Print

Author Topic: Japanese Mario picture books  (Read 15948 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
I find the predictions of the Koopa Shell and Peach powerups interesting... I love your collection of guides, J. J., so far all I have is the Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) guide, not sure if it's official or not.

If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »
Looks like Chinese... I don't know if they make official Chinese guides.

J.J. McCullough

• Groin-grabbingly Awesome
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »
It is very clearly NOT official. There are a ton of unauthorized SMB guides floating around. That one does indeed look Chinese.

And yes, APE, of Earthbound fame, did indeed design all the official Mario player's guides until recently. For the older ones, looking for the distinctive APE logo is how I spot authorized guides, since, no, I actually cannot read Japanese. I think, though that the gold on the SMW guide says something along the lines of "master's guide" or "expert guide" since that's what this is. The one with Mario on the cover was the traditional walkthrough, the Luigi one is all about the secrets and stuff. Incidentally, there may be a few new "unlimited 1-up" tricks in here that I don't believe are very well-known in the west.
"Gravity is not only a law, it's a good idea."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »
Heh, that's some really awesome stuff!

And my friend wants to know how he can acquire that Yoshi's Island picture book.
Go Moon!

J.J. McCullough

• Groin-grabbingly Awesome
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 06:45:17 AM »
He can make me an offer I can't refuse...
"Gravity is not only a law, it's a good idea."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »
Mm-hm, and what kind of offer might that be?
Or, instead, is there any way to acquire a second copy?
Go Moon!

Print