Print

Author Topic: Guide to Kissing  (Read 105315 times)

Markio

• Normal
« on: September 04, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
Okay, so let me take you back to Friday, September 1st.  My drama teacher had told us on one of the first days of class that she would tell us what our school's fall drama production would be on September 1st.  September 1st came, and we all asked her.  She said she lied and that she'd tell us on Tuesday.  It has been rumored that it is going to be the Diary of Anne Frank.  Upon further investigation by myself, I looked up the characters and such information, and apparently Anne Frank kisses a boy in the play, a guy named Peter, who is a teenager my age.  Suddenly, I had the urge to try and get that part.  Why, you ask?  Well... I've never kissed a girl.

Yeah yeah, I know, kissing isn't that important, and a kiss only matters if you love the person and they love you back the same way.  But unlike you, I'm from a little country called America, where everything is done fast and without feeling.  So naturally you can all tell by my choice of words so far in this thread that no girl would want to listen to me for so long, let alone kiss me.  I probably sound selfish and superficial right now, but my real point is that if I were to get this part, which intigues me without kissing, I would still end up kissing Anne Frank, and I've never done that before.  This is the part where I start panicking over how I'm going to kiss someone IF I get this particular part, IF I make callbacks, and IF this is even the play that the drama teacher really chose.

That's when this idea came to me.  Have you ever kissed another person?  I don't mean like your mother or got kissed on the cheek, I mean like on the lips with another person, in complete agreement.  If you have, give us the details, sistah!  I mean, was it romantic?  How old were you?  What was your relationship with this person before the kiss?  Were you outside, in front of people, in a closet at some preteen slumber party, where?

On top of that question, what advice would you give to someone kissing for the first time?  Ask the person before you do anything?  Stare at them romantically, move in an inch and see if they come in too?  Pucker?  Wait until your faces touch to reach with your lips?  Close your eyes?  Try to focus and go cross-eyed, or just let everything blur as you make contact?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 11:09:30 PM »
Just do it, man.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:10:34 AM »
"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
~Steve Martin

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
~Albert Einstein

"I married the first man I ever kissed.  When I tell this to my children they just about throw up."
~Barbara Bush
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 07:56:29 AM »
That Steve Martin quote is killing me!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »
I've had a couple dreams, in which I kiss my best friend from school, who happens to be a boy.  I've had thoughts of kissing him, but I could never find myself to do it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 12:15:29 PM »
Uhhhhh, I've never kissed a girl before, maybe it's because pirates don't do that kind of stuff, I don't know.
I only watch [adult swim]

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »
I have no advice, seeing how I've never even come close to getting that far in a relationship. Also, I am extremely awkward in situations where I have no background in... like intrapersonal relationships.

Needless to say, there's a bit of a Catch-22 going there.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »
wat
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:20:08 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »
I honesly can't think of anything to say other than:

I feel your pain, man.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 04:10:43 AM »
Are you sure this is going to be a full-contact kiss at all, or just some kind of fake stage kiss. Don't they sometimes do a weird kiss to the side of the lip thing or turn to obscure the lips from the audience and just get really close?

I have kissed a few people and I don't really feel like telling any stories at this time but a good tip to score a first kiss is to get into a situation where your faces end up naturally close. Examples: sitting side-by-side on a bus seat, laying on a bed talking, camping in a tent maybe.

Note: None of the kisses were truly initiated by me. I'm a chicken at heart (less so in my advanced age) and the girls did the work. Thank goodness.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 07:35:46 AM »
Don't forget that I'd only end up kissing someone if I get the part in the play that isn't even confirmed until I go to school today.  As for fake stage kissing, our school does REAL kisses!  It's funny when we perform for elementary schools and at the really touching moments you hear the whole audience going "eeeewwwwww!".

Well, if Lizard Dude can kiss a girl, then I bet I could!  Wearing glasses is like the same amount of uncoolness as lacking a personality!

Unless you were wearing contacts during this ... contact.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
Dang. Lizard Dude has all the luck. :P

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 05:02:29 PM »
Never kissed anyone (sorry Markio).  But yeah, Lizard Dude has all the luck.

BTW, did you make the part, Markio?
-------------

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »
*faints*  No, I have not made the part yet, as it was just announced today at school that it will definitely be The Diary of Anne Frank.  Tryouts(auditions, whatever) will be in like two weeks.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »
Sorry, I misread your last post.  I thought it said that you will be finding out today.  Oh well, guess that means that this topic isn't dead yet.
-------------

Print