Print

Author Topic: Bleedthrough  (Read 48289 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »
Also, I have game to game bleedthrough
Oh man, all the time. The worst is when I try to rocketjump in Halo 3 or snake in [insert racing game].

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »
Back when I was playing Baten Kaitos for an hour or two every day, I saw Magnus whenever I closed my eyes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
This technically isn't bleedthrough, but I always ctrl-C something in an attempt to paste in onto the computer next to me. Then my brain figures out that I can't do that. Then my brain goes nuts for a split second because it thinks I can't successfully transfer the data. Then I remember email and flash drives.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »
I tried to click on a spider that was crawling on the monitor once.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
Trying to rocketjump in Halo 3 must look hilarious.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
It works really well, but you are dead.

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 01:21:02 AM »
Anyone had bleedthrough and tried rocketjumping in RL?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 01:49:20 AM »
I once played Dr.Robotics Mean Bean Machine a lot, but then I started dropping beans on everything in my head and it was realllllly distracting. Like if you were talking to me in front of some stacked boxes then there was no way I was listening. And this was even worse then Tetris because pretty much anything could be a bean in my head. I eventually had to stop playing the game it was so annoying.
"it's always the present"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 07:04:23 AM »
For me, driving games have the worst game-to-game bleedthrough. I've tried doing Burnout: Revenge traffic checking during cop chases in GTA:SA and ended up crashing and looking stupid. I've tried pressing the right analog stick to activate car powers like in Midnight Club while playing Mercenaries, which shows how badly I relied on them. But worst was when I played GTA4 and kept mentally reverting back to the old controls.

EDIT: In some third-person shooters (and a few FPSs), I've tried looking over my shoulder (RE4)/entering first-person view (MGS) by holding down the right trigger, which did not have the desired result.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:08:25 AM by Glorb »
every

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »
For a while I played MKW, then one day I just started playing MKDS, I started to turn DS like it was the wheel and shaking it, I also kep pressing the D-pad for items
Noy Duh

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
That happened to me too. Weeks of MKW and I was no longer good at MKDS. :(

I also recall not being used to SMW's controls after weeks of SMRPG.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
For a while I played MKW, then one day I just started playing MKDS, I started to turn DS like it was the wheel and shaking it, I also kep pressing the D-pad for items

Ha. after beating SMG I played some SMW and sometimes I shook the SNES controller trying to make Mario spin.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
I don't think controls being different in games really counts as bleedthrough. Pressing X to reload in Halo 3 is just because the controls are different, whereas an attempt to rocketjump is more of a mental thing.

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 10:01:41 PM »
One time, I was sitting in the passenger seat, and we passed a truck with this board going all the way from the top to the street, so it looked like a ramp, so I thought that we should go off the ramp, shake the wheel, and make the car do a flip and boost. Once we passed it, a blue truck was driving beside us, and I felt the urge to throw something at it, preferably the banana peel in the car.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

CrossEyed7

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
I seem to get Tetris syndrome off of any game with repetitive imagery. I just got Meteos the other day, and now I'm seeing those blocks falling when I close my eyes.

Interestingly, I don't think I've ever actually gotten the Tetris syndrome from Tetris.

Print