Video Games > Video Game Chat

Pokemon Topic

<< < (256/258) > >>

Weegee:
The PC is a joy to use now. I'm also glad they brought back the miscellaneous storage pocket in your bag for one-off evolutionary/held items and the like.

My biggest complaint is Festival Plaza. It's an enormous step back in functionality from the PSS, and it overcomplicates simple tasks like dyeing clothing items or resetting EVs. The only way to level it up is to play tedious minigames, and you can only initiate three of those per day.

Turtlekid1:
EV training has always seemed kind of like this awkward mechanic that everyone (including the devs) knows is really tedious and unfun; but at the same time, there's this odd aversion to completely doing away with it or making it more trivial, like somehow everything would be too smooth without it.  Super Training in X/Y was way better than the long grinds I remember from Gen IV, but having my progress come to a complete halt for however long it took to do a couple minigames over and over was still not something I thought of as terribly compelling.

(I haven't played the new ones but from most sources I read it sounds like they've been continuing the proud series tradition of "two steps forward, one step back")

BP:
I always opted to fight hordes over super training for my EVs. Especially after Bank came out, gave me more BP than I could ever need, allowing me to get loads of Power items.

Nothing as simple seems to exist in SM. I think I'll probably usually do my breeding and EV training in X unless there is an egg move or the Pokémon I want doesn't exist in gen 6.

Weegee:
The quickest way to EV train now is having enemies call for help. Each consecutive opponent you KO gives twice as many EVs as the last, so if your Pokemon is holding a Power item, you can max out a stat after beating fourteen enemies. Seven if the Pokemon has Pokerus. Be sure to have someone with False Swipe and a stock of Adrenaline Orbs. It's not as faste as hordes, but better than the alternatives offered.

Another tip: Just south of the day-care building there's a little fenced-in enclosure that's possible to enter on foot, but not while riding a Pokemon. You can enter it, hop on Tauros, and spin the circle pad around to quickly hatch eggs. Better yet, the space is within view of the breeder who crosses her arms when an egg has appeared so you can collect them immediately.

Lizard Dude:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version