Print

Author Topic: Winter 2012 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 74757 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
Wow that is a really long delay. "A bit" > 1.5 months? :P
I have everyone's votes pasted into a notepad document and I'll try to get a primitive, unofficial tally using ctrl-F, but here's what I'm getting:
Topic of the Year: TheColonelKR's Super Mario Brothers "Movie"
Image of the year: OLGIARCHY
Queen of posters: Markio
Meowiest Poster: wat
Deezer Award: Deezer
WTD Award: TheColonelKR
Most Improved: TheMightyThor
Most Creepiest: Hello:)
Dynamic Duo: The Chef and TheColonelKY

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »
Pretty soon the Winter Advanced Poster Awards are going to take place in the middle of summer.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Okay, so, I tallied everything up. Here are the results I got:

Poster of the Year: -TIE- CrossEyed7 / Markio
Post of the Year: Only two people even voted, so... No winner.
Topic of the Year: -TIE- Ladies and Gentlemen: Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario Bros / Sexual Orientation
Image of the Year: OLIGARCHY. No runner-up.
Sig of the Year: Toad's: "I understand that [Toad] has some popularity. Somehow." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto.
Runner-up: Markio's Regular Show quoter: "Hey Rigby!  Look at me!  I just laid sea turtle eggs and now I'm swimming out to sea!  Although many of my hatchlings won't make it to adulthood."
Song of the Year: "Waluigi's Island" by Fifth. Runner-up "Good Gravity" by Truttle.
Deezer Award: Deezer. Runner-up TEM.

Funniest Poster: Weegee. Runner-up BP if self-votes count. Otherwise no runner-up.
Most Creative Poster: Qwerty. Runner-up BP.
Smartest Poster: CrossEyed7.  Runner-up Markio.
Most Amiable Poster: Markio. Runner-up Toad.

Best Newbie: Godot. Runner-up Ogres Have Layers.
Blast from the Past: Markio. Runners-up (TIE) Chupperson Weird / Sapphira / Suffix
Most Missed: Watoad. Runner-up Black Mage.
Most Improved: TheMightyThor. No runner-up.

Most Mario-Wise Poster: CrossEyed7. Runner-up The Chef.
Meowiest Poster: LilKitten. No runner-up.
Queen of Posters: Sapphira. If self-votes count, Markio / WarpRattler tie with Sapphira for first. Otherwise they tie for runners-up.
King of Posters: Sapphira if self-votes count. Otherwise no winner.
WTD Award: TheColonelKR. No runner-up.

Retro Awards (each of these winners got at least two votes in their respective categories):
Dynamic Duo: The Chef & TheColonelKR. No runner-up.
Worst Alternate Account: A

Someone might wanna double check these, but I think these are correct. Dunno if we're gonna do a tie-breaker round or whatever.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 01:10:16 PM »
And polls are now closed! It looks like Deezer won everything once again!

Somehow Weegee got Miss Congeniality.  Lizard Dude got second.  BP got Not Last.
Okay, so, I tallied everything up. Here are the results I got:

Poster of the Year: -TIE- CrossEyed7 / Markio
Post of the Year: Only two people even voted, so... No winner.
Topic of the Year: -TIE- Ladies and Gentlemen: Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario Bros / Sexual Orientation
Image of the Year: OLIGARCHY. No runner-up.
Sig of the Year: Toad's: "I understand that [Toad] has some popularity. Somehow." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto.
Runner-up: Markio's Regular Show quoter: "Hey Rigby!  Look at me!  I just laid sea turtle eggs and now I'm swimming out to sea!  Although many of my hatchlings won't make it to adulthood."
Song of the Year: "Waluigi's Island" by Fifth. Runner-up "Good Gravity" by Truttle.
Deezer Award: Deezer. Runner-up TEM.

Funniest Poster: Weegee. Runner-up BP if self-votes count. Otherwise no runner-up.
Most Creative Poster: Qwerty. Runner-up BP.
Smartest Poster: CrossEyed7.  Runner-up Markio.
Most Amiable Poster: Markio. Runner-up Toad.

Best Newbie: Godot. Runner-up Ogres Have Layers.
Blast from the Past: Markio. Runners-up (TIE) Chupperson Weird / Sapphira / Suffix
Most Missed: Watoad. Runner-up Black Mage.
Most Improved: TheMightyThor. No runner-up.

Most Mario-Wise Poster: CrossEyed7. Runner-up The Chef.
Meowiest Poster: LilKitten. No runner-up.
Queen of Posters: Sapphira. If self-votes count, Markio / WarpRattler tie with Sapphira for first. Otherwise they tie for runners-up.
King of Posters: Sapphira if self-votes count. Otherwise no winner.
WTD Award: TheColonelKR. No runner-up.

Retro Awards (each of these winners got at least two votes in their respective categories):
Dynamic Duo: The Chef & TheColonelKR. No runner-up.
Worst Alternate Account: A

Someone might wanna double check these, but I think these are correct. Dunno if we're gonna do a tie-breaker round or whatever.

Put me down for Markio and Sapphira in every category.  CE7, I have a lot of respect for you , but this procrastination looks more like something Luigison would start and never finish. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
Now, now, last calls for voting were February 24th, and CE7's computer is borked. That's why he hasn't posted in so long.
* Suffix coughs

Anyway, save it for the next awards. Like me!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
He's most definitely around. So that's not a valid excuse anymore. :P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »
I find it interesting how all the Post of the Year votes were all in one topic.
Relics.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »
By the same poster, no less.

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
I'm confused, is Sapphira going to kiss a mirror?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
Winter 2005 ADVANCED Poster awards were still the best.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
I'm honored. Thank you, all.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »
The winners haven't been formally announced yet...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2013, 02:24:37 AM »
Aw c'mon guys not even an honorable mention?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »
Sorry for bump, but are we actually going to have the winners formally announced, or is it just taking a long time?
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
It's going to take so long they'll be merged with this year's ADVANCED Poster Awards, which will actually take place in July 2014.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print