Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369281 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #540 on: July 19, 2010, 12:06:20 AM »
All of my friends love Scott Pilgrim and none of us are hipsters. Recheck your facts.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #541 on: July 19, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
Are hipsters the ones with the ugly glasses? I forget.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #542 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:30:51 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #543 on: July 19, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »
Okay, so I started a new game in Emerald the other day.  I've just beaten Norman and am ready to head to the next location (Fortree, right?).  And, just as I suspected, the game got very dull very suddenly; just after the fourth gym seems to be the point in the game that one can't keep his levels high enough just by facing the trainers that he meets along the way. 

It's the point in the game that one has to start grinding excessively to keep up.

This is why I like RPGs like Paper Mario, where the battles were challenging, but not dependent on level. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
I assume by that you mean "balanced to require less grinding". Since I'm pretty sure if you tried to take on Bowser or whatever with a lv.3 Mario you'd still be toast.
That was a joke.

« Reply #545 on: July 19, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »
TK, how many Pokemon do you regularly use in battle? Your dilemma would be understandable if you're trying to raise a "balanced team", but not if you're solely using your starter like REAL MEN do.

Either way, your first destination after beating Norman should be the waterways to the north and west of Dewford.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #546 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
He already said he didn't know how to play RPGs, didn't he?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #547 on: July 19, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
TK, how many Pokemon do you regularly use in battle? Your dilemma would be understandable if you're trying to raise a "balanced team", but not if you're solely using your starter like REAL MEN do.
Right, so I can get completely owned at the Flying, Psychic, and Water gyms?  This is, of course, assuming that I chose Torchic like REAL MEN do.

I assume by that you mean "balanced to require less grinding". Since I'm pretty sure if you tried to take on Bowser or whatever with a lv.3 Mario you'd still be toast.
That's what I meant.  Although with Superguarding and incredible timing, you could take on Bowser, or any boss, at any level.

« Reply #548 on: July 19, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
If you rely entirely on your starter, it'll be around level 80 when you reach the Elite Four. Once you feed it the dozen Rare Candies scattered throughout Hoenn, it'll be unstoppable.

As for now, a versatile moveset is key. A Blazkien equipped with Double Kick, Flamethrower and Secret Power can KO practically anything in two hits or less.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #549 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »
Anyone interested in helping try out a Shoddy Team?  If so, do you know of a server to do it on?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #550 on: July 20, 2010, 02:05:33 PM »
This is why I like RPGs like Paper Mario, where the battles were challenging, but not dependent on level. 
It seems like Mario and Luigi more accurately fits that description, since a talented enough player can pretty much get through that game without even being hit.

« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2010, 06:31:10 PM »
New legendary revealed.

Oddly enough, its Pokedex number is #000. Also, it looks as though this might be the first "cutesy" legendary not to be Psychic type.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

I thought Scene girls were the ones who wore fake glasses and were 60% more likely to have sex with you than any other type of girl.
every

« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
New legendary revealed.

Oddly enough, its Pokedex number is #000. Also, it looks as though this might be the first "cutesy" legendary not to be Psychic type.
Is it just me or does it not look like a legendary? Looks like a rather regular Pokemon. *looks at V on head* oh my god it's the Viewtiful Joe of Pokemon!
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #554 on: July 25, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
Victini looks more like this generation's Rattata than a download-only legendary.

In other news, some Poke[bundle of sticks]s have been speculating that the Isshu region will be based on New York.

Their reasoning is as follows:

-Vaguely similar geography
-Wargle
-Getting Victini with the Liberty Ticket
-"Isshu is far away from the regions of Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto and even Hoenn..."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:34:36 PM by Weegee »

Print