Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369167 times)

« Reply #1095 on: November 04, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Bulbapedia
Similarly, as of Generation IV, if two Pokémon with Shadow Tag face one another, both may switch out at any time.

Hmm.

Anyway, does anyone here live in a region that has "modern" pattern Vivillon? I'm looking for a timid-natured Compoundeyes Scatterbug with 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. I could breed an equivalent polar one, or offer something else entirely.

Also, this is fantastic. [Spoilers if you haven't reached the credits]
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1096 on: November 04, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »
Thing I've realized: A Ghost move and a Fairy move on the same set provides really good coverage. The only things I can think of that don't take at least neutral damage from one or the other are Litleo and Pyroar. Shadowgleam is the new Boltbeam. I'm trying the classic Quick Feet +Toxic Orb Ursaring with Play Rough and Shadow Claw as the coverage moves.

But he just got wrecked on Battle Spot by a Mewtwo Y. Owned by a player named AL QUEIDA. whose message was ALLAAAAAAAAAAH. I ended that battle quickly, an acquaintance wanted to fight me and I thought that'd be a little more worth my time and less uncomfortable.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1097 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
Hmm.

Anyway, does anyone here live in a region that has "modern" pattern Vivillon? I'm looking for a timid-natured Compoundeyes Scatterbug with 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. I could breed an equivalent polar one, or offer something else entirely.
I have a 31/31/x/31/x/31 Timid Scatterbug w/Compoundeyes for you whenever you want it; I'll take whatever in return.  Will it evolve into a Modern Vivillon on your system if it would on mine, or do I need to evolve it for you?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:06:43 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1098 on: November 04, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »
Ready whenever you are.

EDIT: Thanks so much!

Will it evolve into a Modern Vivillon on your system if it would on mine, or do I need to evolve it for you?

The Scatterbug I got via Wonder Trade a while ago evolved into Tundra (as opposed to Polar), so it should be good.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:42:51 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #1099 on: November 04, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
No problem, and yeah, I read that all that matters is the pre-evo's location of origin (although breeding sets that location as the region the egg was created in, rather than being passed down from the parents).

On a side note, I love it when random IVs, like the maxed Attack on your Vivillon, decide to persist through breeding even when they're completely unnecessary.  I got five 31/31/31/31/31/x Chespins yesterday while trying to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31.  I ended up keeping one that had IVs of 31/31/31/31/31/28; when I'm not investing any EVs in Speed, it hardly seems worth it to throw away a perfect IV for three extra points, even if I don't end up using SAtk at all.

Also, on another tangent, I love the new Berry Field mechanics; over the course of two days, I turned 3 Lum and 2 Sitrus Berries into 24 Lum, 15 Sitrus, and 3 Tamato Berries with minimal effort.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:50:12 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1100 on: November 04, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »
The Vivillon pattern I want most is Ocean, but unless one of you has a cousin in Hawaii, I'm more than content with Modern, especially with such ideal IVs.

Which Megas have y'all been using? Kangaskhan is nifty, but the prediction for Sucker Punch is nearly impossible against computers. Gardevoir is really unremarkable. Nothing new needs to be said of Blaziken. I've been meaning to train a Medicham now that it has an aesthetically bearable form, but there are so many egg moves for it come December.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1101 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
I'm only particularly interested in Kangaskhan, Alakazam, and especially Ampharos. But so far I've only bred and trained non-megable pokes.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1102 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:46 PM »
I can't see Megampharos being an apex threat competitively, but that hair is fabulous.

Speaking of which...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:40:08 PM by Weegee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1103 on: November 06, 2013, 12:18:47 AM »
Some of them are doomed to Ubers. When the dust settles, the absence of Gengar, Blaziken and others should make Ampharos more desirable...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1104 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:59 AM »
Well, perhaps thankfully for competitive battlers, it appears the Hidden Power type calculation remains unchanged from previous generation, since my perfect-IV's Honedge has a Dark-type HP, and most of the rest of my 5-IV Pokémon have Dragon or Ice.  I guess that means Fairy-type HP isn't a thing, then.

« Reply #1105 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »
Other people say their Pokemon have HP Fairy, so it must exist.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1106 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »
Bulbapedia claims it doesn't.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »

New one. Some new to the grid aren't new to the games... It's really hard to say whether it's Chingling or Reuniclus for Psychic... Bastiodon is sure though. I hadn't taken a good look at one and noticed its face was a castle until after the last one, I guess.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »
I don't think you have enough frogs there, BP.

its face was a castle

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I spent like half an hour adding a Fairy-type box to this template.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »
X has really blurred the lines between generations for me... or maybe there are finally just so many pokémon that the lines are collapsing all at once. I mean I could still tell you in an instant which one any pokémon came from, but it's not as conscious anymore, and so suddenly. I guess it could be comparable to thinking about what color each one is. You're not going to forget what green is, but "Maractus is green" isn't near the surface of your thoughts at all.

Maybe when genwunners go on about how these new pokémon don't look like pokémon, they mean the new ones' eyes all look too different from each other. I mean, look at this
It's YOUR problem!

Print