I love them more than I love my pets
4 (22.2%)
They stink!!!!!!!!!!!
9 (50%)
Go jump in a lake, BP
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: Miis Bii-gone  (Read 13331 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:18:47 AM »
I know that J.J.'s caricatures can't be surpassed, but I cannot stand the Miis on TMK's current staff page. Deezer looks like a little kid, Sapphira looks like an old woman, Chupperson looks like a forgiving person. All that, and the fact that Miis are so generic. Everybody's using their Mii as an avatar these days.
So here. Using J.J.'s depictions, the Miis, and some secretive references, I made my own caricatures of the staff.

They're all yours, Deezer.

Ah, and, there's also a Chupperson minus the beard. But he also doesn't have the fire in his eyes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
I'm going to try and guess all of them (in order):
Deezer
You (Bird Person)
David
Chup
Sapph
Jesse
errr... Lizard Dude?

That's all! Can you let me change my vote? Because I just looked at them and I agree, they stink.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
I'm going to try and guess all of them (in order):
You (Bird Person)
errr... Lizard Dude?
Megabyte and Suffix. LD is no longer staff. While I agree that the Miis are lacking in detail, all of these seem to be emulated Ness drawings (all have the same eyes).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »
I think Miis are a fun, semi-unique thing on the Wii, but they were destined to quickly become the default caricature of people in any Nintendo-related website/magazine. As such, they got old before they were even widespread.

And I can't even begin to guess. Let's make caricatures for everyone!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:23:35 AM »
Hold up there, I'll make my own caricature, thank you very much (unless I find I can't draw it well enough... then I'll need some help).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
Who even looks at the staff page anyway...

Oh yeah, Nice caricatures Bird Person. Though I don't think that all eyes of every human in the Universe should look like small black ellipses.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »
Deezer, MegaByte, DavidDayton, Chupperson, Sapphira, Super Jesse, Suffix.

Do I win the cookie?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »
No cookie.  You missed Mushroom Boy!  Of course he's invisible, but meh.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »
Hahahahahahaa, ROB.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:55:55 AM »
Where's Mr. Face?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
Nice, nice... You also made up a cool WTMK logo.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »
Go jump in a lake BP. Oh yeah, and the caricatures rock.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
Oh yeah, Nice caricatures Bird Person. Though I don't think that all eyes of every human in the Universe should look like small black ellipses.

That's how I draw real (and realistic) people. Dotty eyes. I've never been so good at drawing realistic eyes (even when pictures are taken of me they come out all wrong!!), and my style draws some inspiration from Paper Mario and EarthBound, yeah...

Well, use them or don't. If they meet the staff's expectations, though, it looks like I'll have to make one for Luigison too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »
Excellent! I especially like how everyone has their own personalized shirts.

I really, really want a shirt emblazoned with a big "-ian." And is it just me, or is that font Trebuchet MS?

EDIT: No, it isn't, but it's close.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:06:39 PM by Suffix »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
I edited the poll earlier because someone *ahem cough cough* voted as if for BP's caricatures instead of the current Miis as the poll states.  If anyone else made the same mistake you can now change your vote. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print