Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Galaxy character revealed in Famitsu  (Read 9325 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 18, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
The latest Famitsu magazine shows Mario meeting a Peach lookalike called "Rosetta" in Super Mario Galaxy. Rosetta's role in the game is not yet known.

Click to enlarge!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »
Curse you Doctor appointment, I could have gotten this news posted first otherwise!!!

Kidding aside, this is an interesting turn of events....
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »
Rosetta is giving me angst and I don't know the first thing about her. Why not introduce a protagonist, and not a new victim?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
How do we know she'll be a victim?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »
Why not introduce a protagonist, and not a new victim?
Miyamoto has already said that Bowser may not be the final boss, so at least you have a possible new antagonist.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »
She could, in reality, be an alien... and alien with lasers and stuff. From the picture I think it can be assumed she'll either be helpful, or one of those characters who comes off as helpful but just isn't, really...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 03:54:38 PM »
Translation thanks to AceBandage at NeoGAF:

Mario`s Great Space Adventure

For the first time in eight months, new screens! Introducing Super Mario Galaxy!

Big, small, travel around all kinds of planets to rescue Princess Peach!!

Peach is in trouble…again! To save the dragged-off Peach, Mario jumps into space! The platforming action spreads to new locales as Mario travels between planets large and small and faces off against enemies new and old. What kind of adventure lies in wait this time?

Freely Run About on the Surface

Every planet has challenges and things to explore. Planets come in all shapes and sizes, and have various gadgets. Sometimes there are platforms to travel across, too.

Inside, too!?

Mario runs up and down the walls of this stage as gravity changes direction. Is this the inside of a star?

Space is full of gadgets and bad guys!

To save Princess Peach, Mario jumps into space and develops new powers, fights tough baddies and uses tonnes of gadgets to morph and take on challenges. Let`s introduce the mysterious worlds and characters that he will meet during this adventure!

Lady of Mystery: Rosetta

Out of the light comes the lady of mystery, Rosetta - a woman of translucent beauty. If Mario falls for her, will Peach escape by herself and lay into him!? She doesn`t seem like a baddie: does Mario receive new powers from her?

Bowser and Petey Pirahna!

Some familiar faces power up. Bowser`s fire breath, is always, terrifying, but it`s a shock to see that Petey has developed almost dinosaur levels of power.

Travel through Water

Mario can travel rapidly through water with a Koopa shell. Are those Torpedo Teds chasing him from behind!?

Wrecked Spaceship

Mario travels the surface of a wrecked spaceship. Ambushed by enemies from four directions, he seems to be in a bit of a pinch. Better escape quickly and rush off to find Peach!

Castle of the Queen of the Bees

The kindly queen doesn`t seem like an enemy, but this `FLY` meter is a bit worrying…

The Gigantic Insect Tucks In!?

This insect moves from apple to apple, digging right in! There is really nothing but mysterious places here.

(Series history)
(E3 data)

Boiiing! Jump from Star to Star!

Using this star-like device, Mario can progress by jumping from planet to planet. Each stage is made up of several tiny planets dotted all over the place. While travelling between them, the pointer can be used to attract elastic collectibles to Mario, like playing Pachinko. Space is loaded with all kinds of gadgets!

Move with the Pointer!

The stars in the centres of these spherical bodies are called “Star Catchers”. Mario can fluffily float through space by connecting between them. Choose which point to travel to next using the pointer.

Collect Stars for a 1-Up!

When the damage meter in the top-right of the screen is emptied, Mario will sadly perish. Still, if you collect the “Star Pieces” that are scattered all over the place, Mario will get a 1-Up! Collect loads to avoid Game Over. On top of that, it seems Star Pieces can be used to power a special attack. But what kind of attack could that possibly be?

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:31:09 PM »
Don't ask me why, but I have an inkling that Rosetta will somehow be the final boss, and orchestrates the game's events all along, or something cool like that. o_O
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
Was that translated from engrish?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
I predict that Rosetta will be to Peach as Sheik was to Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (Except we already know Rosetta is female.)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
I kinda like Ultima Shadow's inkling about Rosetta, mostly because it would be really cool (although, it's something I'd expect more from the RPGs).
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »
Was that translated from engrish?
No, it was translated from Japanese.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 09:47:21 PM »
Probably named after the rosetta stone, and will probably serve a similiar role: Translating.

Just Like MEGAߥTE. :D

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »
I predict that Rosetta will be to Peach as Sheik was to Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (Except we already know Rosetta is female.)
Bob-OMB Yes, indeed.  I stand by this prediction.

If not, I'll enjoy having another character thrown into the mix.  Just keep flooding the pool...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »
Please please please please please don't tell me they are going to use Petey Pirahna again!? Haven't we had enough of the blasted baby Pirahna Plant? Why not just use the normal Pirahna Plants??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print