Print

Author Topic: Ebay? Or Amazon?  (Read 10091 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 11, 2005, 05:39:53 PM »
I want Super Mario Advance. Should I use Ebay, Amazon, or some other site that sells stuff?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 09:38:30 PM »
I guess I'll just give you the same advice that I give anyone who asks a question like this: try http://half.ebay.com. If you've never been there before, it's like part of Ebay, except you don't bid on stuff; you just buy it from sellers. There's used and new stuff, and sometimes you can get very good deals on things. I got a lot of the video games I currently have off this site.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 09:50:55 PM »
If there's a local game store like Game Stop that sells used game I would suggest checking there first.  Used games are often cheaper online, but becareful of what you get and the shipping charges.

I just bought WarioWare GBA for my brother off eBay and it cost $7 to ship from China.  When it got here I noticed immediatly that it was fake.  The artwork on the box, instuctions, and game are wrong.  No to mention the fact the it is heaview and has "Nintondo" on the back of the cart.  I had a similiar experience with SMA4: Yoshi's Island.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 12:24:23 AM »
Luigison, did it actually say 'Super Mario Advance 4: Yoshi's Island' on the cart/box, or was a typo on your behalf?

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 05:10:54 PM »
Thanks, smfan1085, the GameStop in this middle-of-nowhere town doesn't sell it,and it's either SMA4:SMB3 or YI:SMA3.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 06:48:12 PM »
Sorry, it was 3.  I think. The box and cart art are all in Japanese, but the ROM is the English version.  It opens to a scrolling message about the whole mod scene.  I posted that message a long time ago.  It had the F-word in it.  I was so put-off by it.  I wish I had got the real thing and the money had supported Nintendo.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 11:28:32 PM »
Oh! A while back some person on the GameFAQs message boards said the same thing - that there was a curse word somewhere at the beginning of the game. I thought, "What on earth is he talking about?" But that clears it all up.

Also, another guy on those boards once said that in YI the crayon doodles on Baby Bowser's wall might have the 3-letter S-word (it's not a bad word but I won't risk typing it) hidden among them. I felt quite disturbed for a time after that, for I only had the GBA version (which didn't have a part like that) and I thought that the SNES version had it. I actually tried posting here about it, but I couldn't post that day for some reason. When I finally got the SNES version, though, I found that it was not in it either. But maybe it was some unofficial version, like the one you described, that that guy was talking about...?

As for the talk about fake/weird products, I never had any problems of that kind with Half.com. I always bought stuff from other people who lived in the U.S.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 4/15/2005 10:33:00 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 01:39:41 PM »
S-Word as in Stupid or S***? Yes, a cuss word on a wall is really disturbing. I don't think Nintendo would do that in the original SNES version... I never owned the SNES version though, so... Ah, don't freak out. It's probably a ROM that got messed with by a freaking retard.

A bird can fly... But a fly can''t bird!!!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 11:22:22 PM »
Three letters, Bird Person... if you watch the Simpsons, that Gabbo puppet says it multiple times... as Smfan1085 said, it's not exactly a swear word, but it isn't all that good either.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »
Good is a relative term.  Some would say it's very good.  

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
...I don't watch the Simpsons, sorry...

Tallulah: *Shakes tail feathers* TWEEET!!!
Me: Yes, birdy? Oh, no, you didn''t... *Looks at sleeve of t-shirt.* Aw, pickle juice. You did.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 08:42:10 PM »
I got the SNES version, and I know it isn't in there.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 10:25:34 PM »
Speaking of eBay, the winner of this auction has a cool username.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 12:41:28 AM »
Bird Person: Great sig.
Watoad: Well, no-one did...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 06:18:07 PM »
I am not your puppet. I... Have no strings, to hold me up! Plunk ack!

Birds: My Anti-Drug.
It's YOUR problem!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 06:35:03 PM »
"Ebay? Or Amazon?"

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 11:06:38 PM »
What, are you just one of the multiple people who simply must point out any error I make in life, no matter how miniscule it happens to be? Huh? HUH?!

Got Bird? <(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 08:36:23 PM »
Is it SOB?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 08:46:06 PM »
Holy sausage, oysters, and bacon, Batman! I'm confused!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 06:04:30 PM »
Holy fried eggs.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

Print