Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368943 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
Why is it bothersome they changed the Game Corner? In my opinion, the slots have been dead since the first incarnation. It's not even real gambling at all.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
Once again, nobody would be complaining if the option of simply buying Coins were still available.

Slight dilemma: I've been trying to breed a Dunsparce which knows Bite, so I've paired it in the Day-Care with a male Ratatta. However, despite Ratatta knowing Bite, none of the hatched Dunsparce have the move upon hatching. What am I doing wrong?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »
Do the Dunsparce know four move on hatching?  If so, it may be that the four moves it does know are taking priority over bite.  If that's the case, make the Ratatta forget everything but Bite so that's the only move it could possibly pass along.

...this is all just a wild guess, though.  Sorry I can't be more help.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »
Scratch that; the Dunsparce are now inheriting Bite. Thanks anyway, TK.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #274 on: March 19, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
I know how to play it, but it's really hard to get any coins when every sixth card I flip over is a Voltorb.

Toad, if you're flipping Voltorbs that often you don't know how to play it.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #275 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
I never really cared about Breeding. Going gaga to make sure your Pokemon have the precise Nature, Ability, Move Set, Gender, who really cares? Play the game for fun, not to max out the monsters and break the game.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
It's a gotta-catch-them-all game. You gotta have all the best stuff. Thankfully by the end of Final Fantasy X I was too tired to attempt doing the bestiary catalog thing or upgrading the aeons (who seemed plenty powerful enough already).
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2010, 01:40:43 AM »
Toad, if you're flipping Voltorbs that often you don't know how to play it.

That was an exaggeration. But I did (and still do) find it hard to get past level one when there are so many Voltrobs on the field. I've made it to level 3 or 4 now, so I think I'm getting the hang of it. I should really progress in the game though, instead of playing this minigame (I want a Dratini now though..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #278 on: March 20, 2010, 06:11:16 AM »
I never really cared about Breeding. Going gaga to make sure your Pokemon have the precise Nature, Ability, Move Set, Gender, who really cares? Play the game for fun, not to max out the monsters and break the game.

So suppose you've already conquered all the gyms, Team Rocket, and the Elite Four (not that I'm assuming that Weegee has or hasn't).  Precision breeding and EV Training are about the only things left to do if you don't wanna try for Pokedex completion, which few people do given the sheer number of 'mons.

That was an exaggeration. But I did (and still do) find it hard to get past level one when there are so many Voltrobs on the field. I've made it to level 3 or 4 now, so I think I'm getting the hang of it. I should really progress in the game though, instead of playing this minigame (I want a Dratini now though..)

Wait, you mean the Game Corner is offering Pokemon as prizes again?  Man, this game just keeps on adding selling points the more I hear about it.  I hate having a budget.

« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
Wait, you mean the Game Corner is offering Pokemon as prizes again?

When hasn't it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
So suppose you've already conquered all the gyms, Team Rocket, and the Elite Four (not that I'm assuming that Weegee has or hasn't).  Precision breeding and EV Training are about the only things left to do if you don't wanna try for Pokedex completion, which few people do given the sheer number of 'mons.

If I need to complete my Pokedex (something I have never done in my life) or want a specific Pokemon, I just grab an Evolved Pokemon and a Ditto. Problem solved.

« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
Someone's gonna start up a "Dittos are Mons Too" or "Promote Genetic Diversity: Stop In-breeding With Dittos" campaign.

Although in hindsight it's kinda cool they can transform into the other-sex version of anything.
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »
If I need to complete my Pokedex (something I have never done in my life) or want a specific Pokemon, I just grab an Evolved Pokemon and a Ditto. Problem solved.

Again, at that point, unless you are, in fact going for Pokedex completion, the focus isn't obtaining a Pokemon, but training it.  As with many things in games, it's the journey, not the goal, that matters.

« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
Just beat Ash/Red on Mt. Silver. It was quite a challenge, seeing as my team consisted of a Lv.90 Feraligatr, Lv.71 Mewtwo, a Lv17 Wooper I hadn't bothered depositing, and a pair of level-twentysomething HM slaves.

By the way, has anyone else yet obtained the GB Sounds item? Collect all sixteen badges and chat up Game Freak's sound director in Celadon Mansion to do so. Any G/S/C owner shoud be pleased with the results.

Print