like that for other members here, especially not right after the problems with flaming that we've had.

Why "e3"??

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2005, 08:20:15 PM »
I wasn't referring to any specific members when I said that. I said it in a general way, because I've heard of many instances of people saying that. I didn't even see nintendo is sorry's posts in this topic (only in other topics). Anyway, I admit that that was out of line, and I'm sorry. But I don't like people to completely change the meaning of my posts when they edit them. I'm going to re-edit it so it says something milder than at first.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2005, 05:38:10 PM »
Apology accepted. Thank you for showing integrity.

Your edit is much better than what you had there originally.

Why "e3"??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Whilst I was on vacation in cheese-land, I discoved from G4 that the GC is the strongest console, structually. After 3 grueling tests, it still worked! The PS2 failed in the first test, where a weight was dropped on it, the Xbox and GC survived a sledgehammer, and only the GC survived being dropped from 10 meters. The test was conducted twice, and the same order remained!

EDIT: I stand corrected. I meant Cheese-county (Tillamook).

Edited by - Suffix on 2/19/2005 6:07:57 PM

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2005, 08:45:02 PM »
Heh heh, who knew Nintendo also wants people to have people actually conduct these tests so they make it strong enough to withstand a hit with a sledgehammer and a 10 meter fall.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print