Poll

Do you think the Nintendo Wii be a sucess?

Yep. It will be the best system ever.
32 (51.6%)
It will be better than average, and you plan on buying it.
26 (41.9%)
Ehh... It will just sell as much as the Gamecube.
2 (3.2%)
Not really, I think Wii won't quite measure up to an Xbox.
1 (1.6%)
Nope, none or barely any Wii's will be sold when it comes out.
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Print

Author Topic: Will Wii Make it?  (Read 24080 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 09:05:15 PM »
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/e306-clips-e3-morning-stampede-173469.php

HAHA YES.

I actually can't understand that video myself, but look at the comments below it. (Language Warning)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »
Yes, the Wikipedia article on the Wiimote has a picture of the classic controller. (scroll down to see it)

That looks neat, but are you sure it's real?  I never saw any pictures like that on IGN.  Besides, that controller still doesn't have enough buttons to play N64 games unless you use the right joystick in place of the c buttons, which I don't consider to be the ideal way to play N64 games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 12:49:33 AM »
That looks neat, but are you sure it's real?  I never saw any pictures like that on IGN.  Besides, that controller still doesn't have enough buttons to play N64 games unless you use the right joystick in place of the c buttons, which I don't consider to be the ideal way to play N64 games.
It's real.  We played with it E3.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »
Microsoft's Peter Moore said, "Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?  People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3.  People will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid."

Sony's Phil Harrison said, "I think Peter Moore is exactly right.  I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3.  I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market."

Seems both Microsoft and Sony think Nintendo will come in second.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
The Wii will outsell the crappy ps3 and the lame xbox 360, Wii will be the best system ever.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »
The Wii will outsell the crappy ps3 and the lame xbox 360, Wii will be the best system ever.

Amen
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 05:57:31 PM »
I'd say all of them should do nicely.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 10:22:26 PM »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:37 AM »
To me, it'll be the best console of its generation, but that's just opinion from one fangirl.  Many people, I fear, will vaccumn their wallets empty for a PS3.  I know Wii will exceed its prececessor.  I thought the GCN was pretty much an improved N64.  Wii will thwart its competetors innovation wise, but there so many gamers who want games aimed for older audiences.  Those gamers are gonna want PS3 or X-Box360.  But with games like SSBB and TP's Wiimote compatablitity,  Therefore, I think Wii will be better than average, and people will by one.  SSBB and TP are two of the most highly anticipated games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 09:21:35 AM »
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060513133719562032&sectionId=1006

Hmmmmmm...... There's some disappointments for Sony fans.

Hmmm, isn't the Xbox 360 in that same situation? If you cheap out, you get the nearly useless version of the system?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »
Yes X-box 360 has the same sort of thing as the PS3 you buy the one with the good Hard drive or one without a hard drive at all. I think that is what I recall hearing but I may be wrong. But I believe I also heard that the inexpensive X-Box 360 also had some differences with the expensive one.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 10:39:28 AM »
I believe the difference is that with 360, you can actually upgrade the Core version to full functionality of the full version by buying a hard drive, wireless controllers, ethernet cables, etc.

It sounds like the cheap PS3 will have things that can never be upgraded, like HDMI output and more hard drive space. Who knows, though. As long as it's not released yet, there's hope.

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 03:59:58 PM »
www.wii60.com

This site is worth looking at. Their views are quite interesting.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2006, 04:18:51 PM »
Some of those pictures were just wrong.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 06:38:08 PM »
that one about the sony stealing fron nintendo was great! I never realized that sony stole that much from nintend, bu now I do!(handheld gaming, motion based controller,rumble,etc). An intresting fact however that I saw but I don't remember where, the playstation was originally the nintendo "Sega CD" that they thought of after they dumped philips after asking them to do that. However nintendo dumped sony and the whole playststation name and they tried really hard to make something of it (unlike CD-i) and they did.

Print