Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369088 times)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1155 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
You've got to feel bad for Aurorus.
I like how most of the best are steel.
EDIT: Just caught Mewtwo with a Timer Ball. Hooray
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:16:04 PM by Tavros »
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #1156 on: January 23, 2014, 09:27:25 PM »
jdaster64, your Friend Safari gave me my second-ever shiny, and the first I've encountered since about 2002.

So thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:01:56 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1157 on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
Europe has bank now. North America still no.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1158 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »
At this point, I've already completed the National Dex from GTS and normal availability, so I don't have much use for it anyway.  Now that I have the Shiny Charm, I've recently been trying to breed a Shiny high-IV Technician Breloom for fun, but not much luck so far.  I did get a couple of shinies really early, but the first was before I realized that Bullet Seed wasn't in its normal moveset (which is pretty dang important a move to miss on an attack-centered Technician set), and the second one had something like a 10 for its Attack IV.

EDIT: On that note, if anyone wants a 5-IV Adamant Technician Breloom, I can give 'em out for whatever.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:01:57 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1159 on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:26 PM »
innuendo warning
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:36:33 PM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #1160 on: February 05, 2014, 12:15:10 AM »
<3

« Reply #1161 on: February 06, 2014, 06:50:01 AM »
Well, apparently the Bank does have some form or another of legitimacy checking on legendary Pokémon; it wouldn't let me port up the Shaymin I glitched to in Diamond.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1162 on: February 06, 2014, 07:29:13 AM »
I think it just checks for legit movesets. I heard someone got a 6iv shiny Celebi through.

(heard as in, push the truck)

« Reply #1163 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »
Can the Pokemon Bank be used to transfer Pokemon between sixth-gen games, or just to import them from Gen V?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1164 on: February 06, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Probably. It's linked to your Nintendo Network ID.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1165 on: February 06, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »
I only have one gen six game, but upon reading the paperwork, yes, it appears you can transfer between the two games.

Keep in mind items will not transfer (at least, that's what the rules say. I haven't done it myself..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1166 on: February 15, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Thousands of people playing Pokemon Red at the same time.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1167 on: February 15, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
Getting back into SoulSilver. God this game is awesome.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1168 on: February 19, 2014, 01:11:45 AM »
I've kind of had all interest in TPP killed off by now because, hilariously, by implementing ideas meant to make getting to the game's conclusion more feasible, the entire playthrough has lost its purpose and direction. I wanted to see an answer to a question: how long would it take for thousands of people sharing control of an emulator to finish the game? Well, guess what, if the answer was "Upwards of a year because the pokémon who can fight keep getting released, for some reason nobody thinks buying a pokédoll would be faster than going into the game corner hideout, and Route 9 would be impossible unless interest died down enough for a night free of trolls," we'll never know. We'll know the answer to a more complicated question involving admin takeovers and a voting system, but honestly, who cares? If just getting it done was what was important, why does it even matter who is playing it? Being completely ridiculous and unwatchable is the entire appeal.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1169 on: February 19, 2014, 08:24:29 AM »
I would think that it would've still taken way longer to get a Pokédoll to the top of Pokémon Tower without tossing it or using it in a standard encounter than it would to do the requisite sidequests, especially after the whole Eevee fiasco.  Also, pretty sure the Safari Zone would end the run long before Route 22's already nigh-impossible ledge and Victory Road.

On an unrelated note, this.  I blame BP for misinforming me on Furret's "official" height.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:30:06 AM by jdaster64 »

Print