Video Games > Video Game Chat

Is squaresoft more affiliated with nintendo that we think?

(1/3) > >>

Kat:
I don't know about anyone else, but over the course of the summer, I've been looking all over for gaming music [namely, Modules, and SPC->IT Conversion Soundtracks.] And I found several nice final fantasy6 ones, and I was listening to them and a few tracks just began to sound so famaliar..Owzer's house sounds like Nimbus land castle[and I know squaresoft worked on this game, but just give me a sec here...] Serpent trench sounds alot like the opening to smw2: yoshi's island, Thamasa sounds like gerudo valley, [ya I know Legend of zelda isn't *really* part of the Mario universe, but still..]  The Veldt sounds like it's from one of the caves from smw...The opera dance sounds like the water theme to mario*think frog suit, annoying cheep cheeps,* The opera finale sounds kinda like booster hill, Spinach rag reminds me of smb3 and Zozo...don't ask why, but it just sounds like it's from mario~~maybe one of the cartoons...something like bowser, or another cave theme...
^_^; if anyone has ANY clue as to what I'm talking about--a reply would be apperciated ;)

•^v´~`·._•(·~Kat~·)•_.·´~`v^•

Star Guardian GENO:
I've never really thought of those similarities, but now that you mention them, I totally agree!  The only difference is songs like 'The Magic House' (Owzer's, you know) and 'Grand Finale?' can stand up better as songs on their own than the Nimbus Castle and Booster Hill themes.  I love to listen to Ultros's theme, but if I were to listen to Booster Hill without actually dodging barrels an snifits, I'd be bored quickly.  Er...what I'm saying is, it's better background music than it is 'foreground' music.....And yes, I AM a critical sonuvagun.

Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

VelvetDark007:
If you're talking about similar music, Square made FF3 (6 in Anthology), before SMRPG, and must've recycled some tunes in different chords.

Or maybe I'm just not getting whay your saying.

But I do like SMRPG and the music... (I LOVED the music for the fight with Culex! ^___^)

Star Guardian GENO:
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the music for the Culex battle wasn't SMRPG music.  Per se, it wasn't music composed for that game imparticular.  It's actually the boss theme from Final Fantasy IV (initially known as Final Fantasy II in America).  Culex himself was a boss from Final Fantasy II (the actual one, not FFIV).

Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

Hinopio:
I think the bottom line here is that Squaresoft knows how to make games, from incredible depth to inspired musical themes.  That is exactly why Square should return to Nintendo!  Two corporate creative geniuses in an alliance like that could turn the industry upside down.

And yes, I am a biased gamer when it comes to Sony.  Sega knows what they're doing, and they do it well.  Sony just wants to make some money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version