Print

Author Topic: Mario: Man of the Hour  (Read 6216 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »
As political campaigns are in full sway, the past month has revealed a few more tidbits about everyone's favorite plumber:

* In Canada, Mario's popularity rivals that of the Prime Minister!
  More people in Calgary, Toronto, Halifax could identify a photo of Mario than one of their own Prime Minister Stephen Harper.  While Mario and Harper were generally tied in cross country polls (each recognized by about 70% of poll respondents when asked to identify photographs by name), Mario did catch the eyes of more women than did the Prime Minister (66% versus 63% identification).   (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22755)

* In the good old USA, Mario's games are the favorite of all political stripes.  When asked their gaming preferences...
  Conservatives generally chose "Madden NFL and Mario"
  Liberals generally chose "Mario and The Sims"
  Moderates generally chose "Mario, Donkey Kong, and Madden"

The man in red and blue could unite the nation!  (http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/how-your-politi.html)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:36:53 AM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »
From our (formerly) very own J.J. McCullough:

Filibuster Cartoons
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »
I'm liberal for the most part with a little bit of Moderate in terms that Donkey Kong (arcade) is one of my favorite games, and a tiny bit of conservative in terms that I think that a lot of the programing on TV is poor in taste
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
More people in Calgary, Toronto, Halifax could identify a photo of Mario than one of their own Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Is that really an accomplishment? I mean, people could probably recognize a hobo better than Stephen Harper.

Mario should run for prime minister. At least then, people would actually start paying attention to Canadian politics.

Mario did catch the eyes of more women than did the Prime Minister (66% versus 63% identification).
I always knew Mario was a lady's man.

The man in red and blue could unite the nation!
Could Mario be a symbol for peace between conservatives (red) and liberals (blue)?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »
Could Mario be a symbol for peace between conservatives (red) and liberals (blue)?

Far from it:

(if this is a little overboard I can take it down)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
At least then, people would actually start paying attention to Canadian politics.
So, technically, unless you think we don't pay attention to our own politics, you think that Canadians aren't people.

EDIT:Oh. But still...we're not that different...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:25:18 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 12:10:41 AM »

Far from it:

(if this is a little overboard I can take it down)
The People's Plumber :P
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print