Print

Author Topic: What's on your Paste?  (Read 541591 times)

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »
Sweet and Sour Pork III  
 Rated:  

Submitted By: PAM_1
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 2 Hours
Servings: 4

"Cubed pork and stir-fried vegetables are coated in a mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce prepared with simple ingredients."
Ingredients:
1 pound pork butt, cut into 1 inch
cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 egg white
2 green onions, chopped
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup cornstarch

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch
pieces
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into
1 inch pieces 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
white sugar to taste
salt to taste

1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks,
undrained
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Place cubed pork in a medium bowl, and season with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Mix in the egg white and green onions. Cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2. Heat 1 quart oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large, heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
3. Coat the pork with 1/2 cup cornstarch, and fry in the heated oil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the celery, green bell pepper, and onion, and cook until tender. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from heat, and set aside.
5. In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked pork, celery mixture, and the pineapple chunks with

Sweet and Sour Pork III (continued) 2 of 2

Directions: (continued)
  juice. Return to boil, and mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water to thicken. Cook until well blended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My parents came to a concensus over the above recipe's quality after a mere few bites. They advised me to have cereal instead, which I conceded to.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »
Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Neil Patrick Harris and Dukes of Hazzard. The story should use a plague as a plot device!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »
http://lightprincess.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/milkshake2.jpg

Well, this thread seems to have run her noble course. Suppose a week isn't a terribly brief lifespan for a member's first thread, though.

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »
I don't care about the graphics, but I do want just 8 racers per track/5 tracks per cup again, along with the SMK points system..

1st place- 9 points
2nd- 6
3rd- 3
4th- 1

Finish fifth and below and you have to try again. Anybody who finishes fifth or below does not deserve points. It is ludicrous to think that there is a computer player who finishes in 11th place will have a total of 4 points when the cup is over. I absolutely hate that Nintendo decided to disperse the points out starting with.. MKDD, I think.

Me replying to someone at GameFAQs in a topic talking about how MKW's graphics could be better. Many other people posted, sharing similar opinions that the graphics don't matter, and 12 racers is too many..

I had to copy it because for whatever reason, GFAQs wouldn't let me post it immediatley..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
about kitchensink
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »
7E0F3009
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
7E0F3009
GB/GBC Gameshark? For what game, if so?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »
Hello Alan,
I am awaiting the arrival of an austin mini car sent from the U.K. to New York by Dave Ellison. It is being picked up by a friend of Dave Ellison's from Lawrence, Massachusetts. Dave said we could check with you about the arrival details. Can you please let us know if the shipment has arrived? Thank you very much.
Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've gotten my parents into the invaluable practice of copying an email message before sending it in case of an all-too-common "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" notification. Y'see, doing such prevents one from having to re-type the message. Is that not just fandiddlytastic?

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »
pulp fiction team fortress
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print